In This Review
What is GABA?
Gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) is a special kind of amino acid. It is the primary calming (inhibitory) neurotransmitter in the brain. Neurotransmitters are the chemical messengers between nerve cells (neurons).
The body naturally produces GABA from glutamine, which is an important amino acid in the brain. GABA is a natural calming agent that can be used as an anti-epileptic, promoting relaxation or for improving mood.
It plays a very important role in proper brain function since it helps the body produce endorphins, which are the chemicals in the body that give us a feeling of happiness.
How Does It Rate?
- GABA supplements can be taken for many reasons, the most popular of which are controlling stress, nervousness, anxiety, depression, insomnia, and improving focus.
- There are many other uses of GABA supplements including pain relief, treatment of panic attacks, epilepsy, hypertension, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, etc.
- Some experts even claim that the amino acid can promote fat loss and help increase growth hormone production in the body.
- Amino Acid
- It offers a natural alternative for treating anxiety, depression, nervousness and other similar conditions
- There is some evidence that it works in relieving anxiety, improving mood and offering other health benefits
- There are many GABA supplements available from different retailers
- Some experts believe it is a safe alternative for treating depression and other mental and physical disorders
- Side effect increases as dosage increases.
- Increased blood pressure, dysphoria (unexplained, unpleasant feeling), sleepiness and increased heart rate.
- In case you don’t feel right while taking GABA, discontinue use and contact your physician immediately.
How Does GABA Supplement Work?
Experts discovered that GABA affects a person’s mood by reducing high levels of certain hormones including adrenaline, dopamine, and noradrenalin while also affecting the neurotransmitter serotonin. Having a sufficient amount of GABA in the brain causes a state of relaxation and a feeling of happiness. On the other hand, low levels of this amino acid in the brain can cause difficulty sleeping, anxiety, nervousness, irritability, and depression.
In people who are nervous or are suffering from anxiety-related disorders, the brain produces more beta waves than alpha waves. Taking GABA supplements reverses this state and alpha waves are increased. Studies have discovered that alpha waves are directly connected to clear thinking, excellent focus and being in a relaxed state of mind.
GABA is also a popular dietary supplement in the fitness industry because it may help increase human growth hormone level which results in different physical and mental benefits.
GABA Supplement Ingredients – Are They Safe And Effective?
– Amino acid supplements usually reduce or alleviate the symptoms of depression and other mental illnesses as they can convert into neurotransmitters. As per Study the amino acids tryptophan, tyrosine, and phenylalanine are thought to play a vital role in the pathogenesis of depression.
GABA Supplement FAQ’s
Q : What will be the doses of GABA Supplement?
A : The appropriate dosage for supplementing with GABA depends on certain factors, including the user’s weight, age, health and other conditions. Doses vary from one supplement to another also depending on the reason for supplementing with the amino acid. Read the product label carefully for the recommended dosage of a particular supplement.
Currently, there is still no scientific information on how to determine the optimal dose for supplementing with the amino acid. Remember that even natural products can have adverse effects. It would be best to consult your physician before using any depression pills.
Q : What are the Side Effects From Taking GABA Supplements?
A : There are several side effects connected to supplementing with GABA. However, the risk of side effect increases as dosage increases. Also, the side effect may be a result of negative interaction with other substances including medication and other supplements.
The common side effects supplementing with the amino acid include increased blood pressure, dysphoria (unexplained, unpleasant feeling), sleepiness and increased heart rate. In case you don’t feel right while taking GABA, discontinue use and contact your physician immediately.
Q : Who Should Avoid Taking GABA?
A : Generally, anyone who is suffering from any medical condition or are taking medication of any kind should avoid taking GABA. It would be best to consult your doctor before use even if you don’t have any medical condition or aren’t taking medication. If you are pregnant or nursing, consult your primary health care provider before use.
Q : What are the special Precautions and Warnings for Gaba?
A: Before taking GABA, you need to talk to your doctor about it. Read and follow the instructions on the product’s label carefully before use. Keep out of reach of children. In case you feel unwell or simply don’t feel right while taking the supplement, consult your doctor.
Take note that the risk of side effect/s increase as dosage increases and GABA may have negative interactions with certain drugs and supplements.
Alternatives to GABA Supplement
GABA Supplement Review – Final Verdict
GABA appears to be a promising supplement. However, it is not always effective and may even cause adverse effects in certain cases.
Safety should be your primary concern, so it would be best to consult a healthcare professional before using this or any other supplement for treating depression or any other psychological condition.
Depression and anxiety are common disorders that can make daily tasks extremely challenging. Some estimates allege that approximately one in ten Americans suffer from some level of depression and/or anxiety. Symptoms of anxiety and depression include ongoing feelings of sadness accompanied by unease, irritability, tension, and nervousness. While some people require medication to deal with these occasionally crippling symptoms, others may find an all-natural product helpful. An all natural relaxation supplement should promote healthy neurological function. All ingredients should be clinically proven to reduce feelings of anxiousness, sadness, unease, irritability, tension, and nervousness.
Below you'll find some of the most effective natural nervousness relief supplements on the market today, in our opinion.
Verdict on Claimed Benefits: Below is our summary of the available evidence for the claimed benefits of below mentioned depression supplements based on the available research: