Doctor’s Best MSM Overview
Doctor’s Best MSM is a dietary supplement that promises to support joints and organ functioning by supplying your body with MSM (methylsulfonylmethane). MSM is a natural occurring source of sulfur that can be quickly absorbed and used up by our bodies. Sulfur helps in maintaining healthy connective tissue. Although sulfur is freely available in vegetables, fruits and rain water (Check sulfur cycle), it is inadequate to make your tissue strong.
What is It and How Does it Work?
Double distilled and purified, Doctor’s Best MSM supplies your body with pure MSM which is needed in the formation of sulfur. Your body needs a continuous supply of sulfur which is inadequate supply in the food we eat. Apart from supporting healthy connective tissues, sulfur also promotes healthy hair, skin and nails. Keratin which is the key to healthy hair, skin and nails, is produced by the sulfur in our bodies.
Who is Behind Doctor’s Best MSM?
Doctor’s Best MSM is produced and sold by Doctor’s Best, Inc. Doctor’s Best, Inc. was a brainchild of a group of physicians who favored the use of alternative herbal care. The group has been operational since 1990 and in those 23 years, they have produced numerous dietary supplements and vitamins
What are The Ingredients in Doctor’s Best MSM?
Doctor’s Best MSM is mainly MSM just as the name hints. There is no other active ingredient in Doctor’s Best MSM. No milk, No eggs, No fish, nothing more than MSM. Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, stearic acid, magnesium stearate
How to Use it?
Doctor’s Best MSM is very easy to take. Since it is in powder, it is best taken with drinks. Take half a teaspoon of Doctor’s Best MSM and mix it with a glass of water or juice and stir to dissolve. Your drink will now be ready. Due to the sulfur taste, it is best taken with juice or better still, a fruit smoothie.
- Doctor’s Best MSM contains crystalline MSM that is easily absorbed and used by the body. Unlike other joint care products, Doctor’s Best MSM is not in pill form and won’t idle around in your stomach waiting to dissolve into your system
- Lack of many ingredients means Doctor’s Best MSM is not allergic to many people and not prone to side effects
- It Contains Only Natural Ingredients
- Doctor’s Best MSM can be mixed with your favorite drink or even water and thus it is refreshing to take
- The Taste – Doctor’s Best MSM is mainly MSM which happens to be a natural occurring source of sulfur. Thus, Doctor’s Best MSM is mainly sulfur and you can bet that you don’t want to feel the taste of sulfur. But since Doctor’s Best MSM is in powder form, you can add it to juice or other drinks to take care of the taste
- Doctor’s Best MSM doesn’t completely dissolve in water or juices leaving traces of the powder at the bottom
- Doctor’s Best MSM contains only one active ingredient. In a market where you are competing with other joint care products with several active ingredients, you would have Doctor’s Best to included Glucosamine or a sweet tasting flavor.
Can I Use it When I Take Other Medication?
Doctor’s Best MSM is not a treatment or cure of any disease or ailment. Doctor’s Best MSM is dietary supplement that helps maintain healthy joints
Precautionary Warnings and Side Effects
There is nothing much to worry about since Doctor’s Best MSM doesn’t contain many ingredients. However, you should not take Doctor’s Best MSM if you are allergic to sulfur. Remember this product is mainly MSM.
The rest is basic precautionary measures:
- Check to see that the seal is not broken or tampered with before buying Doctor’s Best MSM
- Ensure that the product is not expired
- Don’t take Doctor’s Best MSM when breast feeding or when pregnant before consulting your doctor
Has Any Research Been Done?
Doctor’s Best, Inc. has a history of excellence and has been involved in numerous researches. Since Doctor’s Best MSM is one of their products, we can take their word that a lot of research has been done on the product but we cannot verify the truth of that claim. Prior to writing this, we had not come across any report on the research done by either Doctor’s Best, Inc. or a third party.
What People are Saying About Doctor’s Best MSM?
Consumers are most concerned about the cost and effectiveness of anything they buy. Since Doctor’s Best MSM is cheap (less than $10) there is nothing much being said about the product. However, taste is still a concern to many users. About effectiveness, only a handful of people think that Doctor’s Best MSM is as effective as advertised. Many consumers also think that the product is long lasting.
Now this is the part that we put things into perspective. The product is cheap, long lasting, and produced by a renowned company. Since Doctor’s Best MSM is in powder form, it is easy to take and is quickly absorbed by your body. Doctor’s Best MSM has a bad taste when taken with water or some juices. You will need to take Doctor’s Best MSM while it is highly diluted to evade the taste. Consumers are pleased with its effectiveness perhaps because it only contains one joint care ingredients despite competitors having similar products with more active ingredients. Considering that it has no money back guarantee, and that there is no available research report, it would be highly advisable for you to buy alternative products.
Healthy joints allow us to move with ease. Joint damage can cause pain preventing you from doing the things you once loved. From aging to untreated sports injuries – many conditions lead to joint pain. A quality joint product may help reduce inflammation, repair existing tissue damage, and promote stronger joints, lessening susceptibility to future degeneration.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective joint pain supplements on the market today, in our opinion.