What is Osteoben?
Osteoben is a product that addresses osteoporosis and osteopenia, conditions which affect millions of people around the world.
In general, a low calcium diet coupled with aging, hormonal changes and smoking cause the body to reabsorb old bone faster than the rate at which it produces new bone.
As a result, bones become weak and fragile and may eventually break, causing a lot of pain and discomfort.
Table of Contents [Show]
The manufacturer of Osteoben claims it can provide the necessary support to increase bone mineral density and in the process reduce the occurrence and severity of both osteoporosis and osteopenia.
Who is the Manufacturer of Osteoben?
Osteoben is manufactured by a company called Designs for Health that has been involved in making nutritional products since 1989.
The fact that this company has been around for three decades implies that it is reputable and lends it some credibility.
The Designs for Health website is quite informative and contains details about all their products, the research and development team, and their manufacturing process.
How Does Osteoben work?
According to the manufacturer, Osteoben fills the nutritional gaps for people who have osteopenia or osteoporosis.
It contains an active ingredient called Isoflavone Genistein that is known to address the problem of low bone density, which eventually leads to both these bone conditions.
Isoflavone Genistein is a soybean extract that has the potential to enhance a myriad of biological activities.
Research shows that it has therapeutic and preventive effects for conditions such as osteoporosis, breast cancer, postmenopausal syndrome, and many more.
Since this ingredient is present in Osteoben, we can assume that it will have a good impact on those suffering from osteoporosis and osteopenia.
Osteoben Ingredients – Are they safe and effective?
Osteoben contains the following ingredients.
- Dicalcium malate – This ingredient is known to support healthy bones and teeth, blood pressure and the mucous membrane.
- Dimagnesium malate – This ingredient supports energy production and may relieve pain from conditions such as fibromyalgia.
- Isoflavone Genistein – This extract from soybean is known for its positive impact on bone density. It is also a potent antioxidant that may help keep cells healthy and protected from free radical damage.
What are the Advantages of Osteoben?
- The main ingredient of this product, Isoflavone Genistein, is proven to support good bone density.
- It is manufactured by a company that has been in business for three decades.
- The manufacturer claims that Osteoben can fill the nutritional gaps that led to osteoporosis and osteopenia.
- Ingredient amounts are shown for full disclosure.
- It may provide some antioxidant protection.
What are the Disadvantages of Osteoben?
- The exact source of each ingredient is not mentioned.
- It is not clear if the product interacts with prescribed medications.
- It is not known how quickly results from using the product may be experienced.
- Results will vary depending on the age and health of the individual.
How should you take Osteoben?
It is recommended to take two capsules, twice a day. However, a physician may suggest a higher or lower dosage if necessary.
How much does Osteoben cost?
Osteoben sells for $52.56 per bottle – this contains 120 capsules to last for the entire month.
What is Osteoben’s Return Policy?
This product is non-returnable, as stated on the product page.
Does Osteoben Offer a Free Trial?
There does not appear to be a free trial offered for this product on the manufacturer’s website.
Osteoben – Final Verdict
Osteoben is believed to help fill the nutritional deficiencies that may lead to osteoporosis and osteopenia.
Although it uses many ingredients known for their impact on improving bone density, there is no independent research to show the results that may be experienced from using this product.
While the Designs for Health website provides some details about this formula, the site appears to cater more for healthcare professionals rather than the average consumer.
Although all the ingredients are listed with their amounts on the product label, they’re not explained in-depth and their exact sources are not known.
Anyone looking for a supplement to help support their bones as they age could consider purchasing this brand, but it is also a good idea to see what other products are available.
For those who already have signs of osteoporosis or osteopenia, talking to a doctor first will help determine if taking this product is likely to help the condition over the long term.
Bone development occurs every day of your life, but the pace of losing and growing bone differs depending on age. Building bone mass early in life through exercise, a healthy diet rich in calcium, and supplementation may help delay symptoms associated with osteoporosis. Bone health supplements should be determined based on its: potential to promote increased bone density, potential to reduce bone loss, and potential to Maintain Healthy Bone Support*. The ingredients should be backed by clinical studies and proven to promote overall bone health.
Below you'll find some of the most effective bone health supplements on the market today, in our opinion.