Total Gut Health is a dietary supplement containing a unique mix of digestive enzymes, amino acids, prebiotics, probiotics, and immune enhancers that support optimum digestive health. These ingredients work synergistically to enhance the nutrient absorption of the gastrointestinal lining which will definitely result to a better health foundation. This supplement also aids in the breakdown of protein, carbohydrates, and fats so they can be converted and used as energy source by the body. This product is manufactured by a nutraceutical company called Onnit, which produces supplements that are aimed at the optimization of human health. A box of Total Gut Health containing 15 packets costs $34.95.
How Total Gut Health Works?
The primary function of this supplement is to aid the digestive process of the body in order to enhance nutrient absorption. As we all know, the human body obtains its nutrients from the food that we eat. However, if the digestive system does not function well then it can lead to impaired nutrient absorption which can lead to further complications. The ingredients of Total Gut Health improve digestive process and promote gastric health through various mechanisms. First, it enhances the release of various enzymes which can greatly help in the breakdown of protein, starch, lactose, carbohydrate, and fats. Second, it’s prebiotic and probiotic components aid in the proliferation of healthy gut flora in the digestive tract. Next, this supplement aids in the production of immunoglobulin A thereby supporting the immune system. This specific action protects the digestive system from possible infection or toxin accumulation. Lastly, Total Gut Health also greatly improves nutrient absorption from the digestive tract thereby promoting not only gastrointestinal health but also overall wellbeing.
Total Gut Health Ingredients
- DIGESTECH – This is a proprietary product of Onnit, which contains a wide range of enzymes that is said to aid in the breakdown of fats, carbohydrates, dairy, fiber, starch, and protein.
- BETAINE HYDROCHLORIDE – It is an actually synthetic compound which is said to normalize the acidity of the stomach in order to enhance the digestive process and aid in nutrient absorption.
- SACCHAROMYCES BOULARDII – It is a kind of beneficial probiotic yeast that promotes the production of immunoglobulin A in the body. This particular immunoglobulin plays a critical role in the immune response of the body.
- PROBIOTICS – It contains the following probiotics: L. acidophilus DDS-1, L. Plantarum, L. rhamnosus, B. infantis, and B. lactis. They support the immune system of the body, regulates insulin levels, promote liver health, aid in the digestive process, and even enhances mood.
- PREBIOTICS – It contains organic Jerusalem artichoke and organic dandelion which aids in the proliferation of the existing digestive flora thereby improving digestive process and also enhancing digestive health.
- The product does not contain dairy, gluten, or soy.
- The product offers a KEEP IT, Money-Back Guarantee.
- A serving of this supplement contains a total of 7 capsules which is quite difficult for consumption since you need to take it all, once daily.
- It promotes optimum digestive health and supports the body’s immune system.
- The product promotes health and wellbeing by enhancing the absorption of nutrients through the digestive tract.
- Avoid taking this supplement if you are pregnant or giving breastfeeds to your child.
- This supplement should be avoided by people who have peptic ulcers because it can worsen their condition.
- This supplement should be used cautiously by people who are taking insulin injections or oral hypoglycemic medications since it can further lower blood sugar levels.
Alternatives to Total Gut Health:
How does the KEEP IT, Money-Back Guarantee work?
The company offers this guarantee to its consumers since they are confident about the quality of their product. This offer is only applicable for entry size supplement and only for the first purchase. If within 3 months of purchase and you feel that you are not satisfied with the product, you can call the manufacturer and ask for the refund. There is no need to return any unused portion, you can keep the remaining supplements and they will give you a full refund.
I am experiencing vitamin deficiencies. Will Total Gut Health benefit me?
This supplement enhances absorption of vitamins and nutrients from the digestive tract. However, there are some vitamin deficiency conditions that need proper diagnosis and treatment. It is safer to consult your healthcare provider to evaluate if Total Gut Health is the right fit for your condition.
How to take Total Gut Health
The recommended daily dosage is 1 packet (which contains 7 capsules). It is advisable to take the supplement along with your largest meal of the day.
The benefits promised by Total Gut Health are actually excellent since it promotes optimum overall health by maximizing absorption process of nutrients, vitamins, enzymes, and probiotics. It allows you to make most of what you eat and since it aids in the digestion process, it also makes you feel more comfortable throughout the day due to the reduction of bloating and indigestion. This product is a good choice for people who want to optimize their digestive process and achieve a healthy body.
All of the cells and tissues in your body and your major organ of detoxification, the liver rely upon your colon. The colon processes waste and bacteria preparing it for elimination from the body. Colon cleanse products should be determined based on its: potential to clean the colon of harmful waste & toxins, potential to promote better digestion & increase elimination, potential to promote improved immune system function, potential to provide increased energy levels. The quality of the ingredients should be backed by clinical research.
Below you'll find some of the most effective colon cleanse supplements on the market today, in our opinion.
Verdict on Claimed Benefits: Below is our summary of the available evidence for the claimed benefits of below mentioned probiotic supplements and natural colon cleanse supplements based on the available research: