Aleve PM is a sleep aid meant for people who are losing sleep due to aches and pains. It is manufactured by Bayer and is sold in bottles of 20, 40, 80, and 160.
The product is sold in various well-known pharmacies and big box stores. A bottle of 20 count starts at an average cost of $4.88 though prices may vary depending on vendor and location.
The manufacturer does not mention a return on exchange policy on its website, and customers must ask vendors for this information.
How Does It Rate?
- Aleve PM helps you fall asleep and wake refreshed and feeling relieved from pain into the morning.
- Two Aleve PM caplets help you fall asleep fast and stay asleep when in pain.
- Take Aleve PM for relief of occasional sleeplessness associated with minor aches and pains.
- Naproxen sodium (220 mg)
- Diphenhydramine hydrochloride (25mg)
- The product is manufactured by a reputable company.
- Many well-known retailers across the country carry the product.
- No prescription is necessary for the product.
- Children as young as 12 can use the product as long as they’re not allergic to any of the active ingredients.
- Aleve PM can treat various types of chronic pain.
- Various capsule counts are available depending on a person’s need.
- Naproxen sodium can cause allergic reactions and also increases the possibility of stomach bleeding.
- The manufacturer does not mention a money-back guarantee or return period, which means customers must ask about this wherever this product is purchased.
- Those who are allergic to aspirin may experience a negative reaction to this product.
- The product cannot be taken before and after surgery.
How Does Aleve PM Work?
Don’t let back, muscle or minor aches and pains keep you tossing and turning all night. Aleve PM is the first over-the-counter PM product with a sleep aid plus the 12-hour strength of Aleve. Aleve is an over-the-counter (OTC), nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) that provides temporary relief from minor aches and pains.
It also temporarily reduces fever. Covered by the Bayer HealthCare – Consumer Health 60-Day Satisfaction Guarantee.
Aleve PM Ingredients – Are They Safe & Effective?
Naproxen sodium (220 mg):
Pain reliever used to treat headaches, cramps, dental pain, and to reduce joint pain and stiffness. It is categorized as a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory product (NSAID). As per Study it helps the body block reactions that increase or cause inflammation. The lowest effective dose should be taken for the shortest possible period of time to reduce the possibility of stomach bleeding.
Diphenhydramine hydrochloride (25mg):
Alternatives to Aleve PM:
Aleve PM FAQs
Q : Is Aleve PM safe for everyone?
A : Aleve PM is safe for the vast majority of people in good health. However, those who have allergies to aspirin, or who may have had allergic reactions to diphenhydramine should avoid the use of this product. Aleve PM cannot be used by children under 12 years of age. Those whose stomach gets upset when taking this product can have it with food or milk.
Q : Are there any interactions to be aware of?
A : Do not take alcohol when taking this medication. This product causes drowsiness, so one should not operate heavy machinery or drive a vehicle after taking it.
Q : What Kind of Reviews are Out there for Aleve PM?
A : Aleve PM is well-known and has many positive reviews on merchant sites such as Amazon. One user said it is effective in helping users sleep. Another user, Joan, gave the product a good review cannot take it because she has a kidney issue.
Aleve PM – Final Verdict
Aleve PM is manufactured by a reputable company, Bayer. It is sold at a competitive rate because of its availability in various pharmacies and retailers across the country. The product can also be used by children as young as 12. However, there are many interactions that could occur in people who have stomach problems or have had allergic reactions.
One of the active ingredients, naproxen sodium, could increase the chances of stomach bleeding. This means that those dealing with sleep problems due to pain should take this product for the shortest possible period of time. Perhaps a product that can be used in the longer term might be a better option for those who have chronic pain.
There are many people who may have a hard time falling or staying asleep. Consequently, they wake up exhausted and irritable. Effective, natural sleep aids can help return to a normal sleep schedule resulting in improve overall health, mood, and well-being.
Below you'll find some of the most effective all natural sleep aid formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Verdict on Claimed Benefits: Below is our summary of the available evidence for the claimed benefits of below mentioned natural sleep aids, sleep support supplements and anti-snoring mouthpiece based on the available research: