Slim Optimum Overview
Slim Optimum is a weight loss supplement that has entered the online market around the year 2012. Ever since, a number a complaints have been mounted against the product. Meanwhile, it is still for sale on the internet and the manufacturer claims it helps promote weight loss and boosts the immune system.
In this article we propose to have a closer look at the product and have a better picture with respect to what really went into its formulation so that you can make an informed decision in case you have an interest in it.
The official website offering Slim Optimum does look great but when it comes to providing information related to its manufacturer, that is a different story altogether. On the contact page the manufacturer has been referred to as “Slim Optimum”. There is no physical address provided except a mailing address where disappointed users can return the package they bought.
All this suggests that we are dealing with an elusive company that prefers to stay away from customers to avoid trouble. In fact when we searched online for the product Slim Optimum, we did bump into a number of complaints that users deposited on certain forums and websites. We will get into that later on. Just keep reading the review.
What are the Key ingredients in Slim Optimum?
There are 6 key ingredients used in the formulation of Slim Optimum. Let’s have a look at each.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: The ingredient contains acetic acid which is believed to regulate the expression of a gene that influences the body with respect to how it oxidizes fat. Proponents of this ingredient claim it suppresses the accumulation of fat in the body.
- Caffeine: This is a popular ingredient found in many weight loss supplement for the simple reason that it increases thermogenesis. Most people know caffeine to boost mental alertness and keep people active while improving focus. The manufacturer of Slim Optimum hopes it can also help people burn more fat by keeping their metabolism high.
- Green Tea (EGCG): Green Tea contains catechins which have been identified in recent studies to also play a role in boosting metabolism and by extension help lose weight. Green tea also contains polyphenols which are compounds known to protect the body from free radicals that accelerate aging.
- HCA (Hydroxycitric Acid): Extracted from the fruit garcinia cambogia, this compound is believed to play a role in the control of appetite and reduction of fat.
- Grapefruit: Provides the body with all the vitamins and nutrients needed to carry out the day.
- Kelp: It contains a fibrous material known to alter the absorption of fat in the colon. Unfortunately the proportion of the ingredients used was not provided. The reason being that it is a proprietary blend.
How Does it Work?
Slim Optimum is a weight loss supplement made of a number of appetite suppressants, metabolism boosters and fat metabolism modulators. It works by increasing the user’s body temperature, boosting his metabolism and giving him more control over his appetite. This is what is expected to result in a loss in weight.
- Made of natural ingredients
- Contains appetite suppressants
- Contains metabolism boosters
- The price of the supplement is too high
- The manufacturing company is an elusive one
- There is no conclusive evidence it really works
- Contains stimulants like caffeine that can potentially cause side effects
What Does Slim Optimum Claim to do?
Right on the supplement’s home page, the manufacturer claims that the product can promote not only weight loss but also improve the immune system and food digestion. They say, you should be able to up to 12 pounds in a month.
Slim Optimum Cost, Dosage and Directions to Use
A bottle of Slim Optimum containing 60 capsules goes for $79.95 on the official website. No information has been provided as to how often you should use the supplement. That said on the “Terms & Conditions” page, you will find out that once you provide your credit card information, it is going to be charged on monthly basis for the same product over and over again, until you cancel the subscription.
Side Effects of Slim Optimum
There is no report of any side effect resulting from the use of Slim Optimum. That said, you have to take note of the fact that it contains caffeine which can potentially cause insomnia, headaches anxiety and palpitations.
Slim Optimum Warnings!
This product is not for people that are on medication. It should not be used by pregnant women or those still nursing a child.
The term “Slim Optimum” may sound good but the reality is that it is a scam. Don’t bother to spend your money on it. There are better weight loss supplements out there that are not even that expensive. Focus on those
Below you'll find some of the most effective weight loss supplements on the market today, in our opinion.