What Is Sportscreme?
Sportscreme is a topical formulation specifically for the temporary relief of minor pain caused by sore, aching muscles, stiffness and muscle strains. It is a greaseless and stainless formulation that comes in a fresh, clean scent.
It works immediately upon application soothing sore muscles without heat, aspirin or unpleasant odors. Some people also use the product for minor joint aches and stiffness although the product is not labeled for joint pain.
How Does It Rate?
- Hours of relief
- Long lasting and no odor
- Massage in before sports or exercise to help prevent stiffness from setting in.
- Apply to the affected area and massage until thoroughly absorbed; do not use more than 4 times daily
- Trolamine Salicylate
- The active ingredient of Sportscreme is backed by clinical testing.
- The topical pain relief product is very affordable.
- It doesn’t have an unpleasant odor unlike other topical pain relievers.
- There are some good feedbacks from people who have tried it.
- There is limited evidence that the active ingredient is really effective.
- It is only proven to reduce muscle soreness and is not for joint pain.
- The product doesn’t come with money back guarantee.
- The formula can cause skin irritation.
- There are many feedbacks saying it is not effective for moderate to severe pain.
- Some people may be allergic to certain ingredients of Sportscreme.
How Does It Work?
The joint pain medicine contains an active ingredient that contains salicylic acid which has an analgesic effect. The odorless formulation is said to deliver the active ingredient by penetrating the skin into underlying tissue where it works to reduce soreness of the muscles.
However, there is still just limited evidence that it actually does so and delivers muscle pain relief. For joint pain, it is still a mystery how the product and its active ingredients work since there is no clinical evidence that it really relieves joint pain. Take note that the product is not labelled for joint pain of any kind.
Sportscreme Ingredients – Are they Safe & Effective?
The only active ingredient in Sportscreme is trolamine salicylate which is commonly found in many topical pain relievers. It is mostly effective for muscle soreness but some users say it also works for mild joint aches.
In a recent test conducted by researchers at the Mount Sinai Medical Center in Miami, trolamine salicylate has been shown to reduce muscle soreness and at the same time enhance the body’s healing process so the muscle soreness disappears quicker. However, there is no evidence that the active ingredient reduces joint pain.
– Tt is a pain reliever. It is used to treat pain in muscles or joints. This medicine may be used for other purposes; ask your healthcare provider or pharmacist if you have questions.
Q : What is directions for Use?
A : Apply generously to the affected area. Massage gently until the formula is completely absorbed by the skin. Repeat application if needed but do not exceed 4 applications in a 24-hour period.
Q :What does Sportscreme do?
A : It Relieves minor pain in your muscles and joints. It works by decreasing inflammation. It belongs to a group of medications called salicylates.
Q : How long does it take arthritis cream to work?
A : It might take up to two weeks to feel relief.
Sportscreme Review – Final Verdict
After carefully examining Sportscreme, it is just an average topical pain relief formulation. It is formulated for muscle pain but only works on mild and some cases of moderate muscle pain. This product doesn’t work for joint pain and it is actually not labeled for such purpose.
It is only worth trying if you’re looking for something to relieve your minor muscle pain. However, for moderate to severe muscle pain and any kind of joint pain, it would be better to look for another topical joint pain relief product.
Bones are connected by joints, which allow us to move with ease. Joint damage can cause pain preventing you from doing the things you once loved. Topical joint relief products tend to work more quickly, helping to relieve pain directly in the affected area compared to products taken orally. A topical joint pain relief product should be evaluated on its: potential to block the transportation of pain signals, potential to act as a counterirritant to reduce soreness and Quality of Ingredients* backed by clinical research.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective topical joint pain products on the market today, in our opinion.