Seraquin is manufactured by Boehringer Ingelheim, a UK-based healthcare company that provides health products to both humans and their furry friends. The company claims that Seraquin is the number one veterinary joint support in the UK. Seraquin is a joint supplement that is designed to aid pets suffering from joint stiffness and degeneration. While Seraquin is available for both cats and dogs, this review will focus on the canine product.Seraquin is only available through your veterinarian, and the website does not list a standard price.
Boehringer Ingelheim claims that the special ingredients in their Seraquin formula are curcuminoids, which are a type of natural antioxidant. They work to get rid of free radicals in your pet’s joints that lead to degeneration of cartilage.
Seraquin also contains glucosamine and chondroitin, which are agents that already exist in healthy cartilage.
Seraquin is safe to give to pets already taking prescriptions for pain and inflammation. Still, be sure to consult your veterinarian.
The supplement is in tasty, chewable tablet form and is administered either as a treat or crushed onto food.
The official Seraquin website does not provide the amounts of ingredients in their formula. It does, however, list the active ingredients, which are as follows:
- Glucosamine HCL: a natural amino sugar that cushions joints.
- Chondroiton: occurs naturally in tissue and can help reduce pain and increase mobility.
- Curcumin: active ingredient in the spice, turmeric. Has anti-inflammatory effects.
- Seraquin was indeed found to be the number one joint support product in the UK by a Gfk sales study done in June of 2014.
- The company provides data from tests showing that 98% of dogs took Seraquin from the hand or in food. Only 2% rejected the chews.
- Seraquin can work as a life-long joint supplement given regularly to maintain joint health.
- Seraquin can be given alongside other prescriptions.
- A detailed ingredient list is not provided by the company.
- You can only get Seraquin from a vet.
- If you have a larger dog, you must administer multiple tablets a day (up to four) during the initial administration period, meaning you will have to buy a larger volume of product.
See Also- Pet Pain-Away Reviews
Seraquin comes in two sizes: the regular 2g tablet and the 800g tablet for small dogs.
The initial administration period is four to six weeks. If you wish to continue using Seraquin to maintain joint health, you can, but consult with your veterinarian for the dosage, as the number of tablets you administer will be reduced.
How do I know if my dog might need Seraquin?
Some common signs of joint problems are licking the joints, limping, having difficulty jumping, a hesitancy to play, or becoming increasingly anxious/ill-tempered.
How long does it take to see results?
Seraquin must build up naturally in your dog’s system before becoming fully effective. You may not see serious results until the conclusion of the initial administration period.
How to take Seraquin
Note that the following dosages are for the initial four to six week period. For dosage after this period, consult your vet.
For the 2g tablet:
- Dogs less than 20 lbs. receive one tablet per day.
- Dogs 20 – 40 lbs. receive two tablets per day.
- Dogs 40 – 80 lbs. receive three tablets per day.
- Dogs over 80 lbs. receive four tablets per day.
For the 800mg tablet:
- Dogs 10 lbs. and under receive two tablets per day.
- Dogs 11 – 16 lbs. receive three tablets per day.
- Dogs over 16 lbs. receive four tablets per day.
Read Also- Springtime Reviews
Boehringer Ingelheim provides an official website for Seraquin and is very forthcoming with tests backing its claims of popularity and palatability.
Remember, though, that it can only be purchased through a vet, and thus could potentially be harder to obtain and be more expensive than other products that can be found through sellers such as Amazon.
There are many canine joint supplements on the market, so always consider all of your options before purchasing.
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available informations and our estimation of efficacy.
*Result may vary. If you are pregnant, nursing, have a serious medical condition, or have a history of heart conditions we suggest consulting with a physician before using any supplement. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease and should not be relied upon as a medical advice. Always consult your doctor before using any supplements.
Disclosure of Material connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you can click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."