Salonpas Arthritis Pain Patch overview
Salonpas Arthritis Pain Patch: A Simple and Effective Approach to Joint Pain. As people age, joint tissues suffer from damage due to everyday friction, trauma, and stress.
When joints and cartilages are damaged, it can result in pain, stiffness, and inflammation.
While there are many analgesic medications available in the market, not all people are fond of taking medicines orally especially if they have harmful side effects.
While there are also topical ointments, some don’t want the hassle of applying the product and massaging the affected area afterward.
Salonpas offers a topical pain relief that conveniently comes in the form of patch thus pain relief is now easier and more effective.
What is Salonpas Arthritis Pain Patch?
Salonpas Arthritis Pain Patch is actually the first and only FDA-approved topical pain relief patch that can be purchased over-the-counter.
Table of Contents [Show]
It contains the menthol and methyl salicylate combination for temporary relief of mild to moderate joint and muscle pains. This product is very convenient and easy to use.
It is actually perfect for people on the go who does not want the hassle of the constant cream application when needed. With Salonpas, one patch can provide pain relief for up to 12 hours.
Since it is a topical product, the ingredients are absorbed directly into the affected site thus providing effective and targeted pain relief.
What Does it claim to do?
Salonpas Arthritis Pain Patch contains menthol and methyl salicylate which are both considered as counterirritants.
Once the patch is applied, the ingredients cause the skin to feel cool sensation and then warmth.
These sensations are sent to the brain to serve as distractions from the joint and muscle pain.
Menthol also has an analgesic effect because when applied through the skin, it attaches to kappa opioid receptors thus causing a numbing effect on the affected site.
It also contributes to the reduction of inflammation since it causes vasodilation which enhances lymphatic flow on the area.
Through these mechanisms, Salonpas Arthritis Pain Patch can provide the following benefits:
- Reduces joint pain for up to 12 hours
- Reduces joint stiffness
- Reduces joint and muscle soreness
- Helps improve joint flexibility
- Helps reduce joint inflammation
Salonpas Arthritis Pain Patch Ingredients – Are they Safe & Effective?
The active ingredients contained in Salonpas Arthritis Pain Patch are the following:
- Menthol 3% – According to PubMed, this ingredient is a natural analgesic thus when applied over the skin, menthol receptors attache to kappa opioid receptors which produce a numbing effect. Menthol also causes vasodilation which improves blood and lymphatic blood flow thus it can also help in reducing joint inflammation. Another mechanism of menthol is by stimulating thermoreceptors in the skin which send signals to the brain to divert the focus away from the pain and towards the initial cooling sensation and to warmth afterward.
- Methyl salicylate 10% – This ingredient contains salicylate, a component that is also contained in aspirin, thus it also has analgesic and anti-inflammatory benefits. According to WebMD, Methyl salicylate is commonly partnered with menthol to synergistically reduce joint pain and inflammation.
What are the Advantages of Salonpas Arthritis Pain Patch?
Consumers who have used Salonpas Arthritis Pain Patch Salonpas Arthritis Pain Patch the following benefits:
- Effective relief from joint and muscle pain which they did not experience from other topical products.
- Longer lasting pain relief.
- Salonpas Arthritis Pain Patch is easy to apply and very handy.
- Helps reduce joint stiffness and soreness.
Tavala Trim Alternatives
Salonpas Arthritis Pain Patch Questions and Answers
Q: What is the Recommended Dosage of Salonpas Arthritis Pain Patch?
A: Apply Salonpas Arthritis Pain Patch into the affected area and leave for 8-12 hours. Use only one patch at a time. Do not use more than 2 patches in a day. It is also not advisable to use the product for more than 3 days.
Q: Does Salonpas Arthritis Pain Patch Really Work?
A: Salonpas Arthritis Pain Patch is really an excellent product. It effectively provides relief from joint and muscle pain. Being approved by the FDA ensures that the product is safe and effective for use.
Various research and clinical trials also validated the effectiveness of Salonpas for providing relief from mild to moderate pain and discomfort.
Q: What Kind of Reviews are Out there for Salonpas Arthritis Pain Patch?
A: Consumers who have used Salonpas Arthritis Pain Patch were very happy with the product’s performance since it provided them with effective and long-lasting pain relief.
It reduced knee pain, muscle strain, backache, shoulder pain, and other joint problems. However, consumers were commenting on the strong menthol scent of the product thus making it very noticeable that they are wearing a patch.
Salonpas Arthritis Pain Patch Review – Final Verdict
Salonpas Arthritis Pain Patch is an excellent product of choice for joint pain for simple and obvious reasons:
- It is FDA approved.
- It is safe.
- It is easy to use.
- It is effective.
- And it provides long lasting pain relief.
Bones are connected by joints, which allow us to move with ease. Joint damage can cause pain preventing you from doing the things you once loved. Topical joint relief products tend to work more quickly, helping to relieve pain directly in the affected area compared to products taken orally. A topical joint pain relief product should be evaluated on its: potential to block the transportation of pain signals, potential to act as a counterirritant to reduce soreness, potential to act as a counterirritant to reduce soreness and Quality of Ingredients* backed by clinical research.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective topical joint pain products on the market today, in our opinion.