What is Whitenicious?
Whitenicious claims to be a high-end cosmetic line produced by pop singer Dencia. The skin care products are meant for all skin types and they’re skin brighteners. Suitable for hyper pigmentation, dark spots, dark knees and knuckles, and acne, Whitenicious looks like a dream cream for women looking for a more luminous, even complexion. The never-ending marginalization of African women in the cosmetics marketplace was the key point that made Dencia start her own line of brighteners. To ensure the effectiveness of her products, she partnered with a renowned chemist, and thus she managed to sell all of her Whitenicious brighteners in less than 2 weeks.
Now, as far as the effectiveness of the line is concerned, there have been some rumours claiming Dencia’s skincare products might trigger cancer. Let’s analyse the facts a bit more in-depth.
Reason Behind The Formation of Whitenicious
Dencia is an international pop singer of African descent. Originally from Nigeria, she decided to open her own line of cosmetics because she wanted to help women deal with their skin spots. The natural complexion of most African women is uneven due to increased amounts of melanin into the dermis. Hence, Dencia decided to market a product meant to balance those melanin levels and make the skin even, smoother and more compact.
How Whitenicious Work?
Whitenicious looks promising, there’s no denying about that. In less than 2 weeks from the launch, the line sold out. Dencia claims the products are of the highest quality, yet there’s no real proof to back up the allegations. The “luxurious” skin care product states it contains high-end ingredients and all-natural plant extracts. The Whitenicious line is made of 2 primary products: a dark spot remover and a brightener meant to fight hyper-pigmentation successfully.
According to the official Whitenicious website, it looks like line doesn’t contain any harsh bleaching ingredients and chemicals. Some of the mentioned advantages:
- High contents of vitamin E and C
- Dark spot remover
- Evens the skin
- Deals with hyper-pigmentation
Unfortunately, the official website that markets the Whitenicious line distorts reality and it’s certainly just another endorsement plan of the pop singer. The line claims to deal with hyper-pigmentation but there’s no mentioning on the site that the products have the feature. With prices ranging between $50 and $150, all products were sold in days, yet not necessarily because of their effectiveness. Some clear disadvantages of the Whitenicious skincare line of brighteners:
- Promotional photos of Dencia on the official Whitenicious look too good to be true – it’s scientifically impossible for the skin of an African woman to become so white from a cream that’s barely a moisturizer, and that’s not backed up in any way by a thorough clinical study.
- Either Dencia has undergone a bleaching treatment (which is quite common in the native country of the singer Nigeria) or the photos were intensely photos hoped.
- We can’t for sure if it’s just a coincidence, but skin-lightening products often use damaging ingredients to boost the effects, and Nigeria is one of the few countries that uses bleach to make skin care products and make women’ skin lighter.
- Rumor has it that Whitenicious might cause cancer considering it’s such a shady product with no real proof of its content and ingredients.
- Some people think Dencia is sending a wrong message, and that she’s not comfortable with being an African decent woman.
Are There Any Side Effects?
Whitenicious might cause irritations on the skin and it must not be used on a damaged complexion. Yet, that allegation contradicts the information mentioned on the site where Dencia claims her line is meant for acne. And acne is a skin condition that leads to damaged skin. Although there’s no proof it causes cancer, just hearing that claim should make people avoid the product.
From what we’ve seen on social media, it looks like Whitenicious might work. Yet, considering it uses unknown ingredients we can’t tell for how long those results will last. Some photos are not clear enough to state if the cream is efficient. The official website doesn’t feature any reviews from former customers.
Whitenicious is a skin brightening line created by pop singer Dencia. Promising yet questionable from various points of view, the skin care line looks more like an endorsement project than a beauty product. Because it is marketed by the superb singer, and will certainly convince a lot of women to buy it. We’re not so sure it’s a sensible investment. Dencia claims the skin care line was produced in collaboration with a famous chemist, yet there’s no name mentioned on the official Whitenicious webpage. Furthermore, there’s no complete list of ingredients, and that should definitely make future customers wonder if the line is efficient or not.