SkinMedica Product Overview
The SkinMedica Lip Plump product is a two-step system comprising of the lip renewal product and the actual plumping product. Details regarding how the product works and the application method are included on the product description page as are a full list of ingredients.
The Renewal step is designed to address signs of aging in the lips, improve the texture and define the lip line, while reducing wrinkles. It contains a patented complex of collagen, anti-oxidants and proteins called the NouriCel MD, a substance used in several of SkinMedica’s anti-aging products.
Also in the Renewal formula are Marine Filling Spheres and Hyaluronic Filling Spheres which both help to attract and deliver moisture to the lip skin tissues, plumping and smoothing the skin while peptides help stimulate collagen production and Ceramide 3 prevents water loss by strengthening the skin barrier.
Applied after the Renewal, Lip Plumper, which can be worn under or over lip color, uses ingredients such as Niacin to increase the circulation in the skin, conditions with soybean oil and further prevents water loss with Hydrogenated Polyisobutene.
How Does It Rate?
- SkinMedica is a company that manufactures pharmaceutical and aesthetic products which are designed to be used by medical professionals and the general public.
- The Lip Plump system can be purchased directly from the SkinMedica site or from authorized dealers, but apparently not in retail stores.
- SkinMedica provides a 30-day money back guarantee for customers and all orders include a free sample kit.
- Diisopropyl Dimer Dilinoleate
- Beeswax (Cera Alba)
- Human Fibroblast Conditioned Media
- SkinMedica produces a wide range of professional-quality products.
- The products are used by dermatologists and aestheticians.
- The key active ingredients in the Lip Plump system are listed and explained.
- The company have a 30-day money back guarantee and free samples
- FAQ’s are provided
- Instructions for application are shown.
- The product contains a patented formula.
- The Lip Plump system is designed for anti-aging and volumizing.
- The product can be used alone or with lip color
- The SkinMedica website is hard to navigate.
- Lip Plump system is expensive, at a cost of $53.00.
- Not all the ingredients are listed.
- No clinical studies are provided
How Does SkinMedica Work?
The SkinMedica TNS Lip Plump System creates fuller lips in two steps by smoothing, softening, and hydrating lips for a healthy, youthful pout. However, unlike facial skin, your lips lack oil glands, which help prevent fine lines and other signs of ageing.
SkinMedica Ingredients – Are they Safe & Effective?
– It hydrates the skin’s upper layers, supports the NMF (natural moisturising factor), and protects it from moisture loss. This provides elasticity, resilience, and suppleness to the skin. The end result is smooth, firm skin that feels healthy and fresh. Is abundant in polysaccharides and minerals. 
Diisopropyl Dimer Dilinoleate
Beeswax (Cera Alba)
– These are collagen and protein-producing cells in the dermis, the skin layer just beneath the epidermis. Fibroblasts play an important role in the healing of skin wounds as well as the maintenance of skin firmness and tightness. 
– Dimethicone is a gentle, effective moisturiser for the face and body. It provides long-lasting skin-smoothing benefits and is ideal for rough, dry skin areas such as knees, elbows, hands, and feet, as well as for certain skin conditions such as eczema. 
Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer,
Q: How to Use SkinMedica Lip Plump?
A: Apply throughout the day as needed. To achieve the best long-term results, use three or more times per day.
Q: How Long Will It Take For Results To Appear?
A: It will show immediate and long-lasting results, with 97% of patients agreeing that the overall appearance of their lips and mouth improved immediately after application. After only four weeks of use, 90% of patients reported natural plumpness.
SkinMedica Reviews – Final Verdict
Although it is a little more expensive than some lip plumpers on the market, SkinMedica’sLip Plump system would be recommended as it is a quality product, developed by dermatologists and contains a proven patented ingredient. In addition to this, SkinMedica provides many customer incentives such as free shipping, samples etc. and appears to have a good reputation in the skin care industry.
It would be helpful however, if the customer website was easier to use, which would make it more convenient to see the Lip Plump System details. The SkinMedica website is very professional looking but extremely hard to navigate. It contains numerous different sections, and has information just for doctors and aestheticians, company information and practices, and doctor/ spa locators.
Shipping is free with any purchase over $50.00 and contact and customer service phone numbers are provided. While SkinMedica has been featured in several well-known beauty magazines, only a few customer testimonials are provided on the site.
When it comes to choosing any kind of product, many consumers are concerned about the product’s effectiveness and safety. The same goes for choosing a lip plumper. Of course, you need to find products that work so that you won’t be wasting your money. You also need to make sure that the lip plumper is completely free from side effects since many products contain harmful ingredients that may cause irritation, severe allergic reactions and other side effects. Scrutinized and reviewed by experts, we have rated the most effective lip plumper for our valued readers.