What is Holigos IBS?
Holigos IBS is a powder supplement which, when combined with food or liquids, may help manage stomach pain, bloating, constipation, and diarrhea.
The manufacturer of Holigos claims this product contains microbiome nutrients natural to the body, which may regulate bowel movements, reduce bloating and stomach pain, and improve energy and mood.
The product can be mixed with yogurt, oatmeal, smoothies or water.
Who is the Manufacturer of Holigos IBS?
Holigos is managed by the international company Glycom Inc., a Danish biotechnology company that develops Human Milk Oligosaccharides for different health applications.
Table of Contents [Show]
The headquarters is in Horsholm, Demark, and according to its website Glycom is owned by the founders of Nestle, Danica, and various individual investors. This Human-Natural Oligosaccharide Blend can be found in Holigos.
In addition to Holigos IBS, Glycom Inc. also manufactures Holigos Digestive Health, a dietary supplement that the company claims deals with the same issues of constipation, diarrhea, stomach pain, and bloating.
How Does Holigos IBS Work?
Those who suffer from Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) may have uncontrollable abdominal pain and diarrhea because they have an unfavorable balance of bacteria in the gut.
Holigos IBS claims to have Human-Natural Oligosaccharides (HNOs) that selectively feed on the good bacteria to possibly allow them to grow, flourish, and limit the impact of the bad bacteria and IBS symptoms.
This product may also strengthen the intestinal barrier to keep out bad bacteria, allergens, and toxins, so that the good bacteria in the digestive system then strengthens the walls of the intestines.
Finally, this product may then balance the user’s immune system, as an unbalanced immune system may cause IBS symptoms.
Holigos IBS Ingredients – Are they Safe & Effective?
This product contains traces of milk (lactose) and a proprietary Human-Natural Oligosaccharide Blend, which contains the following:
- Fucosyllactose – One of the most abundant oligosaccharides in human milk, it may promote bifidobacterial growth and inhibit pathogenic microbial binding in the gut.
- Lacto-N-neote-traose – A naturally occurring tetra-saccharide that has been found to increase the growth of beneficial gut microbiota, such as Bifidobacteria and Lactobacilli.
What are the Advantages of Holigos IBS?
- This product may reduce constipation and diarrhea.
- The company claims Holigos IBS may reduce bloating and stomach pain associated with IBS.
- This product may increase the energy and mood in users.
- The company claims that this product is free of gluten, active yeast, mushrooms, artificial dyes, flavor, sugar, and soy.
- Although Holigos contains a very small amount of lactose, the manufacturer claims this product is suitable for those who are lactose intolerant.
What are the Disadvantages of Holigos IBS?
- The company warns that a possible temporary side effect of using Holigos IBS is stomach rumbling and increased gas.
- This product needs to be taken regularly for full effects.
- It is a powder that needs to be added to food or liquid, which may not be as convenient as an oral supplement for some users.
- This product is not intended for children under 12.
How Should You take Holigos IBS?
Adults and children age 12 and older should dissolve one stick pack per day in at least two ounces of liquid or food such as yogurt or oatmeal.
How Much Does Holigos IBS Cost?
A 28-day box of Holigos IBS costs $49.99 plus tax (shipping is free) or individuals can subscribe and save 15%, for a total of $42.49 plus tax.
What is Holigos IBS’s Return Policy?
There is no specific return policy for the product but the website states that the consumer can contact them via email if they’re not satisfied.
Does Holigos IBS Offer a Free Trial?
A free trial of Holigos IBS was not found on the official website.
Holigos IBS Review – Final Verdict
This manufacturer makes many claims that Holigos IBS may help with symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome, including possibly reducing constipation, diarrhea and bloating. The company also claims this product may lessen stomach pain associated with IBS and give the user more energy and a better mood overall.
It is said that the benefits are gained using a three-step process: improving the user’s microbiome, strengthening the intestinal barrier, and balancing the immune system, which could result in a healthy gut.
There are numerous types of over-the-counter supplements that claim to help with IBS symptoms, in powder, pill, and liquid form. Those suffering from IBS should talk to their doctor, do some research and review the ingredients listed before settling on a product.
All of the cells and tissues in your body and your major organ of detoxification, the liver rely upon your colon. The colon processes waste and bacteria preparing it for elimination from the body. Colon cleanse products should be determined based on its: potential to clean the colon of harmful waste & toxins, potential to promote better digestion & increase elimination, potential to promote improved immune system function, potential to provide increased energy levels. The quality of the ingredients should be backed by clinical research.
Below you'll find some of the most effective colon cleanse supplements on the market today, in our opinion.