Juanita Barr, MS, RD, LD
- Juanita Barr, is a dietitian in Fort Worth, TX. She currently practices at AIDS Outreach Center in Fort Worth.
- Juanita also conducts individual nutrition counseling and group nutrition education classes.
- Master's degree in Nutrition Sciences from the University of Alabama in Birmingham.
- Undergraduate degree in Nutrition Science from Georgia State University and graduated Magna Cum Laude.
Ms. Barr is a member of the following professional organizations:
- The Texas Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Dietetic Intern: Georgia War Veterans Home
- Dietetic Intern: Atlanta Public Schools
Licenses & Certifications
- Registered Dietitian (RD): Commission on Dietetic Registration
- IOA Master Herbalist: International Open Academy
- Licensed Dietitian (LD): Georgia Board of Examiners of Licensed Dietitians and Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation
- ServSafe Food Handler: ServSafe Certified
- Standard First Aid, CPR and AED: Advanced Medical Certification
Juanita Barr, has over 8 years of experience in community nutrition and has worked as a licensed registered dietitian providing medical nutrition therapy for over a year. Her passion is serving those living with HIV/AIDS and minorities who are food insecure. Ms. Barr enjoys teaching cooking classes to seniors and young adults while educating them about a health topic. She is an avid believer in the quote by Hippocrates, "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food."
Everyday Ms. Barr strives to show the power each client has within them to change their life for the better. At each consultation, clients are encouraged to develop goals to support their nutrition concerns and work towards them. Ms. Barr provides resources, such as customized handouts on how to manage diabetes, to clients. Her nutrition education tools are not limited to her clients and can be seen by everyone on Tik Tok, Juanita.Black.RD.
Ms. Barr was born and raised in Georgia. She has a master’s degree in Nutrition Sciences from the University of Alabama in Birmingham. Before pursuing a career as a dietitian, she received an undergraduate degree in Nutrition Science from Georgia State University and graduated Magna Cum Laude.