What is St. Ives Timeless Skin Moisturizer?
St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin is a facial moisturizer that claims to contain an enhanced formula of natural moisturizers taken from plants. Its main goal is to smooth, protect, and hydrate your skin, while also reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
The two main ingredients used in this product (elastin and collagen) are meant to enhance elasticity and make the skin look younger and more vibrant. The anti aging moisturizer also contains glycerin and safflower seed oil bound to protect and nourish the skin. What’s interesting about this product is that the manufacturer claims fast results. In roughly seven days your face will look fresher and your fine lines and wrinkles will disappear.
Who is the Manufacturer of St. Ives Timeless Skin Moisturizer?
St. Ives Timeless Skin Moisturizer is a product of St. Ives, a popular brand of skincare products. St. Ives is one of the many brands under Unilever, a global company considered to be the world’s largest consumer goods company.
Unilever has its headquarters in the United Kingdom and Netherlands and among their countless products aside from personal care items include cleaning agents, food, and beverages. These products are available in almost all countries worldwide.
St. Ives, meanwhile, is known for its skin care products that use natural ingredients. They have a wide range of products for the face and body. Among their popular facial products include the cleansing sticks, facials scrubs, oil scrubs, sheet masks, and moisturizers.
How Does St. Ives Timeless Skin Moisturizer Work?
Although the facial moisturizer comes with a very interesting price and a generous quantity, the formula used by the manufacturer is definitely not a step forward. From this point of view, the cream is by no means a good investment.
Instead of using a serious combination between antioxidants and repairing ingredients, St Ives decided to turn to mineral oil, slip agents, and water. This combination is acceptable, but it’s obvious that it cannot make your skin look great.
The moisturizer contains tiny amounts of elastin and collagen that aren’t powerful enough to provide timeless results. Besides, none of the ingredients mentioned above is able to provide wanted results, even when used in larger amounts.
St. Ives Timeless Skin Moisturizer comes with an uninspired package, which doesn’t protect the ingredients that are sensitive to air and light. However, this isn’t necessarily a great problem, since the product is unlikely to work even if was to be properly packed.
Let us not forget that St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin contains small amounts of fragrance and that may sometimes cause irritation. You can also explore here that how wrinkle cream really works.
St. Ives Timeless Skin Moisturizer Ingredients – Are they Safe & Effective?
- Mineral Oil – A highly-purified cosmetic grade oil that functions as a skin conditioning agent; it also prevents water loss by creating a barrier that traps moisture within the skin.
- Propylene Glycol – Serves as a humectant, a compound that attracts water into the skin and thus helps keep it hydrated; it also facilitates better penetration of other ingredients in the formula.
- Hydrolyzed Collagen and Elastin – Two very important structural proteins that help plump up the skin and keep it soft, smooth, and elastic.
- Glycerin – Also a humectant, it naturally attracts moisture into the skin; it is suitable for all skin types, most especially for acne-prone skin.
- Dimethicone – Traps moisture and keeps it intensely hydrated for longer; it also creates a protective layer on the skin surface, which is helpful in protecting mildly-irritated skin.
- Safflower Seed Oil – Loaded with linoleic acid, which is proven to be helpful in combating acne; compared to other oils, safflower oil is one of the least aggravating oils for sensitive skin.
- Sunflower Extract – Rich in vitamin E, a fat-soluble antioxidant vitamin that helps protect the skin against the harmful effects of free radicals; it also has some potent anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Chamomile Extract – Soothes and calms irritated skin; it is also known to possess powerful antiseptic, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Vitamins C and E – Antioxidant vitamins that are commonly incorporated in many skincare products.
What are the Advantages of St. Ives Timeless Skin Moisturizer?
- It is produced by a reputable company and uses only the best skincare ingredients.
- It claims to induce the production of both collagen and elastin.
- It claims to provide intense moisturization to the skin which, in turn, may help improve skin tone, texture, firmness, and elasticity.
- It may help protect the skin against the harmful effects of various environmental aggressors like UV light and pollution.
- It may help soothe and heal damaged skin and prevent further damage.
What are the Disadvantages of St. Ives Timeless Skin Moisturizer?
- It contains ingredients that are potentially allergenic.
- It yields results that may vary among users.
- It is sold out at most online retailers.
- It may not be suitable for oily skin, according to a couple of customer reviews.
How should you use St. Ives Timeless Skin Moisturizer?
St. Ives Timeless Skin Moisturizer must be used twice a day, in the morning and at night before sleep. Wash your face first then apply toner if you use one. Wait for a few minutes.
Dispense a small amount of the cream and gently smoothen it all over your face and neck, gently massaging until the product is absorbed by the skin.
During daytime, follow with sun protection product before going out in the sun, especially if you’ll be exposed for too long. Avoid contact with eyes. In case of accidental contact, flush thoroughly with water.
How much is St. Ives Timeless Skin Moisturizer?
The price of St. Ives Timeless Skin Moisturizer varies among retailers, but the range is $5-10. Some online retailers sell it for a 3-jar package at $18-20.
St. Ives Timeless Skin Moisturizer Review – Final Verdict
Even though expensive products are not always the best, it doesn’t mean that opting for cheaper creams can help you. Actually, not even fairly-priced products such as St. Ives Timeless Skin Moisturizer can make you get rid of wrinkles and fine lines immediately.
While it’s true that old wrinkles cannot be improved by too many products, the truth is that new lines and wrinkles might improve their appearance when treated with the right product. From this point of view, customers who used St. Ives Timeless Skin Moisturizer stated that their skin looked smoother and brighter even from the first application.
St Ives was previously owned by Avon, a company that doesn’t conduct studies on animals. However, things have changed and the product is now under the Unilever label, a manufacturer known for conducting animal tests. Yet, the product in questioning doesn’t mention anything about that fact. As a result, no one can actually tell whether animal tests are conducted or not.
In conclusion, St. Ives Timeless Skin Moisturizer is a fair product which can be successfully used as a moisturizer. If you want to obtain better results, your best option would be to look for something else as this cream doesn’t have the ingredients necessary to remove wrinkles and fine lines. You may take a look at best anti wrinkle cream reviews to know more about the effects & safety of anti wrinkle products.
As we age the composition, texture and appearance of our skin changes. Signs of skin aging include wrinkles, fine lines, loss of moisture, uneven tone, and dull, tired-looking skin. There are countless anti-wrinkle creams on the market promising to make skin look and feel younger. Many anti-wrinkle creams promise everything short of a facelift or to provide the much sought after "fountain of youth". In reality most are just moisturizers marketed as anti-aging products.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective wrinkle serum/cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.