Benefit It’s Potent! Eye Cream is a special formulation designed to diminish dark circles and smooth fine lines to give the user brighter and younger-looking eyes. It uses a special peptide complex that restores the elasticity and firmness of the skin by stimulating the production of collagen. It also uses botanical extracts that protect the skin from the development of premature signs of skin aging. One 0.5 fl. oz. container is being sold for $34.
Benefit is a skin care and makeup brand founded by former models Jean and Jane Ford in 1976. The company offers a wide range of products with a cult following. The brand is known to offer affordable products although they are still not established in the anti-aging skin care industry.
What Are the Ingredients in Benefit It’s Potent! Eye Cream
- Peptide Complex – The actual components of this peptide complex is not explained in detail but it is supposed to encourage collagen production to make the skin smoother and firmer.
- Botanical Antioxidants – This protects the skin from free radical damage which is actually one of the primary causes of skin aging.
- Sweet Almond Oil – this is a natural moisturizer that keeps the skin hydrated preventing dryness to slow down the skin aging process and prevent the premature development of skin aging signs. It also contains antioxidants that help protect the skin from free radical damage.
- Squalene – it is derived from olive oil and works as a moisturizing agent that prevents skin dryness.
- Titanium dioxide – This ingredient temporarily brightens the skin.
Tips To Use This Eye Cream
Apply Benefit It’s Potent! Eye Cream after cleansing. It should only be applied delicately. For optimal results, use the cream two to three times a day.
The Good Features of Benefit It’s Potent! Eye Cream
- It contains collagen stimulating ingredients which can help make the skin smoother and firmer.
- The formula includes natural antioxidants that help protect the skin from free radical damage.
- It contains moisturizers that prevent dryness.
The Bad Features of Benefit It’s Potent Eye Cream
- The eye cream is not significantly proven to be effective.
- There is no money back guarantee offer.
- The formula doesn’t include active ingredients for diminishing dark circles, eye bags and eye puffiness.
- It only brightens dark circles temporarily.
- There are many negative feedbacks from people who have used it.
- The jar packaging exposes the active ingredients to air and light which may negatively affect their potency.
- Many feedbacks say it irritates the eyes.
Who Can Use It
Benefit It’s Potent! Eye Cream is for anyone who wants to have brighter and more captivating eyes. It is specifically designed to reduce the appearance of the different skin aging signs in the eye area. However, the eye cream is mostly effective for fine lines and minor wrinkles like Hydrolyze cream we reviewed. It also brightens dark circles but only temporarily using titanium dioxide. However, the formula doesn’t contain ingredients that address puffy eyes and eye bags.
Read Next – Burt’s Bees Intense Hydration Eye Cream
*All individuals are unique. Your results can and will vary.
Overall, Benefit It’s Potent! Eye Cream is a good eye cream but it mostly works for reducing fine lines and preventing the further development of skin aging signs. It helps brighten dark circles but the effect is only temporary. The price is reasonable but there are more affordable eye creams that are similar to this product. It is still worth trying but if you want to reduce all the skin aging signs in the eye area it would be better to consider other products.
The most common eye area issues are puffiness, dark circles, wrinkles and crow’s feet, and loss of hydration. There are countless eye creams available on the market today, making it seem nearly impossible to find the “right one” that meets our specific under eye needs. It is imperative to find a product that has been formulated to address a variety of complex eye area problems.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.