L-carnitine is currently one of the most popular ingredients in weight loss supplements. It is an amino acid or a building block for protein which is naturally produced by the body. L-carnitine supplements are available for treating low levels of the amino acid in the body.
However, in recent years because of researches proving its importance when it comes to the breakdown of fat, it has become one of the most popular supplements for weight loss. There are many ingredients used in weight loss products. About a decade ago, the hottest ingredient was ephedra.
However, the Food and Drug Administration of the United States banned this ingredient because of the dangers related to it. Since then, green tea and other natural substances have basked in the limelight.
*All individuals are unique. Your results can and will vary.
How Does It Rate?
- Bodybuilding.com was founded in 1999 with a single promise: trust.
- The company is not well-known, and it is relatively new, so they still don’t have an established reputation for offering quality supplements.
- There are several studies indicating that supplementing with this amino acid is really beneficial for weight loss.
- L-Carnitine Tartrate (Carnipure)
- Magnesium Stearate
- There are some studies indicating that L-carnitine can really help in the fat burning process.
- It is a naturally occurring substance in the body so it is safe.
- Can also help improve physical performance.
- Helps increase energy levels.
- Some studies indicate that it is only helpful for people who have deficient levels of the amino acid.
- Should be used with other ingredients to improve effectiveness.
- Some experts believe too much of this amino acid can cause adverse effects on the body.
How Does L-Carnitine Work?
L-carnitine basically helps the body in the process of producing energy. It is vital in many normal functions of the body like muscle movement and brain function along with many other normal body processes.
It is a potent fat burner since it helps transport fat into cells for energy use.
By increasing the levels of L-carnitine in the body, the fat burning process becomes more efficient thus enhanced weight loss is the effect.
It will also help increase energy levels and improve physical performance. There are several studies indicating that supplementing with this amino acid is really beneficial for weight loss.
L-Carnitine Ingredients – Are they Safe & Effective?
L-Carnitine Tartrate (Carnipure)
– The studies suggest that Hypromellose not only reduces body weight but also normalises the metabolic abnormalities associated with obesity. The findings also suggest that the effects of Hypromellose on glucose and lipid homeostasis in B6 mice are mediated by improvements in leptin sensitivity caused by reduced fat absorption. 
Q: What are the Dos and Don’ts of Taking L-carnitine for Fat Loss
A: It is very important to purchase a quality L-carnitine supplement. Low-quality supplements can negatively affect potency and cause side effects like allergic reactions.
Also, it is important to follow the dosage of the supplement and avoid an overdose.
L-Carnitine Reviews – Final Verdict
L-carnitine is clinically proven to be effective in enhancing the fat-burning process.
However, it is not as effective when used alone. It would be best to look for products that also contain other fat loss ingredients like green tea extract and caffeine if you want considerable results.
A topical fat burner may be the missing piece in your overall fitness regimen. Topical fat burners can enhance the appearance of your abs. In addition to an intense fitness regimen and a healthy diet, cutting gels can help reduce the appearance of unsightly surface fat revealing a trim, fit, and sculpted physique.
Below you'll find some of the most effective topical fat burning products on the market today, in our opinion.