Arthritin combines unique ingredients that target the body’s natural defense against pain, inflammation, and stiffness. It addresses joint problems by stimulating responses of the body. It is specially formulated to help individuals suffering from debilitating symptoms of joint conditions like rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.
What is Arthritin?
Joint problems have always been an occurring problem not only in the elderly population but also in other groups ages. Arthritis is one common cause of these problems; symptoms may include joint pain, inflammation, and restriction in mobility due to stiffness of the joints. Arthritin is made from different plant extracts, nutrients, and enzymes combined to fight off these symptoms to promote a pain-free and active lifestyle.
How Does It Rate?
- Arthritin is manufactured by VAXA, a company that produces nutrition and health supplements
- This joint supplement works by stimulating the release of endorphins and enkephalins*
- Arthritin is made from different plant extracts, nutrients, and enzymes that are combined to fight off these symptoms to promote a pain-free and active lifestyle.
- It reduces joint stiffness and inflammations.*
- Actea spicata
- Apis mellifica
- Bryonia alba
- Cimicifuga racemosa
- Ledum palustre
- It may help reduce joint pain, inflammation, and stiffness
- It may help reduce edema within the joints
- It may improve mobility by reducing the pain and stiffness during movements
- It might be able to help in maintaining healthy joints and cartilages
- It might be beneficial in repairing damaged joints, tendons, ligaments, and cartilages
- Arthritin does not publish the actual dosing of each ingredient
- It contains phenylalanine which can cause stroke and mental retardation in people with phenylketonuria (PKU)
- It contains too many ingredients, which also means many side effects (although advertisements reiterate that it has no side effects)
How Does it Work?
This joint supplement works by stimulating the release of endorphins and enkephalins, which are both known naturally occurring painkillers of the body. Arthritin also blocks pain signals as another measure to reduce the pain sensation. On the other hand, joint stiffness happens along with inflammation as edema builds up within the joints. This may be addressed by the supplement’s ability to cause diuresis so that inflammation will be reduced when edema subsides. When this happens, compression of nerve endings will also reduce, bringing more comfort to the consumer.
Arthritin Ingredients – Are they Safe & Effective?
Unlike other joint supplements containing only 4 – 8 ingredients, Arthritin contains many more. They even take pride in saying that some ingredients are listed in the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States (HPUS). These homeopathic ingredients are the following:
*All individuals are unique. Your results can and will vary.
– A multifunctional health tonic called SBL Actaea Spicata Dilution is used to treat various health issues. However, it is most commonly used to relieve rheumatic aches in different muscle joints.
– This treatment reduces swollen joints that itch and sting and eliminates discomfort using cold compresses.
– Bryonia species have been used as a diuretic and laxative to lessen edema and ease joint discomfort.
– As a homeopathic remedy for joint discomfort, dulcamara has received a lot of attention (rheumatism),
– It is also appropriate for joint discomfort, gout, or edema that responds well to cold treatments (including ice).
– Rusty-leaved rhododendron is used in conjunction with other plants to treat painful illnesses like gout, muscular discomfort, and joint pain despite major safety concerns (rheumatism)
Other components of the product are as follows:
DL-Methionine, Boswellia Serrata, Gamma Linolenic Acid, Perna Canaliculus (with Mucopolysaccharides), Shark Cartilage, DL-Phenylalanine, Chondroitin Sulfate, N-Acetylglucosamine (NAG), Glucosamine Sulfate, Harpagophytum Procumbens, Capsaicin, Reishi Mushroom, Cinnamomum Verum, Calcium Carbonate, OptiZinc, Boron, Mixed Glycosaminoglycans, Glycoproteins, Tanacetum Parthenium, White Willow Bark, Fo-Ti, Yucca, Folic Acid, Euphorbium Offcinarum
Q: How to Use Arthritin?
A: The recommended daily intake is 3 capsules; however, if, during arthritis flare-ups, 4 capsules can be taken every 2 hours. This may help reduce pain and inflammation faster.
According to the Indian Journal of Experimental Biology published in May 2006, Arthritin showed potential during the clinical study in reducing inflammation and eliminating free radicals within the joints. The results from the experiment revealed that Arthritin was able to help the cells of the synovium recuperate by increasing the elimination of radicals and decreasing inflammation. However, the researchers recommended that further studies be established before establishing the efficacy of Arthritin for patients with arthritis.
Q: Are there Side Effects of Arthritin?
A: Although it is said that Arthritin does not produce any side effects because it is an all-natural herbal remedy, its ingredients may also produce certain adverse effects. Please take note of the following before taking this supplement:
- It is not to be taken by individuals with known allergies to shellfish due to potential allergic reactions.
- Do not use in conjunction with other medications like anti-neoplastic drugs, anti-psychotics, anti-hypertensive, hypoglycemic agents, and antibiotics, as it may impose a reduction in the efficacy of the drug or certain adverse effects.
- Use cautiously if you are taking Warfarin as it may increase bleeding potential.
- It is not to be taken by pregnant women as this supplement contains phenylalanine which can cause birth defects in the growing fetus.
- Arthritin is contraindicated in people with Phenylketonuria (PKU) because consumption of phenylalanine by these people will cause mental retardation, hypertension, and stroke.
Q: Will it Help All Joint-Related Problems?
A: Arthritin showed great potential in helping reduce inflammation and eliminate free radicals within the joints in a clinical study; however, it is not established if this supplement can be beneficial in all joint-related conditions. The researchers even recommend that further studies and clinical trials have to be conducted.
*All individuals are unique. Your results can and will vary.
Wanting to feel relief from joint pain, stiffness, and inflammation is not bad; however, finding the right product is always tricky. In the case of Arthritin, it contains potent ingredients that may be able to help with joint problems. However, the supplement is coupled with side effects and adverse effects due to the complexity of its ingredients. Pursuing a practical yet effective answer to joint problems is always better.
Healthy joints allow us to move with ease. Joint damage can cause pain preventing you from doing the things you once loved. From aging to untreated sports injuries – many conditions lead to joint pain. A quality joint product may help reduce inflammation, repair existing tissue damage, and promote stronger joints, lessening susceptibility to future degeneration.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective joint pain supplements on the market today, in our opinion.
Verdict on Claimed Benefits: Below is our summary of the available evidence for the claimed benefits of below mentioned joint pain supplements based on the available research: