If your eye doctor has told you that you are suffering from age-related macular degeneration you may want to pay special attention to the following product review.
This review may also be of importance to you if you are proactive and want to take preventative steps toward avoiding AMD.
There are definitely supplements out there that have been designed to promote the overall health of the eyes and combat the ravages of age-related macular degeneration.
These are over the counter supplements that are relatively inexpensive.
Table of Contents [Show]
What is VisiRestore?
The product we will be diving into today is called VisiRestore and it is a supplement as described in the introduction of this product profile.
VisiRestore is a not a prescription and you do not need to go through a doctor to obtain a bottle of it but it should be noted that you should talk to your ophthalmologist before taking any supplement that claims to have any sort of effect on your eyes just to be safe.
With all that being said VisiRestore is an oral supplement that comes in pill form that you can take on a daily basis in order to improve the health of your eyes and possibly to ease the symptoms that are typically associated with age-related macular degeneration; a blurring of your central field of vision, partial blindness, and overall difficulty seeing things in the middle of your line of sight.
Who is the Manufacturer of VisiRestore?
While not very much information about the company that produces VisiRestore is readily available we are able to discern certain basic things.
For instance, the company that makes VisiRestore is apparently called Integrated Naturals and the formula that they use to produce this product mirrors pretty closely that of other eye health supplements.
How Does VisiRestore Work?
There are a couple of nutrients that the eyes can benefit from that are not normally produced in the body i.e. they are not bioavailable.
These nutrients are called lutein and zeaxanthin.
These two components are the driving force behind VisiRestore and they are the nutrients from which the main benefits of this product are derived.
VisiRestore Ingredients – Are They Safe & Effective?
The crux of the VisiRestore formula lies with the 2 active and main ingredients.
There have been studies that suggest that these 2 nutrients may be effective in preventing and lightening the symptoms of age-related macular degeneration.
- Zeaxanthin – This is one of the main ingredients in VisiRestore. Zeaxanthin is not bioavailable. This means that the body does not produce it on its own. This ingredient helps prevent the oxidative damage that can occur in the retina.As per healthline, Zeaxanthin is one the most important antioxidant that defends our body against free radicals. If this antioxidant reduces it affects eye health.
- Copper Gluconate – This substance is apparently able to keep the eye from straining and making it easier to focus.
- Lutein – This is the second main component of the VisiRestore formula and works in conjunction with zeaxanthin. Lutein may be able to block blue light from reaching the inner areas of the retina and damaging it.
- Vitamin C – Vitamin C in its water soluble form may help the body’s ability to generate connective tissues such as collagen for the corneas.
According to Clinical Interventions in Aging, Vitamin C is required for the synthesis of collagen. Also, Vitamin C is rich in antioxidants which in turn may regenerate other antioxidants such as Vitamin E.
- Zinc Citrate – Zinc may be an important mineral for the eyes due to its purported ability to prevent cataracts and also to decrease the risk of age-related macular degeneration.As per National Eye Institute, zinc significantly reduces the risk of age-related macular degeneration and its associated vision loss.
- Vitamin E – This may also be an important vitamin for the eyes because it may be able to repair damaged cells in the eyes and reverse oxidative effects.
What are the Advantages of VisiRestore?
- VisiRestore may be able to reduce damages that result from straining your eyes.
- The ingredients in VisiRestore are said to be all natural.
- You do not need a prescription in order to use VisiRestore.
- This product may be able to prevent the occurrence of age-related macular degeneration.
What are the Disadvantages of VisiRestore?
- There is little information about the company that makes VisiRestore available.
- You may not be able to expect results overnight when taking VisiRestore.
- It is unclear how much of each ingredient is in the formula for VisiRestore.
- There does not seem to be any instructions for the dosage of VisiRestore available to view.
Alternatives to VisiRestore
VisiRestore Questions and Answers
Q: How Should you Take VisiRestore?
A: The instructions for VisiRestore are not readily available.
It may be that you have to simply purchase the product and read the label to find out how you should take it.
Q: How Much Does VisiRestore Cost?
A: According to one retailer, you can get a single bottle of VisiRestore for $69.
If you buy three bottles, the price gets lowered to $59 per bottle and if you but six, the price is $49 per bottle.
Q: What is VisiRestore’s Return Policy
A: The return policy for VisiRestore seems to be as follows: you can return the product for your full refund up to 180 days of the initial purchase.
However, this is the return policy of a particular retailer and not the manufacturer itself.
Return policies can vary depending on the retailer you are buying from.
Q: Does VisiRestore Offer A Free Trial?
A: There does not appear to be a trial offer for this product. However, the company may institute a free trial program in the future so you may want to check back later.
Q: Are there any alternatives to VisiRestore?
VisiRestore Review – Final Verdict
To review, VisiRestore has some good reviews on the internet and it may be able to fight the symptoms of age-related macular degeneration. The ingredients in VisiRestore also appear to be all-natural.
On the other hand, there is almost no information about the company that makes VisiRestore and we are not told how much of each ingredient is included in the product.
Lastly, VisiRestore may not be able to successfully rid you of your cataracts. We suggest taking a look at other eye health supplements.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye health supplements formulations on the market today, in our opinion.