What is Grizzly Joint Aid?
Grizzly Joint Aid is a product of Grizzly Pet Products, a pet supplement company in the American Northwest that specializes in salmon-based products.
Grizzly Joint Aid is meant as a supplement to your pet’s diet to help support healthy joints, which may require some nutritional support that even a normal healthy diet can’t provide.
Grizzly sells its products through many retail channels, so you can shop around to find the best price in your own area.
How Does It Work?
Grizzly Pet Products states that their formula contains four powerful joint ingredients, plus krill oil, to support your dog’s natural health processes in the joint department.
The supplement comes in the form of small pellets which you can easily add to your pet’s regular food or feed separately. (Just be sure they eat it all!)
Since Grizzly makes use of natural salmon oil, they are confident that your pet will be happy to snap up the supplement.
Grizzly Joint Aid Ingredients – Are they Safe & Effective?
Grizzly Pet Products provides a full list of the active and inactive ingredients in Grizzly Joint Aid, which include a salmon meal, rice bran and pollock oil in addition to the active ingredients, that are:
- Krill oil: A fish oil pressed from a small animal in the Antarctic, used to help absorption
- Hyaluronic acid: Joint lubricant and metabolic assistant
- Glucosamine: A precursor to healthy tissues and cartilage
- Chondroitin: Another cartilage molecule
- MSM: A molecular sulfur source to support immune and joint function as well as the generation of new cells
What are the Advantages of Grizzly Joint Aid?
- No known side effects.
- Salmon flavor should be highly attractive to your dog
- Sourced from natural ingredients and made in the USA (Alaska, Washington)
- Safe for dogs which are pregnant, nursing, or recovering from an illness.
What are the Disadvantages of Grizzly Joint Aid?
- No scientific research is cited regarding the product’s ingredients
- Includes shellfish and fish compounds, which may be allergenic for some dogs
- Not confirmed safe for dogs with some chronic disorders
What Users are Saying?
Was a great product until new owners WATERED down the formula. — I have been using the ‘calming’ CBD formula for two years. I felt that it was a good value and used it to help my cats relax on trips to the vet, and for my one cat who has cancer. Recently, I purchased a new pump bottle and noticed that the color was lighter and it was so thin that the liquid shot out and splattered like water.
Looking at the label I noticed that the formula has been changed to include WATER and Xanthin gum, which are useless fillers. I returned the bottle to my local pet food store with my observations. The store owner said that the company was sold to the original maker could retire. BTW the price has not changed to reflect the lower value of the product and now you can buy a bottle of water for roughly $40.00 I would not support any products made by the swindlers who took over a once-respected brand. The photo shown here is of the original formula. ~ by Tim
Q: What is the dosage instruction of this product?
A: The serving size is based on a pre-measured scoop included in every container of the supplement. If you lose that scoop, it holds about 1/3rd of an ounce or 10 grams.
- For a dog under 30 pounds, feed one-half scoop per day.
- For a dog between 30 and 60 pounds, one scoop per day.
- For a dog between 60 and 90 pounds, one and a half scoops per day.
- For a dog over ninety pounds, two scoops per day.
Q: What are the similar products to Grizzly Joint Aid?
Q: Does this product come in other forms?
A: Yes. The makers produce the same blend of ingredients in the same quantities in several different sizes of mini-pellet containers, as well as a liquid salmon oil with a pre-measured pump. They encourage you to use whichever works best for your pet.
Q: Does this product contain any allergens?
A: It includes shellfish, fish (salmon and pollock), pork cartilage, and rice among the ingredients. If your dog is sensitive to these ingredients, it may not be the best pick.
Grizzly Joint Aid Review – Final Verdict
Grizzly Joint Aid comes in a range of sizes and includes some widely-used joint support ingredients, as well as being naturally sourced and made in America.
However, there is no research cited to back up their claims of providing support to healthy joints in pets, and while the maker seems reputable, the product isn’t proven.
There are many pet supplements on the market today, so be sure to shop around before you make your final choice.