Stretch marks are primarily due to rapid weight gain, which significantly stretches the skin. When the skin stretches considerably, some areas of the middle layer of the skin (epidermis) break, which causes the appearance of stretch marks in certain parts of the body.
Many treatment options are available for laser therapy, special massages, and topical formulas. Stretch mark creams are the most popular option because they are affordable and can be as effective as the most expensive treatments. However, only very few products are effective.
Stretch mark formulas prevent or reduce already formed stretch marks, but some products can do both. In this article, we will closely scrutinize a particular topical product known to help with stretch marks.
How Does It Rate?
- Manufactured by Neutrogena.
- Helps to soften your skin while you bathe
- It is a Lightweight product
- Provide radiant healthy glow
- Sesame Seed Oil
- Isopropyl Myristate
- PEG 40 Sorbitan Peroleate
- The active ingredient is sesame seed oil which is proven to offer powerful moisturizing and antibacterial properties.
- It is from Neutrogena, a well-established skincare brand.
- Many women say it works for preventing stretch marks during pregnancy.
- Neutrogena Body Oil is not designed for preventing stretch marks. It is not being marketed as a stretch mark formula.
- It only contains one active ingredient (sesame seed oil).
- It doesn’t come with a money back guarantee.
- many women say it doesn’t work for preventing stretch marks
How Does Neutrogena Body Oil Work?
The product to be reviewed is called Neutrogena Sesame Body Oil, commonly referred to as Neutrogena Body Oil. It is a hand-body formula for keeping the skin moisturized.
It is not marketed by Neutrogena as a product for fighting stretch marks but has become a popular product for preventing the development of stretch marks during pregnancy. This is because of numerous claims women make regarding its effectiveness in preventing stretch marks during pregnancy.
The unique body oil is from Neutrogena, a world-renowned skincare brand that has been around for a long time. Neutrogena Sesame Body Oil is a sheer formula that is absorbed by the skin quickly.
It keeps the skin moisturized by helping seal in moisture and keeping the skin feeling fresh and radiant. It is best used after showering or bathing when the skin is still damp.
Again, it is not being sold for preventing or treating stretch marks. Still, it has become a popular product for preventing stretch marks during pregnancy because of many user feedback and reviews saying it works.
Neutrogena Body Oil essentially locks in moisture to keep the skin hydrated. This improves the skin’s elasticity and also makes it smoother. According to some studies, making the skin more elastic may help reduce stretch marks during pregnancy.
Neutrogena Body Oil Ingredients -Are They Safe and Effective?
The ingredients of Neutrogena Body Oil are Sesame seed oil, Isopropyl Myristate, PEG 40 sorbitanperoleate, BHT, fragrance (scented option only), and Propylparaben.
Sesame Seed Oil
– It is well-known for its exceptional features and many attributes like its antibacterial and antioxidant effects. It is also famous for its hydration qualities on the skin. Some studies have shown that it can restore overall skin moisture keeping it supple and youthful.
PEG 40 Sorbitan Peroleate
– PEG 40 ingredient has a cleansing property and is used mainly in cleansing products. It is a mixture of oleic acid esters of sorbitol condensed with an average of 40 moles of ethylene oxide that provides low irritation and mildness to the skin.
Alternatives of Neutrogena Body Oil
Neutrogena Body Oil – FAQs
Q: How to Apply Neutrogena Body Oil?
A: After a bath or shower, while the skin is still damp, apply a few drops of the oil to seal the moisture. Wait a few minutes to ensure that the body dries naturally, or use a towel to pat dry your body. It can also be added to water to soften the skin while bathing.
Q: Is Neutrogena Body Oil Worth Trying?
A: The sesame body oil from Neutrogena is worth trying because many women say it works in preventing stretch marks during pregnancy. However, it is not designed to prevent or reduce the appearance of stretch marks.
Q: Who Can Use Neutrogena Body Oil?
A: It can be used by anyone as long as they are not allergic to any ingredients. For individuals with susceptible skin, it would be best to check with your skin care professional before using the formula on your skin. It can be used for moisturizing the skin all over the body or for preventing the development of stretch marks.
Q: Are There any Neutrogena Body Oil Side Effects?
A: The only side effect is skin irritation which occurs when the user is hypersensitive (allergic) to any of the product’s ingredients. Ensure you’re not allergic to any ingredients before using Neutrogena Body Oil.
You can also check for skin irritation by performing skin testing on a small area of your skin before using the formula on your whole body.
You May Also Read – Bio Oil Review
Neutrogena Body Oil Reviews – The Final Verdict
After thoroughly inspecting all aspects of Neutrogena Body Oil, it is just an average formula for preventing stretch marks. It is like most anti-stretchmark formulas; some say it works, and others don’t.
Please note that it is not designed to prevent or treat stretch marks, so it is not likely to be effective. However, it is worth trying since it is very affordable and works great as a skin moisturizing formula.
The unfortunate truth is that more than 90% of the stretch mark creams being sold today are ineffective. Some are even unsafe and can cause side effects like skin irritation. Choosing a stretch mark cream is a very difficult process that takes a lot of time for thorough research. To make it a lot easier for you, we have carefully examined the top stretch mark creams on the market and ranked them based on effectiveness, safety and affordability. Here are the best products for your consideration.