In This Review
Acyl-Glutathione is considered as one of the top topical anti-aging creams. It is very expensive at $185 for one fluid ounce.
The product addresses accelerated signs of aging particularly dryness, loss of elasticity, wrinkles, deep lines, and fragile skin. The product claims to deliver significant results in as little as 30 days.
In this article let’s take a close look at one of the most popular products for signs of skin aging.
How Does It Rate?
- Perricone MD was founded in 1997 by dermatologist Dr. Nicholas Perricone and has traditionally catered to a more mature audience.
- In a 30-day consumer research study, I found online, the application of Acyl-Glutathione in the morning and evening delivered promising results. 85% experienced a reduction in the appearance of horizontal forehead creases.
- 90% experienced a reduction in the appearance of vertical creases.
- However, there is not much information on the study and it may not be independent so the results may be biased.
- Isopropyl Palmitate
- Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate
- Cetearyl Alcohol
- Dimethyl MEA (DMAE)
- Nutrient-rich to moisturise, firm, smooth, and lift your skin.
- It has a smooth, creamy texture.
- Many people who have tried it claim it really works.
- From a reputable skincare manufacturer well-known in the industry.
- Some user have good reviews of this product.
- It may help to reduce the signs of aging
- This non-greasy moisturising cream will make your skin more supple.
- The moisture barrier of your skin is replenished and strengthened with optimal nourishment.
- You’ll love how it smoothes out skin imperfections and gives you a beautiful, healthy glow.
- Not designed for signs of aging on the neck area.
- Jar packing is not ideal for preserving key active ingredients.
- It an expensive product.
How Does Acyl-Glutathione Work?
Skin aging is continuously experienced by every person. However, some people have accelerated skin aging due to several reasons.
This may include the use of certain skincare products, makeup, sun exposure or certain lifestyle factors. However, there are also products to prevent accelerated aging.
Acyl-Glutathione Ingredients – Are they Safe & Effective?
Acyl-Glutathione is derived from the patent-pending molecule which replenishes glutathione, an antioxidant normally found in our skin cells. When levels of glutathione decrease, the skin appears fatigued, dehydrated, wrinkled or skin aging basically becomes quicker. The product basically prevents such occurrence preventing the appearance of signs of skin aging.
The ingredient includes
– Isopropyl palmitate is commonly used in products as a thickening agent to make them feel soft and to boost their moisturising effect. 
– It protects your skin from free radicals, which can cause collagen breakdown and premature ageing signs like fine lines and wrinkles. 
– Cetearyl alcohol is used to soften skin and hair, as well as to thicken and stabilise cosmetic products such as lotions. 
– Phospholipids are considered safe in skin care concentrations of up to 50%; however, they are most commonly used as part of a blend with glycerin, lecithin (another source of phospholipids, as stated above), and ceramides. 
– S-Palmitoylglutathione is an antioxidant. S-Palmitoylglutathione is a rare cosmetic ingredient, appearing in only about 0.03% of products. 
– It aids in the production of proteins, enzymes, thyroid hormones, and the skin pigment melanin. It also aids in the production of neurotransmitters, which aid in the communication of nerve cells. 
Dimethyl MEA (DMAE)
– DMAE cream, lotion, and other skin-care products are said to provide anti-aging benefits by reducing the appearance of wrinkles, dark under-eye circles, and sagging neck skin. 
Alternatives to Acyl-Glutathione:
Q: Does perricone md essential fx acyl-glutathione actually work?
A: The acyl-glutathione in perricone md vital fx reduces the appearance of deep wrinkles and strengthens delicate skin by purifying, regenerating, and protecting it. The Vitamin F Blend, which is made up of oils from flaxseed, chia, and macadamia seeds, restores the skin’s suppleness and gives it a radiant glow. It strengthens the skin’s moisture barrier while providing strong hydration.
Q: How Should You Apply Acyl-Glutathione Cream?
A: Use a gently upward motion to massage the face and neck after cleansing. Use both morning and night. Apply after using a face cream or serum concentration from Perricone MD for the greatest results.
Q: Who Manufactures this Product?
A: Dr. Nicholas Perricone, a well-known author of New York Times bestsellers, founded Perricone MD.
Acyl-Glutathione Reviews – Final Verdict
The price of Acyl-Glutathione alone is a major reason to look for other products. If you’re looking for an anti-aging product for the neck area, this product is not recommendable since it is not designed for such purposes.
The truth is that there are many better similar products that can be purchased at a much lower price.
Many people neglect their neck and chest in their daily skin care regimen. The neck ages just as quickly as the face and overtime loses elasticity resulting in what is commonly referred to as “turkey neck”. Prior to purchasing a neck cream make sure it has been rigorously tested in clinical trials. A neck cream should effectively firm and lift sagging skin, improve overall tone and texture and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Below you'll find some of the most effective neck cream products on the market today, in our opinion.