Kirkland Fish Oil Overview
Kirkland Fish Oil is an omega-3 supplement sourced from deep water ocean fish sardines, mackerel, salmon and anchovies that not only helps support cardiovascular health but also improves healthy and flexible cell membranes, thus help support good heart health and blood vessels.
The Manufacturers Information and Claims on Kirkland Fish Oil
Kirkland Signature is a brand name that has been in operation since 1995 as an Omega-3 supplement offered by Costco Wholesale a giant retailer proving high-quality supplements made from carefully selected ingredients from trusted supplies.
Costco Wholesale was founded in 1979 in San Diego under name Price Club then merged in 1993.
The manufacturer claims that these supplements are manufactured according to Good Manufacturing Practice Standards and in addition, the products are verified by the United State Pharmacopeia (USP) which is an independent body that sets strict quality and purity standards for dietary. They also claim the supplement is good for the health of the brain and heart as well as it promotes the health of vision, joints and skin. Their claim is recommended for people concerned with general health. Costco claims they don’t use farmed raised fish to make their oil.
Researchers claim smaller fish are highly recommended for fish oil because of lower exposure to mercury which is a standard observed by the manufacturers. The manufacturers claim their product has an enteric coating that reduces fish odor.
Kirkland Fish Oil Ingredients List
Kirkland Fish Oil features the common active ingredients as a nutritional formulation: omega-3 fatty acids Eicsapentaenoic Acid (EPA) and Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA), gelatin, glycerin, water and tocopherol. The supplement is offered as 1200mg enteric coated flavored gel (vanilla) soft gel that helps to reduce fish odor and the after taste common in other forms of fish supplements. It combines 100mg fish oil from various fish species for maximized 300mg of Omega-3 fatty acid concentration with a rigorous purification process called molecular-distillation used to remove harmful toxins like PCBs, dioxins, furans and mercury. The omega-3 fatty acids help maintain heart and vascular health. The dosage that is recommended is two soft gel capsules per day, one upon breakfast and the other when taking lunch with a full glass of water on both occasions. The Total quantity of fish oil is 600 mg per day, of which 500 is a combination of EPA and DHA.
For a person on a 2000 calorie diet, each gel capsule has a daily serving of:
- Calories – 10
- Total Fat – 1g -2%
- Calories from fat – 10
- Cholesterol – 10mg – 3%
- Fish oil concentrate -1200mg (that provides 684mg of Omega-3 Fatty Acids)
- Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) – 400mg
- Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) – 274mg
- Fish Oil Concentrate – Has omega-3 fatty acids good for heart health and blood vessels
- Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) – important fatty acid good for the brain (mental health) and physical health reduces the risk of heart disease.
- Eicsapentaenoic acid (EPA) – fatty acid from the flesh of mackerel, salmon good for blood vessels integrity and heart health.
- Gelatin, glycerin, water and tocopherol (capsule) – are important ingredients to the supplement are important for brain functions and acts as source of vitamins
- Other ingredients methacrylic acid copolymer, ethyl cellulose, sodium alginate, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose phthalate , medium chain triglyceride, triacetin, oleic acid, stearic acid, ammonium hydroxide and polyethylene glycol.
The Advantages of Kirkland Fish Oil
- Desired odor and aftertaste – Unlike other fish oil supplements, Kirkland Fish Oil is offered in an enteric coated gel that is vanilla flavored designed to minimize fish odor and after taste.
- Manufacturer’s information – less concentrated than other brands, but still plenty of the right ingredients.
- Relief from unpleasant side effects of heartburn or indigestion that are common with other regular fish oils
- Kirkland Fish Oil has an effective agent that normalizes cholesterol and triglycerides levels.
- Blood pressure – Kirkland Fish Oil has been recommended and is known to decrease blood pressure.
Can I recommend this supplement to my pregnant wife?
If you are pregnant, nursing, taking any medications or planning any medical procedure consult your doctor before use.
The Kirkland Fish Oil supplement is a product that purports to offer a wide range of health benefits with good heart health as well as blood vessels being paramount. The company makes an effort to offer the consumer a money back guarantee and has adopted a world class technology in ensuring safe products reaches its consumers. Kirkland Fish Oil has provided an easy to follow formulation to their products as well as ensured its nutrition values is well guaranteed.
The most effective health supplements that are currently present on the market can be found below. We have taken our time and rated these products in accordance to these five essential factors: quality of active ingredients, energy boosting, hormone balance restoration, cognitive function improvement and immune system strengthening.