What Is Thorne Research Meta Balance?
Thorne Meta Balance is a product of Thorne Research, a leading brand in natural health products. Thorne Meta Balance is a supplement made to help women manage their hormonal changes during menopause in a safe and natural way. It helps improve a woman’s mood and physical well-being during this reproductive transition. Thorne Research recommends that this product be paired with another menopausal supplement which is Meta-Fem.
How Does It Rate?
- This menopause supplement is manufactured by Thorne Research, an American company.
- They believe that personalized scientific care can extend one’s life and help you live a happier, healthier life.
- Thorne Research claims to be committed to producing environmentally friendly products.
- Furthermore, the company claims that their products are made with high-quality ingredients that do not obstruct absorption.
- Chaste Tree Extract (fruit)
- Black Cohosh Extract (root)
- Wild Yam (root)
- Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone
- Made from natural ingredients
- Made by a trusted brand
- Backed by research
- Could help in alleviating hot flushes.
- A quality product
- May help in managing menopause & its symptoms
- May not bring the same results for all women
- Has limited consumer reviews regarding the product
- Product is not intended to cure or treat any disease
How Does It Work?
Thorne Meta Balance contains ingredients harvested from natural sources that which, if taken into the body, can have a positive effect on its hormones. This product was formulated through years of careful research and selection of ingredients. Reviews made by users regarding this product state that it is indeed effective.
Designed to combat the negative effects of menopause so that a woman can age gracefully and healthily, Thorne Meta Balance works by regulating the hormones of the body through its active ingredients, thereby decreasing negative symptoms such as hot flashes, irritability, etc.
Thorne Meta Balance has ingredients that specifically correct the imbalance of two of the most important hormones pertaining to a woman’s reproductive health – estrogen and progesterone. One of its active ingredients which are Black Cohosh mimics the hormone estrogen in order to alleviate the symptoms of menopause.
Another of its ingredients is Chaste Tree Extract (also referred to as Vitex), helps activate the production of progesterone, another hormone that decreases during menopause.
Thorne Research Meta Balance Ingredients – Are they Safe & Effective?
Chaste Tree Extract (fruit)
– Extracts of chaste tree fruits (Vitex agnus castus = AC) are widely used to treat menopausal symptoms. Double-blind placebo-controlled studies show that an AC extract can help with one of the most common premenstrual symptoms, premenstrual mastodynia (mastalgia).
Black Cohosh Extract (root)
– Black cohosh is currently marketed as a dietary supplement for hot flashes and other menopausal symptoms. It’s also been promoted for treating other conditions, such as menstrual cramps and premenstrual syndrome, as well as inducing labor.
Wild Yam (root)
– Wild yam root is commonly sold as a skin cream, but it is also available as a supplement. It has traditionally been used to treat hormonal conditions like menopause and PMS, as well as arthritis symptoms.
Q: Is Thorne Meta Balance Safe?
A: Thorne Meta Balance is generally safe to use. It is made from natural ingredients and thus it’s free of harmful artificial chemicals. However, it doesn’t necessarily mean that if this product is natural, it can be taken by anyone.
Pregnant women, of course, are not allowed to take this supplement because first, it is not indicated for them and second, the product may interfere with a woman’s normal pregnancy process (since it involves altering one’s hormonal levels). Women who have an allergy with one of its components are also discouraged to take the product. On the other hand, as to date, there are no published or known warnings adverse events or reactions related to the use of this product.
Q: Is Thorne Meta Balance Effective?
A: As of the moment, there is limited information on the web regarding the effectiveness of this product. However, sporadic comments from users across selling sites state that this product is effective in helping one manage mood swings.
Q: Any precautions to take while using this product?
- Do not take the supplement if you have any history of hypersensitivity to one of its components
- This supplement is not indicated for pregnant or nursing mothers
Thorne Research Meta Balance Review – Final Verdict
Backed by years of research and a good track record on the market, Thorne Meta Balance is a quality supplement for women who are undergoing menopause.
However, any menopausal woman who wishes to use it must first consult a physician, most especially if she is presently taking a different kind of medication to avoid drug-to-drug interactions that may eventually cause negative effects.
Although Thorne Meta Balance is helpful in alleviating menopausal symptoms, it is not intended to fully replace the role of medications.
For symptoms that are far too serious to be considered a normal cause of menopause, it is wise to consult a physician.
There are many menopause supplements available on the market, such as Lydia Pinkham Herbal Tablet Supplement that give similar benefits at this price range.
Fortunately, natural therapies for menopausal symptoms such as weight gain, hot flashes, night sweats, decreased libido, and mood swings are available. Since many women experience weight gain during menopause, many natural menopause supplements contain herbs and botanicals that support a healthy metabolism. Menopause supplements should be evaluated on proven ingredients, ability to reduce hot flashes and night sweats, ability to provide hormonal balance and boost libido and its overall value.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective menopause supplements on the market today, in our opinion.
Verdict on Claimed Benefits: Below is our summary of the available evidence for the claimed benefits of below mentioned menopause supplements and vitamins based on the available research: