Overview of L’Oreal Perfect Slim Anti-Cellulite Gel
L’Oreal Body Expertise Perfect Slim Anti-cellulite Gel is touted as a topical solution to the embarrassing and stubborn “orange peel” skin that tends to appear on the buttocks, thighs, and abdomens of about 90% of women and even some men.
Perfect Slim is a non-greasy water-based gel that is said to be easily absorbed. It has a pleasant blue color and a fragrance that many consumers find very pleasant. According to a clinical study with fifty participants, with consistent use twice a day, optimum results appeared within four weeks.
Other findings in this same study indicate that, from the eighth day, those who participated found their skin to have increased 41% in firmness and the increase in tone was about 89% overall. After the second week, the clinical trial demonstrated that three-quarters of an inch could be lost from thighs, and at the end of the four-week period, cellulite was rendered less noticeable by 85%.
Perfect Slim is sold in a 6.7-ounce tube and costs around $15.
How Does It Rate?
- L’Oreal Anti-Cellulite Gel is made by the company L’Oreal
- One of the world’s leading corporations and brands in cosmetics and personal care goods which brings you this product.
- Dimethicone PEG-7
- Salicylic Acid
- Xanthan Gum
- Cross polymer
- Ginkgo Biloba
- Pisum Sativum
- Alcohol Denat
- Propylene Glycol,
- Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate
- CI 42090
- Disodium Rutinyl Disulfate
- Coenzyme A.
- L’Oreal Anti-Cellulite Gel includes active ingredients that are well-known for their slimming properties.
- This product is simple to obtain.
- To fix a sagging look, make your skin appear tighter.
- Enhance the shape of your body and skin.
- Cellulite look can be improved and faded.
- This product contains denatured alcohol, perfumes, and artificial colorants, three of the most common skin allergies.
- L’Oreal Anti-Cellulite Gel should not be used on delicate or reactive skin.
How L’Oreal Perfect Slim Anti-Cellulite Gel Works?
Perfect Slim contains caffeine as one of its principle active ingredients. Caffeine is known to exert a draining effect on saturated tissues and, in the case of cellulite, the decrease in water retention shrinks the adipose cells to help make the skin around them more even in texture.
Ginkgo, a plant extract, is noted for its ability to increase the microcirculation in cellulite-plagued areas and promote a swifter elimination of excess Intra and extracellular liquids, as well as toxins. Both strategies contribute to helping make these areas look less “gorged” and slimmer overall.
The vast majority of ingredients in this gel are just run-of-the-mill moisturizers; skin that is more hydrated tends to refract more light and make cellulite and other irregularities appear “smoother” on the surface. There is no indication, nor does L’Oreal claim, that Perfect Slim can actually “burn” cellulite. At best, it can help make it look like there is less of it than before.
L’Oreal Perfect Slim Anti-Cellulite Gel Ingredients – Are they Safe & Effective?
– Cyclohexasiloxane is an emollient that moisturizes and softens the skin by retaining moisture. This property aids in the prevention of water loss and the preservation of the skin’s natural barrier .
– It is a humectant, which means it assists the skin to retain moisture. It can help to hydrate the skin, reduce dryness, and renew the skin’s surface .
– It heals acne by lowering swelling and redness as well as unplugging closed skin pores, allowing pimples to diminish. It cures various skin diseases by softening and loosening dry, scaly, or thicker skin, allowing it to fall off or be quickly removed .
– In skin care, xanthan gum is used as a thickening agent, texture enhancer, and to stabilize emulsions .
– Improves microcirculation to refill lost nutrients that your cells require for normal drainage and fat metabolism, preventing fat cells from creating deposits that eventually press against your skin and develop cellulite .
Other ingredients include Water, Dimethicone PEG-7, Cross polymer, Triethanolamine, Escin, Ginkgo Biloba, Pisum Sativum, Fragrance, Alcohol Denat, Propylene Glycol, Phosphate, Carbomer, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate, CI 42090, Disodium Rutinyl Disulfate, Carnitine, Coenzyme A.
L’Oreal Perfect Slim Anti-Cellulite Gel FAQ’s
Q: How to Use L’Oreal Perfect Slim Anti-Cellulite Gel?
- Apply once or twice daily to the target zones by rubbing the gel evenly onto the skin surface with a light, stroking motion.
- The gel should then be vigorously massaged between the fingertips until it is completely absorbed.
- L’Oreal recommends that the product is used for four-week cycles and that, with rest periods in between, the cycles should be repeated several times a year in order to maintain optimum results.
Q: What are the precautions when using this Gel?
A: As with most products, an allergy patch test should be performed before total application of this or any other product, and care should be taken to avoid contact with the eyes, open wounds or irritated skin. This product should be kept out of the reach of children. In the case of rash or other skin lesions, stop use and consult a physician.
Q: What People Saying About L’Oreal Body Expertise Perfect Slim?
A: The reviews are generally fairly negative. Some say that the gel does work well, but many others consider that it is a complete waste of time and money because it does nothing to change either the quantity or visibility of their cellulite.
The biggest and most reiterated complaint, however, was that L’Oreal Perfect Slim Anti-cellulite Gel left skin feeling sticky, even to the point of having to shower or use talc to get rid of the residue that stayed long after the gel had been rubbed in. Some people stated that their skin took on a bluish tinge, while others claimed that the product started to flake and peel off despite their having followed the instructions closely.
L’Oreal Perfect Slim Anti-Cellulite Gel Review – Final Verdict
After perusing many different sources of customer reviews based on personal experience, this product is about as effective as many others of its kind and, in that sense, nothing miraculous or even very noteworthy.
The many complaints about the gel’s tendency to leave excess on the skin, which would then start to peel off or make it difficult to get dressed or avoid clothes from clinging to the application areas is something that potential “tryers” should be made aware of. The blue tone that some people’s skin took on is also a big negative.
As far as one can see, the only positive attributes to be mentioned are that Perfect Slim is very moderately priced and comes from a long-established and very reputable cosmetic company. Apparently, L’Oreal cannot add Body Expertise Perfect Slim Anti-cellulite Gel to its trophy case of winning products.
Try it if you also believe that gravity can be defied. It appears that one would have to be that optimistic to give this product a chance.
Cellulite refers to fat deposits under the surface of the skin giving it a dimpled, irregular appearance. The vast majority of women have cellulite, some estimates are as high as 90 percent. Cellulite is routinely found in the thighs, hips, buttocks, and stomach. Unfortunately, maintaining an optimal body weight, eating healthy, staying active, and even regular exercise may not be enough to combat cellulite.
Below you'll find some of the most effective cellulite formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Verdict on Claimed Benefits: Below is our summary of the available evidence for the claimed benefits of below mentioned cellulite reducing dietary supplements, scrubs, and organic creams based on the available research:
Product reviews are provided for informational purposes only and reflect solely the views and opinions expressed by the contributors and not those of Consumer Health Digest. We do not verify or endorse any claims made in these reviews. Please read the full product reviews disclaimer. *All individuals are unique. Your results can and will vary.
Have a Question? Please Tell Us What We Are Missing Here!
We review published medical research in respected scientific journals to arrive at our conclusions about a product or health topic. This ensures the highest standard of scientific accuracy.
 The 24-hour skin hydration and barrier function effects of a hyaluronic 1%, glycerin 5%, and Centella asiatica stem cells extract moisturizing fluid: an intra-subject, randomized, assessor-blinded study: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5560567/  Zheng Y, Wan M, Chen H, Ye C, Zhao Y, Yi J, Xia Y, Lai W. Clinical evidence on the efficacy and safety of an antioxidant optimized 1.5% salicylic acid (SA) cream in the treatment of facial acne: an open, baseline-controlled clinical study. Skin Res Technol. 2013 May;19(2):125-30. doi: 10.1111/srt.12022. Epub 2013 Jan 19. PMID: 23331850.
 Xanthan Gum: https://www.ewg.org/skindeep/ingredients/706998-XANTHAN_GUM/
 Temple JL, Bernard C, Lipshultz SE, Czachor JD, Westphal JA, Mestre MA. The Safety of Ingested Caffeine: A Comprehensive Review. Front Psychiatry. 20 17;8:80. Published 2017 May 26. doi:10.3389/fpsyt.2017.00080.
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available informations and our estimation of efficacy.
*Result may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purpose. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended to be used for self diagnosis or self treatment of any condition.
*Disclosure of Material connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you can click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."