What is Tiger Balm?
Tiger Balm is a natural topical pain reliever ointment made from herbal ingredients. Tiger Balm is produced and marketed by Haw Par Healthcare, a Singapore based company.
The manufacturer claims that the ingredients used to make this topical relief cream are on a “secret” herbal formula that dates back to ancient Chinese emperors (18th century).
According to modern research, Topical medications have proven to be a very effective treatment option, for persons who can’t take oral medications for one reason or another.
Tiger Balm has been regarded as the best topical joint pain relief product since it helps to relieve the pain caused by aching backs, joint pain caused by arthritis, pain resulting from muscle stiffness and strains.
Some customers also claimed that Tiger Balm relieved headaches, sinus congestion, and discomfort from mosquito bites.
Who is the Manufacturer of Tiger Balm?
Tiger Balm is produced and marketed by Haw Par Healthcare, a Singapore based company. It is available in over 70 countries worldwide.
Tiger Balm Ingredients – Are they Safe & Effective?
The manufacturer claimed that the ingredients used to make this topical relief cream are on a “secret” herbal formula that dates back to ancient Chinese emperors (18th century). We found out that the active ingredients in the topical cream are;
- Camphor – Camphor is used as a treatment for rheumatism and other inflammatory conditions.
It has been used traditionally to produce a soothing, warm sensation that helps to counter the pain. Camphor is believed to increase* blood circulation to the tissues, thereby speeding up the healing process.
- Cajuput oil – Cajuput has antiseptic properties. It has been used since time immemorial to relieve the discomfort resulting to rheumatism, sore ligaments, pulled muscles, bruises, sprains, muscle tension, low back pain, sciatica and slipped disk.
- Clove oil – Clove oil is believed to have strong disinfecting properties. It works by warming the skin and thereby reducing* skin swelling. It is used in Tiger Balm due to its aesthetic qualities. It also has insect repelling properties.
- Menthol – Menthol is a natural extract of peppermint oil or other mint oils. It has been popularly used as a pain reliever for rheumatism and arthritis due to its local anesthetic and counterirritant qualities.
How Does Tiger Balm Work?
Tiger is a topical relief cream that is applied directly to the area experiencing pain. The unique blend of herbal ingredients is quickly absorbed into the body to produce a warm, rubbing sensation that relieves pain and swollen muscles.
What are the Advantages of Tiger Balm?
- It sells over 20 million jars each year to destinations in over 70 countries.
- Made from natural and potent ingredients thus making it the best joint formula.
- Topical medication may give quick action on paining area
- It may give relief from Muscle and Joint Pain
- Has a favorable reputation and customer feedback
What are the Disadvantages of Tiger Balm?
- Cause irritation to some skin types
- Lots of counterfeits are available
How Much is Tiger Balm?
The price varies from retailer to retailer. Tiger Balm also comes in different types. There is an option for analgesic balms, ointments and liniments and this also affects the pricing. Nevertheless, the pricing ranges from $18-$45 on average. This price may be affected by local exchange rates.
How Should You Use Tiger Balm?
For optimal results, simply apply liberally and gently on the affected area. Slowly massage and palpate the area until it is completely absorbed.
Repeat this process 3 to 4 times a day as necessary. NB: For children less than 12 years old, consult your caregiver a doctor before use. Sportsmen and women are advised to use before or after exercise to help soothe aching muscles, muscle strain and stiffness
Tiger Balm Review – Final Verdict
Tiger Balm can be purchased over-the-counter or readily on the internet. Since this is a fast acting topical joint pain relief, it will be very useful for anyone suffering from joint pains and muscle soreness caused by arthritis. Highly recommended.
Bones are connected by joints, which allow us to move with ease. Joint damage can cause pain preventing you from doing the things you once loved. Many conditions lead to joint pain from aging to an untreated sports injury. A quality joint product may help repair existing tissue damage and also promote stronger joints, less susceptible to future degeneration.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective joint pain supplements on the market today, in our opinion.
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available informations and our estimation of efficacy.
*Result may vary. If you are pregnant, nursing, have a serious medical condition, or have a history of heart conditions we suggest consulting with a physician before using any supplement. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease and should not be relied upon as a medical advice. Always consult your doctor before using any supplements.
Disclosure of Material connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you can click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."