In This Article
What is Genucel?
Genucel pertains to a brand of skincare range that combines calendula with other tried-and-tested skincare ingredients. These include vitamins and various plant-derived extracts.
Together, these ingredients work to provide nourishment and long-lasting moisturization to the skin, while also increasing collagen levels in the skin and providing protection against further damage and skin aging.
Genucel offers a wide variety of products that can be purchased individually or in sets. Their best-selling formula is the Jawline Treatment with MDL Technology.
Other products include the Plant Stem Cell Therapy Cream, Deep Firming Serum Triple Action Technology Eye Cream, and Sun Spot Corrector.
Who is the Manufacturer of Genucel?
Genucel products are formulated, developed, and distributed by a US-based company of the same name. This company was put up by a pharmacist named George Faltaous. It all started when Faltaous created an anti-wrinkle cream using calendula flower extract as the base.
The user to whom he made it was very happy with the results. Not long after, everyone is requesting him to make more of the cream in order to experience its wonders for themselves.
One day, a dermatologist got hold of the formula and there began Faltaous’ journey to starting his own company… and the rest is history.
How does Genucel work?
Genucel, like most anti-aging skincare products, claims to improve the appearance of skin first and foremost by nourishing the skin and providing intense hydration to it.
According to the manufacturer, it also seeks to increase the skin’s collagen supply, which tends to decrease as one age. Furthermore, Genucel also intends to protect the skin against harsh environmental elements.
*All individuals are unique. Your results can and will vary.
Genucel Ingredients – Are they Safe and Effective?
Genucel is known for using calendula as the base ingredient for all of its products. However, manufacturers emphasize the use of the following key ingredients:
- Antioxidants – Antioxidants are the mainstay of many skincare ingredients, as their main function is to protect the skin against further aging and damage. In fact, their skin protection effects are so potent that they can aid in the prevention of skin cancer, according to this 2014 review article from Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity. Genucel utilizes antioxidants obtained from various plant extracts. These include extracts from cranberry, grapeseed, and green tea leaves to name a few.
- Hyaluronic Acid – This compound is considered to be the best moisturizing and anti-aging ingredient in the market today. The excellent moisturizing properties are attributed to its ability to attract and hold water up to 1000x its weight. The significance of hyaluronic acid in the cosmetic industry is highlighted by this 2012 review article from CHEMIK.
- Peptides – Peptides’ main function is to replenish collagen stores, which tend to diminish with aging. The benefits of peptides in skin health is discussed by this article from the official website of the Oregon State University.
- Vitamin C – This vitamin is best known for its ability to stimulate collagen production, although other effects like antioxidant and skin-lightening properties are not far behind. There is also a lot more to this vitamin, and you can learn more about them by referring to this 2017 review from Nutrients.
What are the Advantages of Genucel?
- It is composed of ingredients that have been extensively studied for their anti-aging benefits.
- It doesn’t contain ingredients that may potentially trigger allergic reactions.
- Claims to provide long-lasting moisturizing and nourishing effects.
- Designed to help replenish collagen levels in the skin.
- It may protect against various environmental aggressors.
What are the Disadvantages of Genucel?
- It is pricier than most brands.
- It takes time for the improvements to show up, and these may vary among users.
Alternatives to Genucel
Q: Where can I buy Genucel?
A: Genucel is available through the brand’s official website.
Q: How much does Genucel cost?
A: The price of the products and sets cannot be viewed unless you make a purchase. Some reviews say that the cost is above $100 each per product.
Q: Who should use Genucel?
A: Genucel may be used by anyone who wants to improve the health of their skin, and also to improve or maintain its beauty. The brand has a wide variety of products that will help address various skin issues.
Q: How should you use/apply Genucel?
A: To learn more about the proper usage, refer to the products’ label for their respective instructions for use.
Q: What are the side effects of Genucel?
A: Genucel products are not expected to produce any serious side effects. However, in case of severe adverse reactions, stop using the product at once.
Q: What are the precautions in using Genucel?
A: Individuals with a history of allergies must use Genucel products with caution. The same goes for individuals with very sensitive skin. Consultation with a dermatologist prior to use may be necessary.
Q: What is Genucel’s return policy?
A: Customers who won’t be happy with their purchase may request for a refund from Genucel. All you have to do is send back the product within 30 days of purchase.
Q: Does Genucel offer a free trial?
A: There are no mentions of free trial offers for any of Genucel’s products.
Genucel Review – Final Verdict
Genucel may not be as well-known as the other brands you see on television and magazines, but it can surely prove its mettle.
If you look at the reviews for the product, especially the ones for the Jawline Treatment with MDL Technology, you can see that it is effective enough to meet expectations.
*All individuals are unique. Your results can and will vary.
Then again, always remember that what’s effective for some may not be effective for others.
Genucel is a great brand and all, but it is still wise to consult your trusted dermatologist to find the right products for you.
Product reviews are provided for informational purposes only and reflect solely the views and opinions expressed by the contributors and not those of Consumer Health Digest. We do not verify or endorse any claims made in these reviews. Please read the full product reviews disclaimer. *All individuals are unique. Your results can and will vary.
Have a Question? Please Tell Us What We Are Missing Here!
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available informations and our estimation of efficacy.
*Result may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purpose. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended to be used for self diagnosis or self treatment of any condition.
*Disclosure of Material connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you can click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."