L’Oreal Eye Defense Overview
L’Oreal Eye Defense is an eye cream created by the long established and well known L’Oreal Paris beauty company. It has been formulated to protect the thin, delicate skin around the eye from the effects of aging.
L’Oreal Eye Defense claims to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while lightening dark circles and diminishing puffiness. It has been developed to be a light gel/cream hybrid that is safe for all skin types.
L’Oreal Eye Defense Product Details
The L’Oreal Paris product page does not offer much in the way of specifics about their Eye Defense product. However, since they are a major multinational company with an excellent record and name, there are a few givens, namely that the product has been formulated by experts and tested rigorously for safety.
Eye Defense seems to be based on the ability of liposomes to deeply penetrate the skin in order to deliver the hydrating and nurturing ingredients in the cream. More information, including the full ingredient list, can be found on drugstore.com, which seems to be official online store for L’Oreal at this time, all attempts to purchase are redirected there.
The ingredients include Jojoba oil and Glycerin for hydration, caffeine to stimulate circulation, Sodium Hyaluronate to plump the skin, and Mica for light diffusion. However, these effects are not explained on either website. There are a few artificial colors and synthetic ingredients that may irritate those with especially sensitive skin.
The L’Oreal Paris website allows you to sign in as a member to receive free samples and special discounts, which may be a good way to become more familiar with their products if you are not already.
The product page on drugstore.com includes seemingly real customer reviews, which vary from very positive to a few negative. At $13.49 for a .5oz jar, it is certainly on the inexpensive end of the eye cream market. Both websites are secure and run by well established companies, however they do not offer money back guarantees.
Strengths Of L’Oreal Eye Defense
- Produced by a well-known company that has been in the beauty business for a long time
- Being a large international company, L’Oreal has more scrutiny and standards to meet, meaning products are definitely developed in legitimate laboratories and are safety tested
- Can sign up on the website to receive beauty tips, free samples and special offers
- Widely available at supermarkets, drugstores, and for secure purchase online through drugstore.com
- Comparatively Inexpensive
- Contains one ingredient that has shown promise in wrinkle reduction in laboratory tests (Sodium Hyaluronate)
Weaknesses Of L’Oreal Eye Defense
- There is not a lot of information on the science behind the product or a detailed explanation of the ingredients and how they work
- No clinical studies are listed to provide evidence of claims that the product is a decent Plexaderm alternative.
- Does not contain ingredients that have been proven to help with dark circles
- No refund policy
L’Oreal Eye Defense The Bottom Line
It seems that such an enormous company like L’Oreal does not have the time or space to fully devote itself to completely explaining each of its hundreds of products.
It would be nice to have more information about their Eye Defense cream. Certainly, you can assume some things from their prominent and long-standing work in the beauty field, which immediately gives them less to prove than some of the other anti-aging products on the market.
However, the information given does not prove that this product is especially potent or effective in achieving what it claims. But, the price is low and the product readily available, so it is not a big risk.
The most common eye area issues are puffiness, dark circles, wrinkles and crow’s feet, and loss of hydration. There are countless eye creams available on the market today, making it seem nearly impossible to find the “right one” that meets our specific under eye needs. It is imperative to find a product that has been formulated to address a variety of complex eye area problems.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.