What is Icy Hot Lidocaine?
Icy Hot Lidocaine is a topical cream formulated claims to relieve pain in joints. The cream is suitable for use on the back, neck, and shoulders. It is also useful for elbow and knee joints. It is formulated to work on the foot, ankle, and leg joints, as well as hands and wrists.
Table of Contents [Show]
What is the Company behind Icy Hot Lidocaine?
Icy Hot Lidocaine is manufactured by Chattem, a Sanofi company. The company has its main office in Chattanooga, Tennessee. It was started in 1972 and has launched a series of topical pain relief products. One of these is the Icy Hot Lidocaine intended for use on aching joints.
The aim of introducing Icy Hot was to provide a leading pain relief topical cream for common joint aches. Ever since its inception, the product has been popular all over the world and continues to receive a significant following for its visible results.
How Does Icy Hot Lidocaine Work?
Icy Hot Lidocaine is formulated to help relieve pain from various joints on the body. It works by numbing pain caused by stress around pressure points and joints. The active ingredients of this product penetrate the nerves relieving pain and relaxing the aching joints.
The product is made to act quickly to relieve pain in areas under pressure. It comes in a non-greasy consistency, which makes it pretty easy to penetrate. Also, the non-greasy formula makes it easy to apply as much as needed for pain relief.
What are the Ingredients used in Icy Hot Lidocaine?
Icy Hot Lidocaine has several active ingredients that penetrate the skin to relieve pain in the joints. It has the following:
- Lidocaine HCL 4%: According to Drug Bank, Lidocaine is a popular ingredient for pain relief medication. It has a numbing property that makes it useful for relieving pain on aching joints. In Icy Hot, Lidocaine provides the numbing effect to helps relax the joints and reduce pain around the injured area.
- Menthol 1%: A study to determine the effect of menthol on aching joints revealed that it has a soothing effect on painful joints. A journal published by the Harvard Medical School showed the use of menthol for pain relief creams. Menthol has a cooling sensation that helps to relieve pain without interfering with the underlying cause of the pain.
What are the Pros or Icy Hot Lidocaine?
- Icy Hot Lidocaine may help to relieve pain in muscles and joints. It claims to relax painful areas creating a cooling effect that eliminates pain.
- The product can act quickly on injured or aching joints.
- Icy Hot Lidocaine may work deep in the joints and tissues to penetrate to the nerves and relieve pain.
- The product comes in a non-greasy consistency, which is not only easy to apply but also fast to penetrate.
- A little goes a long way in numbing pain. You only need a pea-size portion of Icy Hot Lidocaine to rub on the affected area.
- Icy Hot Lidocaine is available in a variety of stores.
What are the Cons of Icy Hot Lidocaine?
- Icy Hot Lidocaine has a strong menthol odor that could be irritating for some people
- The product might take a while to act on overly painful joints or parts.
Q: How Should You Use Icy Hot Lidocaine?
A: Icy Hot Lidocaine is intended for use on aching joints and muscles. You are required to apply a thin layer of the product every 6 to 8 hours. It is important to note that you should not exceed three applications in 24 hours.
After using this product, you should wash your hands with soap and water. This is to prevent the product from coming into contact with your eyes or mouth.
Q: How Much Does Icy Hot Lidocaine Cost?
A: The cost of Icy Hot Lidocaine varies from one store to the other. It costs $6.99 in Target, $6.98 in Walmart, and $9.49 in Walgreens. Also, the price varies with the tube size the product comes in.
Q: What is Icy Hot Lidocaine’s Return Policy?
A: The manufacturer does not indicate any return policy regarding the product. It is not clear whether or not stores selling this product offer a return policy. It is, therefore, essential to check with the retailer for information about returns and refunds.
Q: Does Icy Hot Lidocaine offer a Free Trial?
A: The official site of this product does not state a free trial related to this product.
Icy Hot Lidocaine Review – The Conclusion
Icy Hot Lidocaine is a popular joint pain relief cream. It has been in existence for some time now, and people have received it positively. However, like any other product, the results vary from one person to another. According to previous customers, this cream is a viable option for those looking for a pain relief cream.
It is, however, essential to check with your doctor about the suitability of this product. That way, you ensure it is not only safe but effective for specific issues.
Bones are connected by joints, which allow us to move with ease. Joint damage can cause pain preventing you from doing the things you once loved. Topical joint relief products tend to work more quickly, helping to relieve pain directly in the affected area compared to products taken orally. A topical joint pain relief product should be evaluated on its: potential to block the transportation of pain signals, potential to act as a counterirritant to reduce soreness and Quality of Ingredients* backed by clinical research.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective topical joint pain products on the market today, in our opinion.