Arthritin is a combination of unique ingredients that targets the body’s natural defense against pain, inflammation, and stiffness. It addresses joint problems by stimulating responses of the body. It is specially formulated to help individuals suffering from debilitating symptoms of joints conditions like rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.
What is Arthritin and How Does it Work?
Joint problems have always been an occurring problem not only in elderly population but also in other group ages. Arthritis is one common cause of these problems; symptoms may include joint pain, inflammation, and restriction in mobility due to stiffness of the joints. Arthritin is a made from different plant extracts, nutrients, and enzymes that are combined to fight off these symptoms in order to promote a pain free and active lifestyle.
This joint supplement works by stimulating the release of endorphins and enkephalins, which are both known naturally occurring pain killers of the body. Arthritin also block pain signals as another measure to reduce the pain sensation. On the other hand, joint stiffness happens along with inflammation as edema builds up within the joints. This may be addressed by the supplement’s ability to cause diuresis so that when edema subsides, inflammation will be reduced. When this happens, compression of nerve endings will also reduce bringing more comfort to the consumer.
What are The Ingredients in Arthritin?
Unlike other joints supplements that contain only 4 – 8 ingredients, Arthritin contains a whole lot more ingredients. They even take pride in saying that some of their ingredients are listed in the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States (HPUS). These homeopathic ingredients are the following:
- Actea spicata
- Apis mellifica
- Bryonia alba
- Cimicifuga racemosa
- Ledum palustre
Other components of the product are as follows:
DL-Methionine, Boswellia Serrata, Gamma Linolenic Acid, Perna Canaliculous (with Mucopolysaccharides), Shark Cartilage, DL-Phenylalanine, Chondroitin Sulfate, N-Acetylglucosamine (NAG), Glucosamine Sulfate, Harpagophytum Procumbens, Capsaicin, Reishi Mushroom, Cinnamomum Verum, Calcium Carbonate, OptiZinc, Boron, Mixed Glycosaminoglycans, Glycoproteins, Tanacetum Parthenium, White Willow Bark, Fo-Ti, Yucca, Folic Acid, Euphorbium Offcinarum
How to Use Arthritin?
The recommended daily intake is 3 capsules however if during arthritis flare-ups, 4 capsules can be taken every 2 hours. This may help reduce pain and inflammation faster.
Benefits of Using Arthritin
- It may help reduce joint pain, inflammation and stiffness
- It may help reduce edema within the joints
- It may improve mobility by reducing the pain and stiffness during movements
- It might be able to help in maintaining healthy joints and cartilages
- It might be beneficial in repairing damaged joints, tendons, ligaments, and cartilages
According to the Indian Journal of Experimental Biology published in May 2006, Arthritin showed potential during the clinical study in reducing inflammation and eliminating free radicals within the joints. The results from the experiment revealed that Arthritin was able to help the cells of the synovium recuperate by increasing elimination of radicals and decreasing inflammation. However the researchers recommended that further studies should be established prior to establishing the efficacy of Arthritin for patients with arthritis.
Drawbacks in taking Arthritin
- Arthritin does not publish the actual dosing of each ingredient
- It contains phenylalanine which can cause stroke and mental retardation in people with phenylketonuria (PKU)
- It contains too much ingredients which also means many side effects (although advertisements reiterate that it has no side effects)
Precautionary Warnings and Side Effects
Although it is said that Arthritin does not produce any side effects because it is an all-natural herbal remedy, its ingredients may also produce certain adverse effects. Please take note of the following prior to taking this supplement:
- It is not to be taken by individuals with known allergy to shellfish due to potential allergic reaction.
- Do not use in conjunction with other medications like anti-neoplastic drugs, anti-psychotics, anti-hypertensive, hypoglycemic agents, and antibiotics as it may impose reduction in the efficacy of the drug or certain adverse effects.
- Use cautiously if you are taking Warfarin as it may increase bleeding potential.
- It is not to be taken by pregnant women as this supplement contains phenylalanine which can cause birth defects on the growing fetus.
- Arthritin is contraindicated in people with Phenylketonuria (PKU) because consumption of phenylalanine by these people will cause mental retardation, hypertension, and stroke.
Arthritin may cause the following side effects:
- Irregular heart beat
Will it Help All Joint-Related Problems?
Arthritin showed great potential in helping reduce inflammation and eliminating free radicals within the joints in a clinical study however it is not established if this supplement can be beneficial in all joint-related conditions. The researchers even recommend that further studies and clinical trials have to be conducted.
Wanting to feel relief from joint pain, stiffness, and inflammation is not a bad thing at all however finding the right product is always the tricky part. In the case of Arthritin, it contains potent ingredients that may be able to help in joints problems however the supplement is coupled with side effects and adverse effects due to the complexity of its ingredients. It is always better to pursue after an effective yet effective answer to joint problems.
Bones are connected by joints, which allow us to move with ease. Joint damage can cause pain preventing you from doing the things you once loved. Many conditions lead to joint pain from aging to an untreated sports injury. A quality joint product may help repair existing tissue damage and also promote stronger joints, less susceptible to future degeneration.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective joint pain supplements on the market today, in our opinion.