Which Muscle Growth Supplements Really Work?
We have reached the time of the year where people start to think about what they would like to strive for next year. As 2020 comes to an end and we will soon welcome the year 2021, many people are deciding on goals they would like to reach in 2021. While some may want to lose weight, a lot of men will be striving toward better muscle growth next year.
Building a lean masculine body takes hard work and dedication, but the rewards of such a body for a man are truly endless. Not only will you be seen as an “alpha male” when you achieve that type of body, but you will also reach a new level of confidence, as well as improved physical and mental health.
Even though muscle growth and fat loss have numerous advantages to contribute toward the well-being of the body, as well as toward a man’s confidence and self-worth, it takes a lot of dedication to reach such goals.
For those starting out, it can be especially difficult to gain the strength they need to perform well during their exercise routines.
Poor strength and not being able to reach the desired milestones can be disappointing and could cause a man to give up on his dream of achieving that masculine body, but with the right supplements on your side, you can perform exceptionally well and get that body you desire sooner than you think.
When it comes to muscle growth supplements, a lot of beginners are not sure where to start, what supplements to choose, whether they should mix their own supplements or buy a tablet that contains what they need, and when they should take these supplements for the best results.
Yes, it might be a little confusing and even somewhat frustrating in the beginning, but with some guidance, it is possible to implement a supplement program that can deliver powerful results in boosting your performance in the gym.
In this post, we’ll discuss some of the most powerful muscle growth supplements that can be taken to achieve better results from your muscle growth efforts.
The Best Muscle Growth Supplements for 2021
Now that we have discussed the importance of including supplements in your muscle growth training program, and also provided more details on the primary types of muscle growth and performance enhancement supplements.
Let’s take a look at some of the best muscle growth supplements and ingredients that you should look out for in 2021.
Include these supplements in your existing training regimen to experience a massive boost in your performance and your results.
1. Crazy Bulk Winsol – features a powerful formula that doesn’t include many ingredients, but each of them is there for a reason and can do wonders for your body.
The list of active compounds includes L-Carnitine, choline, wild yam root, DMAE, and safflower oil. This combination of ingredients can be helpful in multiple ways as it promotes fat burning while securing that it preserves and improves your muscle mass and boosts physical performance.
2. Max Gains – is a brand of products that can help to improve your gym results in an efficient way. The best-selling products of the collection include Clenbulen, which aims to improve strength and boost fat burning, Venabol that assists in increasing stamina, and Anadroxin that will optimize muscle strength and mass gains.
Anadroxin focuses on utilizing Tribulus Terrestris, a natural compound known to boost workout performance and help with bedroom stamina. You may also combine the three products we mentioned for even better results.
3. BlackWolf Workout – is a collection of supplements that work together on securing everything you need on your way to a lean body. The first step is utilizing the Trail pre-workout formula which you should take before training to boost energy and focus.
It aims to improve your endurance during the workout session, while Eliminate assists in maximizing gains and speeding up the recovery after the exercising routine.
Interestingly, formulas are different for men and women, but they mostly focus on amino acids like L-carnitine and taurine, as well as whey protein and creatine.
4. Mass Extreme – If you are looking for something that will help you to grow muscle mass, look no further than Mass Extreme. This product not only builds the mass and helps to tone your body quickly, but it also boosts performance to assists you through intense training.
The list of ingredients includes maca root, fenugreek, D-aspartic acid, GABA, 5-deoxy-adenosylcobalamin, and phosphatidic acid. These ingredients join forces to boost your energy and stamina and shorten your way to toned muscles.
5. Battle Ready Fuel – is a brand that manufactures over ten supplements, but when it comes to muscle growth products, there is no doubt that you should try the recommended Male or Female bundle. The women’s bundle includes pre-workout products, protein formula, fat burner, multivitamin, and fish oil.
Men can expect all these plus BCAA that delivers supplementation of amino acids that support muscle growth and accelerate recovery. Alternatively, you can buy each of these supplements separately and choose your mix.
6. Creatine Monohydrate – Creatine is probably the most popular muscle building supplement out there today. It is an amino acid that is naturally found within the body, but higher dose supplementation can yield numerous benefits for those trying to gain bulk.
Creatine helps to boost energy significantly and also improves physical endurance. Furthermore, this amino acid increases lean muscle mass development during physical activities.
Creatine monohydrate — a popular form of creatine — is the most effective supplement for improving exercise performance and increasing muscle mass, according to the International Society of Sports Nutrition.
7. Whey Protein Powder – Whey protein powder is a top-rated supplement, not only amongst bodybuilders but also amongst athletes. It is also considered to be one of the top muscle growth supplements and can usually be obtained at a relatively affordable price.
Note: that this type of supplement usually contains a high-quality protein that offers many benefits to building lean muscle mass quickly and effectively.
8. Casein Powder – In some ways, casein powder is somewhat similar to whey protein powder. Mostly due to both being extracts of dairy products. They do, however, possess different functions.
The benefit that casein powder has over whey protein powder is usually considered the fact that it is digested at a slower pace than whey protein powder; thus offering longer-term effects within the body.
9. BCAAs – BCAAs are also known as Branched-Chain Amino Acids and have become an important part of a proper training routine that aims to increase muscle mass. Note that BCAAs are sometimes used as a pre-workout supplement and sometimes as a post-workout supplement. It does seem, however, that supplementing with this supplement after a workout session seems to be more beneficial.
10. Beta-Alanine – This non-essential amino acid is naturally produced in the body, but not at levels that may benefit your physical training regimen when opting for a muscle growth program. When supplemented in higher doses, it helps to improve physical performance, while also offering some benefits post-workout.
11. L-Glutamine – L-Glutamine is considered to be the most common amino acid found within the human body. It is found in many areas and involved in numerous biological processes. The amino acid can also be found in muscle tissue. It is important for the repairing of muscles that have been damaged, such as during exercise.
Taken as a post-workout supplement, L-Glutamine levels in muscles are restored when they deplete during a stressful workout routine; thus ensuring the user gains the advantage of faster muscle recovery.
12. Fish Oil – Fish oil can be taken as a capsule or as an oil. These supplements are extremely popular amongst a large number of people and are often utilized for its anti-inflammatory properties, as well as the fact that it is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, an important part of improving overall health. Fish oil may also assist with improving muscle gain.
13. Vitamin C – It might seem a little strange to include vitamin C as a potential supplement for muscle growth, but it should be noted that this particular vitamin is a potent antioxidant and also supports the immune system.
With the protection against free radical damage due to the high antioxidant levels in vitamin C in mind, it means that more cells will be kept healthy and readily available to be utilized for muscle growth. The improvement in the immune system also leads to faster muscle recovery.
14. Carbohydrates – Carbohydrates need to be included in a workout routine as a post-workout supplement. These can be obtained from numerous food sources, but many convenient supplements are also available that contains large doses of carbohydrates.
Note: that these supplements serve as a strategy to bulk up on lean muscle mass and to gain weight.
15. Bioperine – Lastly, we should also mention Bioperine. This is not a supplement that will increase muscle growth, but it rather helps increase the bioavailability of other ingredients it is combined with.
Many top-quality supplements do include Bioperine to help the body absorb more nutrients and supplements to ensure the user can reach a maximum level of benefits from such a supplement.
The Importance of Muscle Growth Supplements
Muscle growth and performance-enhancing supplements have become an essential part of an effective training program for a large number of men.
For those who are only starting with a new training program to help them build more lean muscle mass, it may not be clear why these supplements are such a necessity in the lives of men who take muscle growth seriously.
There are numerous reasons why a person may be using muscle growth supplements to aid them in their journey to achieving an “alpha male” physique.
In most cases, it is because many supplements can help them experience higher levels of physical strength and better endurance while they are participating in strenuous muscle training programs.
Many muscle growth supplements are also able to improve focus during training, which a lot of men consider an essential part of staying motivated and performing well while they are busy with their training routines.
Some supplements may also be designed in such a way to help improve the synthesis of protein in the body and to deliver more vital nutrients to muscles both during and after a training session.
This helps the muscles that are being exercised to develop better and also allows the muscle tissue that has been trained to recover faster after the workout has been completed.
For example, one study found that protein supplementation combined with resistance training increased fat-free mass in older adults but had no effect on muscle mass or strength.
Faster recovery times mean a person would be able to participate in a strenuous training session sooner after their previous one. It also means that the person will experience less severe muscle soreness after their training sessions, which can be quite a significant advantage to men who find muscle soreness interferes with their day-to-day life.
A lot of supplements also attend to the overall well-being of the human body, as well as improves the well-being of bones and joints. These are crucial areas that need to be looked after while performing high endurance and strenuous exercise routines as the activities may cause excess pressure to be placed on these parts of the body, which, in turn, can cause damage if bones and joints are not healthy.
What are the Types of Muscle Growth Supplements?
Buying supplements for muscle growth and improved physical performance during training sessions can be confusing and also a tough task. There are quite a large number of supplements out there, each with its formula and list of ingredients.
It is essential to know what certain supplements are meant to be used for and not to get confused with these, as using a particular supplement for the incorrect purpose may not yield its potential benefits.
Let’s look at three particular types of supplements that you can buy when it comes to improving your physical performance and boosting your muscle pump.
Let’s start with pre-workout supplements. You will see the term “pre-workout” on quite a lot of supplements that can be found on the shelves at your local supplement store.
These supplements are quite self-explanatory. They are taken before a workout routine. While each pre-workout supplement contains its unique formula, the goal of these supplements is usually to improve physical strength and performance during the training routine.
These supplements are usually taken an hour to approximately 20 minutes before you start with your training session, depending on the particular ingredients used in the supplement.
While pre-workout supplements are designed to support you throughout your training sessions, post-workout supplements are designed to offer additional support after your workout session has ended.
These supplements usually focus on improving protein synthesis after a strenuous workout routine has been completed and enhances the delivery of essential nutrients toward muscle tissue to speed up the recovery time of muscles that were used during the session.
Many supplements that are promoted as “post-workout” supplements also help to reduce soreness after a session and may also boost muscle growth.
Multivitamins and Health Support Supplements
It is important to realize that a healthy body means better results from your exercise routines. Thus, people who are looking to build a leaner physique should not only focus on including more pre-workout and post-workout supplements in their training routines but should also ensure they take a variety of nutrients daily to support the well-being of their body and mind.
Multivitamins and health support supplements can be found at many different stores and offer the essential body vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, amino acids, and other nutrients that help to keep the body healthy.
Many of these nutrients are also crucial for improving physical endurance, preventing fatigue and may also come in handy during muscle recovery and muscle growth.
Do Muscle Growth Supplements Enough for Masculine Physique?
No denial utilizing muscle growth supplements during physical training regimens has numerous potential benefits to contribute to assist a man in reaching his goal of achieving a masculine physique, but many other factors should also be taken into consideration to ensure muscles can recover and grow effectively without any complications.
While it is known that a healthy diet is essential for muscle growth and to avoid fat gain, it is also necessary to know that certain foods should be avoided wherever possible to obtain the most benefits from your muscle growth efforts.
Muscle & Fitness explains that some important foods that should be avoided as much as possible include:
- White bread
- Dried fruit
- Pre-made salads
- Diet soda
- Processed cold meats
- Ice cream
In addition to avoiding foods that may impair the proper development of lean muscle mass or contribute to fat gain, BodyBuilder also explains that high-quality and adequate sleep should be a vital part of your muscle growth regimen.
Gaining high-quality and enough sleep can help improve muscle recovery as well as contribute to better muscle growth.
Apart from helping you build better lean muscle mass, sleeping is also important for the overall health of the body, which is important if you wish to participate in strenuous physical exercises that aid in reducing your body fat percentage and increase your lean muscle mass.
Building more lean muscle mass and reducing body fat is not only beneficial to the male physique, assisting a man in becoming a true “alpha male,” but also has numerous health benefits to contribute to the overall well-being of the man.
The benefits of such a body extend to both physical and emotional health; thus posing as an essential strategy for preventing several health ailments, ranging from physical diseases like heart conditions to mental health problems like depression and anxiety disorders.
Utilizing supplements to assist with improving physical performance during training regimens and afterward to improve muscle growth can help a man speed up the process of building a leaner physique and reducing muscle soreness post-workout.
In this post, we looked at some of the most essential and useful muscle growth supplements that men and women can utilize to help them perform better in the gym and reach their bodybuilding goals faster.
Building muscle takes dedication, grit, and a lot of hard work. It’s not the easiest thing to do, but with proper diet, training, and the right supplements, you can achieve the results you want.
Do you have a line of supplements in preparation for bulking season? Which supplements have produced the best results? Let us know!
[*] Nicholas A. Burd, Daniel W. D. West, Daniel R. Moore, Philip J. Atherton, Aaron W. Staples, Todd Prior, Jason E. Tang, Michael J. Rennie, Steven K. Baker, Stuart M. Phillips; Enhanced Amino Acid Sensitivity of Myofibrillar Protein Synthesis Persists for up to 24 h after Resistance Exercise in Young Men, The Journal of Nutrition, Volume 141, Issue 4, 1 April 2011, Pages 568–573, https://doi.org/10.3945/jn.110.135038
[*] Miller PE, Alexander DD, Perez V. Effects of whey protein and resistance exercise on body composition: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. J Am Coll Nutr. 2014;33(2):163-175. doi:10.1080/07315724.2013.875365.
[*] Bell KE, Snijders T, Zulyniak M, et al. A whey protein-based multi-ingredient nutritional supplement stimulates gains in lean body mass and strength in healthy older men: A randomized controlled trial. Fisher G, ed. PLoS ONE. 2017;12(7):e0181387. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0181387.
[*] Parise G, Mihic S, MacLennan D, Yarasheski KE, Tarnopolsky MA. Effects of acute creatine monohydrate supplementation on leucine kinetics and mixed-muscle protein synthesis. J Appl Physiol. 2001;91(3):1041-1047. doi:10.1152/jappl.2001.91.3.1041
[*] Safdar A, Yardley NJ, Snow R, Melov S, Tarnopolsky MA. Global and targeted gene expression and protein content in skeletal muscle of young men following short-term creatine monohydrate supplementation. Physiol Genomics. 2008;32(2):219-228. doi:10.1152/physiolgenomics.00157.2007
[*] Hoffman JR, Landau G, Stout JR, et al. ?-Alanine ingestion increases muscle carnosine content and combat specific performance in soldiers. Amino Acids. 2015;47(3):627-636. doi:10.1007/s00726-014-1896-7.