What are Slim Mints?
Slim Mints are small strips that claim to stop sugar cravings, reduce snacking, and could manage one’s “sweet tooth” to possibly help the user lose weight.
The main ingredient in this product is Gymnema Sylvestre, a plant found in central and western India, tropical Africa, and Australia that has anti-diabetic properties.
According to an article in the Journal of Clinical Biochemistry and Nutrition, the acids found in Gymnema Sylvestre have an anti-diabetic, anti sweetener, and anti-inflammatory activities.
Table of Contents [Show]
The article also found that Gymnema Sylvestre has been found to be useful to fight obesity.
Who is the manufacturer of Slim Mints?
The manufacturer of Slim Mints is a company under the same name. It is unclear where the company is located, but its official Web site gives a direct email for customer support questions.
How do Slim Mints Work?
According to the manufacturer, Gymnema Sylvestre, and more specifically the use of gymnemic acid, essentially turns off sugar receptors by binding to one’s taste buds and stopping the user from enjoying the taste of sugar.
Gymnemic acid is from the Gymnema Sylvestre leaves and has been found to suppress sweetness. Once the leaves that contain the acids are chewed, things that have been sweetened with sucrose end up tasting like water. This is because the gymnemic acid obstructs the binding of a sweet substance to the sweet receptor.
The manufacturer claims that once the user consumes one strip of this product, sugar receptors are blocked and sugaring products end up not tasting like anything due to the use of gymnemic acid in the product. According to WebMD, it is known as the “destroyer of sugar“, Gymnema contains substances that decrease the absorption of sugar from the intestine. It may also increase the amount of insulin in the body.
Slim Mints Ingredients – Are they Safe & Effective?
This supplement contains a proprietary blend of ingredients, but it is unclear from the Web site what the specific ingredients include from the supplemental facts. Some ingredients that could be distinguished include:
- Gymnema Sylvestre extract – An extract from the Gymnema, a woody climbing shrub that is found in India and Africa. The leaves have been used to make medicine, while other uses of Gymnema include helping with diabetes and weight loss.
- Glycerin – A sugar alcohol that is found in baking and candy making for its faintly sweet taste.
- Polysorbate 80 – A surfactant and emulsifier that is found in personal care products and cleaners, as well as in food products and oral formulations.
What are the Advantages of Slim Mints?
- Slim Mints may help individuals with diabetes and already have to monitor their sugar intake by possibly helping them to not eat sugary snacks.
- Using this product along with a healthy diet of proteins, fats, and fiber may help reduce sugar spikes and support healthy blood sugar.
- Through the use of Gymnema Sylvestre extract, Slim Mints may reduce the risk of obesity in that it has been found that individuals who increase their sugar intake may gain more pounds than those who avoid sugary foods, drinks, and snacks.
- Slim Mints may help users avoid sugar crashes that occur when blood sugar levels spike.
What are the Disadvantages of Slim Mints?
- Gymnema may lower blood sugar levels in people with diabetes, and signs of low blood sugar should be monitored.
- Because Gymnema may affect blood sugar levels, it should not be used within two weeks of surgery in that it could interfere with blood sugar control before and during surgical procedures.
- It is difficult to ascertain all of the ingredients in Slim Mints or the amounts of each ingredient listed in the proprietary blend.
Q: How Should You take Slim Mints?
A: The manufacturer recommends placing a Slim Mint on your tongue and let it dissolve.
The product can be used after each meal or when the user has a sugar craving and can be used three to four times daily or more as needed.
Q: How Much Do Slim Mints Cost?
A: Slim Mints users can purchase a one-month supply for $69, a three-month supply for $139, and a six-month supply for $199.
Q: What is Slim Mints Return Policy?
A: The manufacturer states that they offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee, and will return the customer’s money if the customer is not satisfied after trying the product for 60 days.
Q: Does Slim Mints Offer a Free Trial?
A: A free trial was not found on the official Web site.
Slim Mints Review – Final Verdict
Studies have found many benefits to products that use Gymnema for controlling sugar cravings and losing weight.
Studies have shown that individuals who have used the gymnemic acids from the Gymnema plant have, indeed, controlled sugar cravings due to the acids making solutions that have been sweetened with sucrose taste like water.
However, it is unclear from the official Web site what ingredients are in the proprietary blend and the amounts of each ingredient. Customers should do their research on products containing Gymnema before purchasing a sugar-control product.
When it comes to diet supplements, one product definitely does not fit all. We polled experts to get their top picks—so you know that these products will really live up to their claims. Convinced yet? Good. Below you'll find some of the most effective weight loss supplement, diet pill, keto supplement and diet plan in their respective categories which are rated #1 on the market today, in our opinion.
*Results may vary based on individual user and are not guaranteed. Exercise and proper diet are necessary to achieve and maintain weight loss and muscle definition.