Night Creams and How They Can Benefit You
The best night creams with ingredients that hydrate, brighten, firm, and smooth your skin as you snooze.
Night creams can help reduce the look of wrinkles and dark spots. Shutterstock Images
Night creams may seem like a tactic skin care manufacturers use to lure you into buying additional product that you don't really need. After all, you're already using a day cream, right? Not so fast, though. Did you know that using night creams on a regular basis has benefits that even your trusty day cream can't provide?
What are Night Creams?
Night creams are skincare products that you apply at night, ideally before going to sleep. Their main purpose is to hydrate and nourish your skin while you sleep, as well as induce repair of damaged skin.
There are different kinds of kinds of night creams with the most popular being ones for anti-aging, intense moisturization, oily skin, and acne/blemish-prone skin. They work by moisturizing and nourishing the skin, as well as inducing collagen and elastin production, which are they key structural proteins that make up the skin.
Reasons for Taking Night Creams
Aside from the obvious reason of keeping your skin healthy and young-looking, dermatologists and beauty experts recommend using night cream as part of your beauty routine due to the following benefits:
- It provides intense hydration especially on the dry parts of the face.
- It soothes irritation and promote repair of damaged skin.
- It improves skin tone, texture, firmness, and elasticity.
- It promotes better blood circulation.
Our Recommended Anti-Wrinkle Night Cream
CLARINS Multi-Active Night Cream is a solution for uneven texture, dry and dull skin, and fine lines and wrinkles. It is made with organic California poppy seeds and teasal for a natural product.
Special Discounted Price Visit The Official Website Now!Read Full Review
Latest Night Creams
The Key Ingredients to Look for in Night Creams
A good night cream consists of the following key ingredients:
- Hyaluronic Acid - This ingredient is helpful if you wish to improve your skin's moisture levels and fade away fine lines. It is naturally present in the skin and its main function is to attract and retain moisture.
- Vitamin A - Otherwise referred to as retinoic acid, retinoid, or retinol, this anti-aging vitamin helps diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles (source). It works by increasing cell turnover. It also helps repair sun-induced damage and protect the skin against further damage.
- Vitamin C - A powerful antioxidant vitamin which protects the skin against free radicals. It also plays a key role in the production of collagen, which is needed to make the skin soft, smooth, and plump.
- Vitamin E - Another antioxidant vitamin that also comes with additional benefits like anti-inflammatory and healing effects.
- Peptides - These are molecules that occur naturally in all living organisms. Their main function is stimulating collagen production and/or acting like collagen itself (source). They also have some anti-inflammatory properties that helps calm and soothe irritated skin.
Do Night Creams Really Work?
Night creams are as important as your day creams, because it is said that the skin absorbs active ingredients much better during nighttime that it does during daytime. Healing and repair is also at peak when you're sleeping, as your body is not busy doing other functions, allowing it to focus on cell regeneration and renewal. Thus, a night cream, as long as it contains the right ingredients, work very well in keeping the skin nourished, moisturized, and free of damage.
How to Choose the Best Night Creams?
Selecting the right night cream is important, and it must meet your personal needs. In general, however, you must pick one that is hypoallergenic, fragrance-free, and not too thick. Hypoallergenic and fragrance-free to prevent skin irritation, especially if you have sensitive skin.
Gels are preferred over creams, as creams tend to be too thick and may clog the pores. Clogged pores make it difficult for the skin to breathe and they may also result in breakouts.
Furthermore, always check the label and make sure that the formula contains the right ingredients.
The idea of applying a night cream may be trivial for many, but it might be a good idea to add one to your skincare routine, especially if you think your daytime moisturizer isn't doing enough. A night cream may be the extra boost you need to keep your skin healthy and younger-looking.
Picking the best night cream for you can be a challenging task given the number of kinds and brands available in the market. Knowing what you need and checking out the ingredients on the brands you're interested in are good start. In determining your skin's needs, it is advised to consult your dermatologist for proper assessment.
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available informations and our estimation of efficacy.
*Result may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purpose. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended to be used for self diagnosis or self treatment of any condition.
*Disclosure of Material connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you can click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."