What is Equelle?
Equelle is an organic supplement designed to ease the symptoms associated with menopause. The product is purported to dramatically reduce the number of hot flashes women experience.
It claims to lift the mood and ease the discomfort you feel during menopause. The product is also apparently very effective at easing muscle pain in the neck and shoulders, according to the manufacturer.
Who is the Manufacturer of Equelle?
Table of Contents [Show]
Equelle is manufactured by a company called Pharmavite LLC. This health and wellness organization was founded in 1971 in the U.S. Their parent company is a wellness organization called Otsuka.
Since 1999, they have had a Scientific Advisory board which oversees the development of their products. This company has won numerous awards for excellence in vending, supplying, as well as for being the most trusted brand.
How Does Equelle Work?
The primary active ingredient in this supplement is S-equol, which is a plant whose behavior closely mimics estrogen by binding to estrogen receptors. This is actually an intestinal bacterium derived from the soybean isoflavone daidzein.
During menopause, the level of estrogen in the body goes down. This is what leads to uncomfortable symptoms like hot flashes. The S-equol attaches itself to the receptors, fooling the body into believing the more estrogen exists.
A study published in the Journal of Women’s Health in 2012 showed the S-equol can effectively reduce the frequency of hot flashes and reduce neck and shoulder pain.
However, the MGH Center for Women’s Health has stated that, “many of the clinical studies measuring the effectiveness of dietary sources of soy isoflavones (e.g., soy beverages, soy powder) for the treatment of menopausal vasomotor symptoms (i.e., hot flushes, night sweats) have been negative.”
Equelle Ingredients – Are they Safe & Effective?
- S-equol – This is a plant-based form of estrogen, which can replace the estrogen lost when a woman is going through menopause. For this reason, it can reduce the number of hot flashes you experience and reduce pain in the muscles. It’s an intestinal bacterial metabolized from the soybean isoflavone daidzein. A study in 2015 found some preliminary evidence suggesting that it could relieve menopause symptoms.
- Sodium – A salt additive in the product. A filler ingredient.
- Calcium Phosphate – This is a group of minerals made up of calcium ions. They can also be found inside living organisms.
- Stearic Acid – It’s a saturated fatty acid which is a component of many animal and plant fats. It’s sometimes used as an inactive filler ingredient in medications and supplements.
What are the advantages of Equelle?
- The product can lessen the frequency of your hot flashes.
- It can greatly enhance your mood
- Equelle effectively treats muscle pain and inflammation.
- There are no side effects associated with this supplement.
What are the disadvantages of Equelle?
- The capsules are big and may be difficult to swallow.
- The product is mostly soy, which is a common allergen.
- Some users experienced weight gain from taking this product.
Alternatives to Equelle
Q: How should you take Equelle?
A: The recommended dosage of this product is 2 capsules, 2 times a day. Take them with a full glass of water. You should begin to see results in about 4 weeks, and really good results after 8-12 weeks on the supplement.
Legal Disclaimer: Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Q: How much does Equelle cost?
A: On the manufacturer’s official website, the supplement is priced at $39.95. The product is not for sale from any other online or offline retailers.
Q: What is Equelle’s return policy?
A: The manufacturer has a 60-day return policy. If you’re dissatisfied with the product for any reason, let the company know. They will refund you your money for up to 2 bottles per household, up to a total of $79.90.
Q: Does Equelle offer a free trial?
A: No, the manufacturer is not offering a free trial of this supplement. If you want to try this supplement you have to purchase it directly from the manufacturer’s official website.
Equelle Review – Final Verdict
This seems to be a very effective, well-trusted brand of supplement for the treatment of menopause symptoms. Almost every review for this product is positive. The odd negative comment tended to be about something unrelated to the product quality, like a shipping issue.
Naturally, this menopause supplement may not be for every woman. It may be more effective for some women than for others due to simple differences in physiology. There may also be medical reasons why the product isn’t suitable for everyone.
Before you begin this regimen, make an appointment with your doctor to discuss whether this is the best choice for your menopause treatment. You should get approval before you move forward with the regimen.
Fortunately, natural therapies for menopausal symptoms such as weight gain, hot flashes, night sweats, decreased libido, and mood swings are available. Since many women experience weight gain during menopause, many natural menopause supplements contain herbs and botanicals that support a healthy metabolism. Menopause supplements should be evaluated on proven ingredients, ability to reduce hot flashes and night sweats, ability to provide hormonal balance and boost libido and its overall value.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective menopause supplements on the market today, in our opinion.