Benefit It’s Potent! Eye Cream is a special formulation designed to diminish dark circles and smooth fine lines to give the user brighter and younger-looking eyes. It uses a special peptide complex that restores the elasticity and firmness of the skin by stimulating the production of collagen. It also uses botanical extracts that protect the skin from the development of premature signs of skin aging. One 0.5 fl. oz. container is being sold for $34.
Benefit is a skin care and makeup brand founded by former models Jean and Jane Ford in 1976. The company offers a wide range of products with a cult following. The brand is known to offer affordable products although they are still not established in the anti-aging skin care industry.
What Are the Ingredients in Benefit It’s Potent! Eye Cream
- Peptide Complex – The actual components of this peptide complex is not explained in detail but it is supposed to encourage collagen production to make the skin smoother and firmer.
- Botanical Antioxidants – This protects the skin from free radical damage which is actually one of the primary causes of skin aging.
- Sweet Almond Oil – this is a natural moisturizer that keeps the skin hydrated preventing dryness to slow down the skin aging process and prevent the premature development of skin aging signs. It also contains antioxidants that help protect the skin from free radical damage.
- Squalene – it is derived from olive oil and works as a moisturizing agent that prevents skin dryness.
- Titanium dioxide – This ingredient temporarily brightens the skin.
Tips To Use This Eye Cream
Apply Benefit It’s Potent! Eye Cream after cleansing. It should only be applied delicately. For optimal results, use the cream two to three times a day.
The Good Features of Benefit It’s Potent! Eye Cream
- It contains collagen stimulating ingredients which can help make the skin smoother and firmer.
- The formula includes natural antioxidants that help protect the skin from free radical damage.
- It contains moisturizers that prevent dryness.
The Bad Features of Benefit It’s Potent Eye Cream
- The eye cream is not significantly proven to be effective.
- There is no money back guarantee offer.
- The formula doesn’t include active ingredients for diminishing dark circles, eye bags and eye puffiness.
- It only brightens dark circles temporarily.
- There are many negative feedbacks from people who have used it.
- The jar packaging exposes the active ingredients to air and light which may negatively affect their potency.
- Many feedbacks say it irritates the eyes.
Who Can Use It
Benefit It’s Potent! Eye Cream is for anyone who wants to have brighter and more captivating eyes. It is specifically designed to reduce the appearance of the different skin aging signs in the eye area. However, the eye cream is mostly effective for fine lines and minor wrinkles. It also brightens dark circles but only temporarily using titanium dioxide. However, the formula doesn’t contain ingredients that address puffy eyes and eye bags.
What People Say About the Product
I needed an eye product as I had run out of my usual brand (not sold at Ulta), I had Ulta dollars to use. So, one of the employees suggested this. She put it on me in the store, and it didn’t seem to burn, so I decided I would try it. I know Benefit is a good brand and it was reasonably priced. Well, I put it on that night before bed and when I woke up, my eyes looked puffy and swollen. I put it on under my makeup before work and it has been burning me ever since. I wanted to like this, but i will be taking back. I do have very sensitive skin.
– Doxiemom 4 (Ulta.com Review)
I love this eye cream. The price is a little high but it lasts forever. It’s super creamy, but not greasy, and is great in the summer and winter. I live in the Rocky Mountains so the delicate skin around my eyes can get very dry in the winter. I tried a bunch of other brands, but this one is the best I have found by far.
– Sammy B. (Ulta.com Review)
Overall, Benefit It’s Potent! Eye Cream is a good eye cream but it mostly works for reducing fine lines and preventing the further development of skin aging signs. It helps brighten dark circles but the effect is only temporary. The price is reasonable but there are more affordable eye creams that are similar to this product. It is still worth trying but if you want to reduce all the skin aging signs in the eye area it would be better to consider other products.
Below is the list of the top eye cream brands on today’s market. With careful evaluation of safety and effectiveness of each brand, backed by clinical studies and research, we ranked the products from best (5 stars) to worst (2 stars). Each product’s potential to lighten dark circles, reduce eye bags and puffiness, reduce fine lines, wrinkles and crow’s feet, increase hydration and to calm and soothe are the criteria used for determining the overall value of each eye cream brand.
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self treatment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."