Cellulite Creams: Do They Work?
Looking for the best cellulite cream? Try these fast-acting firming creams that help reduce the signs of cellulite.
If you're looking for a way to reduce your cellulite, start using an anti-cellulite cream. Shutterstock Images
Cellulite pertains to the "cottage cheese" or "orange peel" texture on the skin usually found on the thighs and buttocks, but can also occur in other areas. It affects both men and women, with slight predilection to women.
The exact cause is unknown, it is believed to be a result of an interaction between the connective tissue of the dermis and the layer of fat below it. Cellulites do not affect one's quality of life nor are they life-threatening; in fact, it is seen as a normal condition by the medical community. Nonetheless, it is a serious cosmetic concern especially by women.
What are Cellulite Creams?
Cellulite creams are skincare products formulated to get rid of pesky cellulites. They work through various mechanisms, the most common of which involve stimulating collagen synthesis, breaking the connective tissue that causes the dimpling, getting rid of excess fats, and improving blood circulation.
Our Recommended Cellulite Cream
CelluliTX is product specifically designed for people who are dealing with cellulite problem, which makes the skin look saggy and wrinkly.
You can get it directly from the amazon.comRead Full Review
Latest Cellulite Creams
Reasons for Using Cellulite Creams
Cellulite creams are intended to reduce the appearance of cellulites and make them less obvious. Cellulites, although not really a health problem, must be eliminated (or at least minimized) because they are considered unattractive.
In women, particularly, they lower one's self-esteem, especially since we're always told by the media what an "ideal" body should be or should look like.
Ingredients You Should Look For In Any Cellulite Cream
Cellulite creams comes in various brands, each with their own formulations based on what the manufacturers think will solve the problem. Among the most commonly incorporated ingredients are:
- Caffeine - The most popular ingredient in many cellulite creams because it targets several mechanisms involved in the development of cellulites. It produces an immediate tightening effect to skin. It also shrinks fat cells and improves blood flow throughout the body.
- Hyaluronic Acid - This substance is naturally-occurring in the body and its main function is to draw and retain moisture. Boosting the skin's hydration levels renders the skin smoother and plump which, in turn,lessen the puckering appearance of cellulites.
- Squalane - This plant-based moisturizer mimics the skin's natural oils, making it an excellent moisturizer. It also has some antioxidant effects, which helps protect the skin against free radicals and oxidative damage. Furthermore, it also said that squalane also boosts collagen production which helps increase skin volume and reduce the appearance of cellulites.
- Shea Butter - A well-known skincare ingredient due to its nourishing and moisturizing properties. When it comes to fighting cellulites, shea butter can be quite helpful owing to its ability to enhance capillary circulation and stimulate collagen synthesis.
- Cayenne - It helps get rid of cellulites by activating the fat-burning mechanisms of the body. It also possesses some effective anti-inflammatory properties which help calm irritated tissues.
Do Anti-Cellulite Creams work?
Among the available options for treating cellulites, cellulite creams are by far the most accessible and least invasive. Take note, though, that although it works for some, it may not work for everyone as it still depends on the perceived cause. For instance, individuals whose cellulites are brought about by obesity should consider losing weight and building muscles.
In general, however, proper diet and exercise will help target the areas with cellulite by making the fat layer thinner and the skin smoother.
How to Choose the Best Cellulite Creams?
There are a bunch of cellulite creams in the market and picking the right one will depend on a lot of factors. When selecting your product, the first thing to look at is the list of ingredients. It should contain ingredients that are proven to smoothen the skin and reduce the appearance of cellulites.
Caffeine is by far the best bet when it comes to anti-cellulite ingredients, but the other ingredients in our list above are not far behind. Also, make sure that you get what you pay for by choosing a product from a reputable brand or manufacturer. Do some research first before making your purchase.
Cellulite is a condition that needs more research to be understood fully. Although cellulite creams work in improving skin hydration and reducing the dimpled appearance, we must keep in mind that cellulite creams are not miracle cures or overnight fix. Cellulite is a whole body issue and there are many factors that come into play.
A healthy lifestyle is needed to get rid of the problem for good. Start with a clean, healthy diet and regular exercise. Proper exercise focusing on the problem areas like the thighs and buttocks is helpful in managing the problem and effectively preventing its progress.
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available informations and our estimation of efficacy.
*Result may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purpose. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended to be used for self diagnosis or self treatment of any condition.
*Disclosure of Material connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you can click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."