Oöna prides itself on using scientific and historical support to back up its choice of herbs in all of its products.
Without using artificial hormones, Oöna Herbal Supplement stabilizes hormones with a combination of black cohosh extract and chaste tree berry to alleviate the symptoms of menopause, which include mood swings and irritability, hot flashes, headaches, and insomnia.
The company was founded by Valerie Otto. While helping her mother undergo treatment for breast cancer, Otto realized the cancer risks involved with Hormone Replacement Therapy. As a result, she began researching herbal treatments and developed the company that eventually became Oöna in 1995.
How does Oöna Herbal Supplement Work?
Black cohosh and chaste tree berry normalize hormone production through the pituitary gland. By reducing the levels of luteinizing hormone released by the pituitary gland, black cohosh alleviates hot flashes.
Chaste tree berry lowers prolactin levels, which gives a boost to the levels of progesterone created by the body thereby suppressing some of the uncomfortable symptoms associated with menopause.
The manufacturer claims that with continued use, the ingredients in this product cause the body to regulate itself, which prevents menopause symptoms from occurring.
Rather than using black cohosh root, Oöna Herbal Supplement’s are made with black cohosh extract, which is a more potent concentrated form of the root. The recommended dosage is two tablets three times a day.
Oöna Herbal Supplement Ingredients
The ingredients in Oöna Herbal Supplement include:
- Black cohosh standardized extract 2.5% triterpene glycosides: 60 mg
- Chase tree berry standardized extract 0.7% agunside: 30 mg
Other ingredients include dicalcium phosphate, microcrystalline cellulose, stearic acid, croscarmellose sodium (vegetable gum), silicone dioxide, and magnesium stearate.
The Advantages of Oöna Herbal Supplement
- A comprehensive list of ingredients for this product can be found on the manufacturer’s website
- The manufacturer’s website contains an abundance of information about the herbs used in its products, as well as Oöna’s philosophy
- Oöna’s website features a chart that compares the effects of its menopause herbal supplement to those often experienced with Hormone Replacement Therapy
- User testimonials are available for this product both on the manufacturer’s website and other sites that carry it
The Cons ofOöna Herbal Supplement
- Since the recommended dosage is two tablets three times daily, a single bottle of Oöna Herbal Supplement that contains 96 tablets lasts 16 days
- A shipping fee of $5 is added when an order is placed through the manufacturer’s unless the costumer places an order through the Oöna Reminder Program
The Dos and Don’ts while Taking Oöna Herbal Supplement
Although the manufacturer claims that women in Europe have used black cohosh for years with no adverse reactions, studies to date have been conducted for only six months.
Women are encouraged to formulate their own decision when it comes to whether they should continue this product after six months. The recommended dosage is two tablets three times a day.
Oöna Herbal Supplements contain just two active ingredients and the manufacturer is careful to include an abundance of information about both herbs. Oöna uses scientific studies and historical information to back up its claims about black cohosh and chaste tree berry.
The recommended dosage requirement is high and one 96 capsule bottle of the product lasts only 16 days. Still, given the many positive reviews about this supplement and the manufacturer’s detailed website, it seems this is a product that many consumers feel confident about using.
Fortunately, natural therapies for menopausal symptoms such as weight gain, hot flashes, night sweats, decreased libido, and mood swings are available. Since many women experience weight gain during menopause, many natural menopause supplements contain herbs and botanicals that support a healthy metabolism. Menopause supplements should be evaluated on proven ingredients, ability to reduce hot flashes and night sweats, ability to provide hormonal balance and boost libido and its overall value.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective menopause supplements on the market today, in our opinion.