What Is Replens?
As a person gets older, there are many physical changes that can occur. In the case of women who are near menopause, symptoms of menopause may be experienced. The menopausal symptoms include hot flashes, weight gain, vaginal dryness, mood swings, etc.
There are menopause supplements that are designed to alleviate the different symptoms of menopause. There are also products that address specific menopausal symptoms. For now, we will be taking a closer look at one such product that specifically targets vaginal dryness which usually causes discomfort or pain during sexual intercourse along with other discomforts like itching.
How Does It Rate?
- A long-lasting feminine moisturizer designed to address vaginal dryness.
- Contains a patented ingredient for soothing discomfort and providing long-lasting moisture.
- Recommended by gynecologists as of the most effective way to address vaginal dryness.
- Effective through multiple clinical studies.
- Recognized by well-known women’s publications and reputable medical journals.
- Mineral oil
- Hydrogenated palm oil glyceride
- There are several clinical studies proving the effectiveness of Replens in treating vaginal dryness.
- The product is compatible with condoms.
- It could keep vaginal tissues hydrated and rejuvenated.
- May help normalise natural secretions to treat vaginal dryness.
- Some people stated that the vaginal moisturiser had caused irritation because of an allergy to certain ingredients.
- There is some negative customer feedback, saying it isn’t a good product.
- It only addresses vaginal dryness, which is only one menopause symptom. Menopausal women will have to use other products, like supplements, to address other symptoms of menopause.
- May cause residue or discharge upon initial use.
- It is not available in certain countries.
How Does Replens Work?
Replens Long-Lasting Vaginal Moisturizer, a brand of vaginal moisturiser, replenishes vaginal moisture and enhances the body’s natural lubrication. It is designed for regular usage and is free of oestrogen and smell. Replens Long-Lasting Vaginal Moisturizer can keep the area moist for up to three days after each application when used often. Replens Vaginal Moisturizer delivers moisture to the area that is uncomfortable. The Replens solution adheres to the skin to provide long-lasting hydration.
Replens Ingredients – Are They Safe and Effective?
– It is an acidic, inert, bioadhesive polymer that allows the product to attach to the walls of the vagina. However, according to European journal of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Biology, polycarbophil shows improved signs of bacterial vaginosis and not vaginal pH.
– Mineral oil is an occlusive component that serves as the foundation for many moisturisers. Its usage in the treatment of constipation is widely accepted due to its efficacy and lack of negative effects.
Hydrogenated palm oil glyceride
– Palm glycerides are the fatty acid component of palm oil. The oily liquid can be converted into a solid and kept at room temperature through hydrogenation.
It also contains carbomer homopolymer type B, sodium hydroxide, and sorbic acid. The problem is that there is no detailed information available regarding each ingredient on the product’s website. Also, some people may be allergic to certain ingredients like mineral oil and hydrogenated palm oil glyceride.
SEE ALSO – Membrasin Reviews
Replens – FAQ’s
Q: What is the best way to take replens?
A: The form most women, Replens Vaginal Moisturizer just needs to be applied every three days. However, severe dryness may require application every other day. The product is tested for safety and can even be used daily. It can be used at any time of the day. It should be used depending on the preference of the user. It should regularly be used and not just before sexual intercourse.
Because it delivers a long-lasting effect, it doesn’t need to be applied right before intercourse as long as a regular schedule is followed for the application.
Q: How much does Replens cost?
A: The manufacturer does not sell the product directly. They have mentioned a list of websites from where the product can be purchased. On one online retail stores, the product is sold at a price of $62.05 (pack of four).
Q: Does replens offer a free trial?
A: Unfortunately, the product is not offered on a free trial.
Q: What Makes It Different?
A: The best feature of Replens and what sets it apart from other lubricants and lotions is the fact that it contains a bio-adhesive allowing it to attach to dry, compacted cells. It also delivers continuous moisture until the cells are naturally regenerated which happens about every 3 – 5 days. The result is that the vaginal tissues will be able to absorb moisture making them hydrated and rejuvenated.
Q: Why Try Replens?
A: The main reason why Replens is worth trying is that the official website offers a free sample of the product. You just need to sign up for the promotion and provide some details, and they will send you a free sample allowing you to try if the product is effective or not. Another reason to try Replens is that there are many positive reviews from customers who have tried it saying it is effective.
According to the Replens website, the New England Journal of Medicine has confirmed that Replens moisturizer is effective in alleviating the vaginal dryness for menopausal women. This was reported in the November 2006 issue of The New England Journal of Medicine. The conclusion was made after a randomized trial performed to test the effectiveness of the polycarbophil-based vaginal moisturizer. There are also several other clinical studies mentioned on the website proving the safety and effectiveness of the vaginal moisturizer.
Customer Reviews for Replens
My physician recommended this and that it helps alleviate the dryness for a couple weeks for me. I use it before bed so it will have a chance to absorb all night while sleeping. There is no mess and easy to use.~ Review by Kozlowski
Replens Review – Final Verdict
Replens is an excellent female libido enhancer for vaginal dryness. It is very much worth trying since the product’s website offers a free sample. Many positive reviews and feedback from customers are proof of the product’s effectiveness. The product is also affordable at about $15 for a package that contains 14 applications that last about one month. On the other hand, there are products available that target all symptoms of menopause and not just vaginal dryness, which is better suited for menopausal women.
Many women experience sexual dysfunction, lack of sex drive and/or poor sexual performance, but are too embarrassed to openly talk about it. Sexual dysfunction among women is prevalent, can occur at any age and can be caused by numerous factors. Sexual performance problems can strain your relationship with a partner. Thankfully, female enhancement products may alleviate these problems promoting a healthy, active sex life. Female enhancement products should be based on potency of ingredients, ability to increase sexual sensation and pleasure, ability to heighten arousal and sexual satisfaction and ability to restore sexual desire.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective female enhancement supplements on the market today, in our opinion.
Verdict on Claimed Benefits: Below is our summary of the available evidence for the claimed benefits of below mentioned female libido boosters and sexual enhancement pills for women based on the available research: