Aging is an unavoidable part of everyone’s lives. It is the process filled with different changes. Some of those changes are visible, others are not but we surely are conscious about their existence. So, we are here to discuss these visible ones. What visible aging signs can you think of? Surely most of you thought of dark spots and wrinkles on your skin, especially around your eyes. These changes can often cause us to feel self-conscious about our appearance. So, we look and look for the perfect product that will help us at least decrease these wrinkles and dark spots if not remove them completely. How many different products have you tried until now? And how many of those products proved to be successful as promised? We can guess that not many. This is exactly why we are here to discuss the use of this kind of products, or at least one of them – the famous eye cream! Find out what it really is, what it should really contain in order to decrease the visible wrinkles and dark spots and more!
What Causes Wrinkles and Dark Circles Under Our Eyes to Appear?
The area around your eyes is among the first skin areas that are affected by the appearance of wrinkles and dark circles. You may not know, but the wrinkles start to occur as a result of our skin becoming thinner, less elastic and drier. Another factor such as smoking, excessive sun exposer of unprotected skin, and dehydration can also speed up the appearance of wrinkles. And what about the appearance of dark circles under our eyes? Everyone has experienced the appearance of dark circles under their eyes as a result of a night or two spent with little sleep, but what causes their appearance as we get older? Dark circles appear as a result of oxygenated blood, which you probably know – is with blue or darker color because of the presence of high levels of oxygen, being gathered up under our eyes. This is a normal process that as we get older occurs because of the same reasons as before – e.g. tiredness. However, now that our skin is thinner, which we mentioned before, the dark circles are more visible.
Why Should You Use Eye Cream?
Using a proper eye cream will help you reduce or even remove the visible wrinkles, dark spots and dark circles under and around your eyes. Not only that, but the eye cream will help your skin get stronger and hydrate it helping it to get glowing and healthy-looking at the same time. But in order to get these effects, you need to make sure that you have found the right eye cream for your skin type that contains all the listed ingredients in the following. Remember – eye cream is not just a small amount of regular lotion in a smaller bottle – a proper eye cream contains special ingredients that our skin around the eyes requires!
What Ingredients Should You Look when Buying an Eye Cream?
What your eye cream should contain is a combination of strong antioxidants and skin-repairing ingredients. In the following, we will share some of the most efficient ingredients that you should look for when buying your new eye cream.
1. Hyaluronic Acid – this is one very important ingredient that you should not forget about if you are interested in hydrating your skin and decreasing the visible wrinkles. A study investigating the effects of Hyaluronic acid towards wrinkles and other aging changes on our skin showed that regular use of skin products that contained Hyaluronic acid showed that there were positive results in the form of reduced appearance of the visible wrinkles!
2. Ceramides – the Hyaluronic acid will take care of hydrating your skin, but the truth is that your skin will need a little help mainlining that hydration. This is where the ceramides come into the act! Make sure that you get yourself a powerful eye cream with Hyaluronic acid and ceramides to get the full effect!
3. Retinol – will help your skin get stronger by increasing the collagen production and it will also help you get rid of any dark circles and dark spots present, as it will reduce any completion imperfections present! However, anyone who is allergic to retinoic acid should not use any skin products whatsoever that contain any traces of retinol.
4. Neuropeptides – in case you are allergic or cannot tolerate retinol/retinoic acid, the neuropeptides is an ingredient that you can search for as well. This ingredient is also recommended for those of you who are dealing with super sensitive skin type. The neuropeptides have the same role as retinol – to increase the collagen production and improve the elasticity of the skin, which is why it can be used as its replacement.
5. Vitamin C – will help the Retinol in its mission to increase the collagen production as well as improve your skin’s elasticity. You can also contribute to this process by increasing your dietary intakes of Vitamin C, which has been shown to be a successful anti-aging strategy among middle-aged women in a study performed by American Society for Clinical Nutrition.
6. Vitamin E – And while Vitamin C will help your skin get stronger and more elastic, Vitamin E will soothe and protect your skin against any further damage!
Taking care of our skin is a vital part of our life, knowing the fact that our skin is our largest organ. Our skin requires our attention at all times, being nurtured. Our body is changing constantly and with each minute is growing old. However, these changes are not so visible until we hit the middle years of our life when the wrinkles and the dark circles under our eyes start showing off. It is only natural for us to want to get rid of any signs of aging. And how can we do that? By using quality skin care products, especially a proper eye cream since the eye area is among the first areas of our face where the wrinkles start to occur. Which is why we explained why it is important to choose the right eye cream with the required ingredients and what is the role of the eye cream in the first place so that you can understand the importance of this process of taking the time to choose the right eye cream!