In This Review
What Is ProstaPlex?
ProstaPlex is a supplement that is marketed to men suffering from prostate enlargement. Age can increase the risk of prostate enlargement, which can cause irritating side effects, such as difficulty urinating, frequent nighttime urination, and pain or blood with urination. ProstaPlex promises to relieve these symptoms by reducing excessive inflammation within the prostate.
The Basics of ProstaPlex
The makers of ProstaPlex developed this product specifically to improve symptoms of an enlarged prostate after doctors from the University of Stanford determined that overactivity of the immune system could lead to inflammation in the prostate and symptoms of enlarged prostate. ProstaPlex steps in with an all-natural product designed to stop the immune system response that leads to inflammation.
How Does ProstaPlex Work?
ProstaPlex is thought to reduce the overactivity of the immune system, which in turn reduces prostate inflammation, through the use of specific natural ingredients. The makers use science-backed ingredients and test their products through a third-party lab to ensure quality.
To properly conduct a ProstaPlex review, it is important to evaluate the ingredients in the product. Unfortunately, the makers of ProstaPlex do not provide a complete ingredient listing or offer a picture of the product label on their website, so it is impossible to evaluate all of the product’s ingredients.
Based upon the information that is available, the following ingredients are included in ProstaPlex and available for review:
- Lycopene: While research has not supported a beneficial impact of lycopene in cases of inflammation, studies do suggest that when taken in combination with other ingredients, as well as prescription medications, lycopene can improve symptoms of enlarged prostate.
- Beta Sitosterol: Authors of research review in a 2018 Publication of Urology determined that there is good evidence suggesting that Beta-Sitosterol is effective for treating symptoms of enlarged prostate, including urinary symptoms and flow of urine stream.
- Zinc Oxide: There are some mixed findings regarding the effectiveness of Zinc for improving prostate health. The review in Urology determined that while individuals with enlarged prostates tend to have lower Zinc levels, the consumption of Zinc has been linked to increased risk of enlarged prostate in some cases. On the other hand, one study in the review indicated that there was a reduced risk of enlarged prostate with Zinc supplementation, and a report in Autoimmunity Reviews concluded that Zinc deficiency is related to an increase in inflammation, suggesting that supplementation may treat the underlying cause of prostate enlargement in individuals who are deficient in this nutrient.
- Pumpkin Seed: The research has indicated that there are animal studies showing that pumpkin seed can improve symptoms of enlarged prostate. In addition, a review of studies that evaluated the effects of pumpkin seed on men’s health determined that this is a common alternative treatment for enlarged prostate, and that it has anti-inflammatory effects.
Is ProstaPlex Supported By Science?
A sound ProstaPlex review requires an assessment of the science supporting the ingredients in the product. Given what is known from research with main ingredients in the product, it does appear that ProstaPlex may have a beneficial impact on prostate enlargement. Not only do ingredients like Beta-Sitosterol have a strong body of studies supporting effectiveness in treating enlarged prostate; pumpkin seek has strong anti-inflammatory effects, which supports the product’s promise to treat prostate enlargement symptoms by reducing inflammation.
Also noteworthy is the fact that inflammation, as the makers of ProstaPlex assert, seems to be linked to symptoms of prostate enlargement. For example, one study found that inflammation plays a key role in the development of enlarged prostate, and a majority of patients in the study had inflammatory cells in the prostate.
The Benefits of ProstaPlex
Based upon the fact that research supports some of the ingredients in ProstaPlex, users may derive some of the following benefits from this product:
- Reduced prostate swelling
- Decreased discomfort and pain
- Relief of pressure on the bladder
- Improved flow of urine
- Better sleep
- Protection of prostate health
Negatives of ProstaPlex
- While there is scientific evidence supporting the benefits of ProstaPlex, one drawback of this product is that the makers do not reveal all of the ingredients in their product. Most supplements on the market allow consumers to see a full ingredients list or product label before purchasing, but this is not the case with ProstaPlex.
- Another drawback of the product is that there are limited consumer reviews. The only available reviews are published on the maker’s website, so it is possible that reviews are filtered, with only positive testimonials being published.
Alternatives to ProstaPlex
- SunVita Health PEENUTS
- Dim Palmetto
- Organic Prostate Tea
- Prost Actin
- Zahler UTI Revolution
- Vital Nutrients Mannose Powder
- Now D-Mannose Powder
- AZO Urinary Tract Health
Consumers may have some of the following questions about ProstaPlex:
Q: Is ProstaPlex Safe?
A: ProstaPlex contains natural ingredients and is generally believed to be safe for most people. Due to the fact that some of its ingredients are unknown, it may be wise to obtain a full ingredients list and discuss with a physician if you are concerned about safety.
Q: How Much Does ProstaPlex Cost?
A: ProstaPlex is only available via the maker’s website, and the cost depends upon the amount purchased. For instance, a one-time purchase of a single bottle is $69, whereas three bottles purchased at once are $59 each, and six or more run $49 per bottle.
Q: How is ProstaPlex Used?
A: ProstaPlex is a capsule taken by mouth.
Q: Does ProstaPlex have Side Effects?
A: ProstaPlex does not have any reported side effects, and it uses natural ingredients. That being said, the makers do not reveal every ingredient included in the product, so it is possible that there are some ProstaPlex side effects that are unable to be evaluated in this review, due to lack of information.
What Do Consumers Say about ProstaPlex?
ProstaPlex receives 5-star reviews, but it is important to interpret these reviews with caution, as they are only available on the maker’s website. Reviews published on the website suggest that consumers experience less frequent urination when using the product, and they are able to sleep better through the night.
In conclusion, ProstaPlex contains some ingredients that can improve symptoms associated with prostate enlargement, based upon the findings of scientific studies. That being said, ProstaPlex is not meant to cure a medical condition and should not take the place of advice or treatment from a licensed physician. Also keep in mind that not all ingredients in the product are readily known, and the only available reviews are on the maker’s website and may be biased. The product does come with a money-back guarantee, so if you determine that it does not work for you, there is some protection.
Prostate health is of great concern for men today. Preventative measures may reduce the risk of developing prostate cancer and improve overall prostate health and function. A quality, premium prostate supplement may shrink the prostate, minimize frequent urination, promote sexual function and contain quality ingredients.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective prostate supplements on the market today, in our opinion.