Lisa-Marie is currently the host of BodyRock.Tv which has become one of the most popular free resources for fitness information online. She started as just another follower of the popular fitness website. She regularly sent pictures of herself as her body changed from the different workouts and meal plans. With the departure of the original female host, she was chosen because of her passion for fitness and her transformation from an ordinary woman to a sexy fitness goddess.
According to Lisa-Marie, daily HIIT workouts are just a small part of the weight shedding equation. Actually, diet is about 80% of the equation while exercise is just 20%. She believes that eating too little is one of the biggest problems since it causes starvation and promotes fat storage. Here are the simple rules she follows for her diet plan:
- Hydrate with Water – She seldom consumes juices, soda and other artificially sweetened beverages. Drinking tea and coffee is okay but only in moderation and she suggests skipping sweetener unless it is stevia.
- Small, frequent meals – She believes that eating 5 to 6 small meals a day makes the metabolism work more effectively.
- Lean meat – Every main meal includes lean, clean cuts of meat which is important for fat loss.
- Do not fear carbs – Carbohydrates are important for optimal physical and mental performance as long as it is in the form of whole grains, fruits and vegetables. However, steer clear of refined carbohydrates.
- Eat smaller meals as the day progresses – Eat like a king at breakfast, prince at lunch then pauper at dinner. You don’t need as much energy in the evening so the calories tend to be stored as fat in the body.
- Good fat – Include healthy fats in your diet from unsalted nuts, fish and avocado. Skip the butter, cream and deep fried foods which contain unhealthy fat.
- Minimize Alcohol Intake – Occasional enjoyment of a serving or two of alcoholic beverages is okay, but it would be best to save calories for nutritionally dense sustenance.
Lisa-Marie exclusively performs HIIT workouts which are very quick but intense workouts that have the same benefits as regular exercises like jogging and lifting weights. Her workouts are very short, lasting 20 to 30 minutes each day. However, she stated that she usually runs in the morning and performs the HIIT workouts in the evening. The workouts have a different focus depending on her particular goals whether she is trying to cut body fat, strengthen a muscle group or tone a specific area of her body. All her fitness and bodybuilding workout are simple and can be done at home with special equipment that she endorses.
Here is Lisa-Marie’s motivational message to start the New Year with a resolution’s:
I’m learning that there is never a perfect time. You could always be younger, more qualified, thinner, lighter, have more money or be more beautiful.
Markets are up and down, your car needs a new muffler, everything is almost perfect but not quite – if only he would call, if only she would email, on and on. Timing is everything or is it? How much of our life do we waste before we take the leap?
Whoever invented the calendar put human progress forward but also inadvertently invented planned procrastination. If you are anything like me you will start everything next Monday, or next Month or as the New Year approaches it’s gravity pulls us quite willingly into thinking the best time to start is January 1st. Plenty of time to get down and dirty with all of our bad habits and enjoy a final roll in the hay with all of our naughty vices.
I love fresh starts. They are the psychological equivalent of those 5 hour energy shots – you feel the temporary boost of starting over that is followed by a crash of old habits, behaviours and impulses tromping their muddy boots all over our spotless futures. Until next Monday – when we can start again. Monday the great eraser of the past, the wonderfully convenient weekly page turn in the appointment calendar of impotent discipline and broken promises.
Much like perfect timing, fresh starts make us feel warm and fuzzy inside, but in the end they don’t really help the cause. They are perhaps the ultimate Jedi mind trick -they allow us to feel good about planned procrastination – they ultimate layaway plan for our unrealized dreams.
There is always room for talking and planning workout in your routine – but the most empowering thing you can do is to take decisive action now (DAN). Life is lived now, between the breaths and the reps, and our heart is the drum beat that we need to follow forward. Feel the fear – it’s a blast of your waiting greatness – and do it anyway. Your time is now, and DAN is your new best friend.