What is Absorb Biotics?
Absorb Biotics is a probiotic supplement that claims to support a healthy digestive system, promote a strong immune system, and replenish healthy bacteria.
It also may relieve common digestive ailments such as gas, constipation, regular acid indigestion and bowel movement issues.
Table of Contents [Show]
The company states that this product contains 10 bacteria strains that could deliver 30 billion colony-forming units (CFUs).
When combined, the bacteria strains and CFUs may suppress the growth of bad bacteria in the gut which, in addition to helping support the digestive system, may contribute to increased energy, a better mood and an overall feeling of well-being.
Who is the Manufacturer of Absorb Biotics?
Absorb Biotics is manufactured by a company called Digestive Center, located in Los Angeles, California. The company claims to have a team of scientists, nutritionists, and medical doctors who work on their digestion products.
In addition to Absorb Biotics, this company also sells biotics for women, an active option, and gum for oral hygiene.
How Does Absorb Biotics Work?
The manufacturer claims that this product uses a variety of 10 different strains that are combined with 30 billion CFUs to possibly relieve digestive issues such as bloating, constipation and diarrhea, by stifling the growth of bad bacteria in the gut.
The manufacturer also claims that this product is time-released, meaning it can withstand the journey to the small intestine before it starts working. This is said to make it more effective than products which release their ingredients straight away.
Absorb Biotics Ingredients – Are they Safe & Effective?
The company claims the following strains of ingredients are in this product:
- Bacillus Subtilis – A spore-forming resistant strain that is commonly used for GI tract disorders due to its ability to produce and secrete antibiotics.
- Bacillus Coagulans – A type of bacteria commonly used in probiotics as beneficial bacteria for inflammatory bowel disorders, bowel pain, and digestive discomfort.
- Lactobacillus Acidophilus – A type of bacteria found in the intestines that helps in maintaining the intestinal flora.
- Bifidobacterium Lactis – A bacterium known for its ability to function as a probiotic by stimulating the body’s immune response and immune enhancement.
- Bifidobacterium Longum – An important inhabitant in the body that helps prevent the growth of pathogenic organisms, maintains a normal digestive tract, and inhibits the growth of bacteria.
- Lactobacillus Rhamnosus – A widely-used probiotic strain used for the prevention and treatment of gastro-intestinal infections and diarrhea by inhibiting the growth of harmful bacteria in the stomach and intestines.
- Lactobacillus Salivarius – A probiotic bacteria that lives in the gastrointestinal tract and helps with Irritable Bowel Syndrome by suppressing the pathogenic bacteria in the gut.
- Lactobacillus Casei – A species of Lactobacillus found in fermented foods, such as sauerkraut and pickles, which may be beneficial for gastrointestinal issues.
- Bifidobacterium Breve – A strain within the Bifidobacterial species, beneficial for colon health and women’s vaginal yeast infections such as candida.
- Lactobacillus Paracasei – A strain widely used in probiotics which may help support symptoms of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
What are the Advantages of Absorb Biotics?
- This product may provide relief of bloating, gas, constipation and diarrhea.
- Absorb Biotics could support a healthy immune system.
- The supplement is free from chemicals and additives.
- Some customers may experience benefits from the very first dose.
- Absorb Biotics is freeze-dried, so it does not need to be refrigerated.
- The product is time-released which may make it more effective than supplements which are not.
What are the Disadvantages of Absorb Biotics?
- Some users, including pregnant and nursing mothers, should consult a physician before using Absorb Biotics.
- It is made in a factory which also makes products containing common food allergens
- Lactobacillus supplements may contain live bacteria that might grow too well in individuals with a weakened immune system, such as those with HIV/AIDS, and could cause disease.11
- Individuals with a short bowel syndrome may develop lactobacillus infections.
How Should You take Absorb Biotics?
The manufacturer recommends taking one capsule per day.
How Much Does Absorb Biotics Cost?
A one-month supply of Absorb Biotics costs $44.99 plus $5.95 shipping, while a two-month supply costs $77.38 with free shipping, and a three-month supply costs $107.97 and also has free shipping.
What is Absorb Biotics’s Return Policy?
The company states that they will accept full or empty bottles within 90 days of purchase for a full refund.
Does Absorb Biotics Offer a Free Trial?
A free trial of Absorb Biotics was not found on the official website.
Absorb Biotics Review – Final Verdict
The manufacturer of Absorb Biotics claims this product may support a healthy digestive system and could relieve common digestive symptoms, such as bloating, gas, constipation and diarrhea.
The digestive cleanse product is said to contain 10 bacteria strains that could deliver 30 billion CFUs to help promote the growth of beneficial bacteria in the intestinal tract. This product could also promote a stronger immune system and replenish healthy bacteria.
Probiotics are good bacteria that are essential to overall health, and there are numerous types of over-the-counter supplements that offer them. Individuals should research the different options, as they may find one that suits their needs and budget better.