Apoaequorin is an ingredient that is increasingly being used in an over-the-counter memory and cognitive function supplement. The substance is actually a calcium-binding protein found in jellyfish and responsible for giving the jellyfish their glow.
However, researchers have also discovered that it is particularly beneficial when used in nootropic supplements, sometimes labeled as ‘brain vitamins’. These supplements are designed to help those with mild to moderate cognitive function impairment, not for anyone already suffering from advanced degenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease.
There have been a number of studies regarding the use of Apoaequorin and its effects on cognitive function. There is plenty of clinical data provided that illustrates how effective it is, especially for older adults who may just be experiencing a decline in mental ability.
One company, in particular, Quincy Laboratories, has to lead the research on the substance and produced a large amount of information for consumers interested in using the product. It is included in one major brand of brain health supplement, Prevagen, which is widely available online and in retail stores.
The cost of a product containing Apoaequorin varies depending on the retailer, but the average cost is $40 per one month supply. Apoaequorin does not carry a satisfaction guarantee but the products it’s included in will usually provide their own. Customer reviews and testimonials can be found online and are generally very positive.
Specific Ingredients in Apoaequorin
As noted previously, this ingredient works best for mild to moderate cases of cognitive impairment. It appears to be particularly beneficial when used to treat short-term memory loss and absent-mindedness. Studies performed on it have shown that it increased word recall and the ability to learn and retain new information, two areas that decline with age.
The way Apoaequorin works is by helping to lower levels of Cytosolic Calcium which in turn enables vital neuron cells stay healthy and active. It is when these levels increase, as they do in older adults that memory loss begins to increase.
Apoaequorin also reduces the prevalence of cell death, protecting them from damage so they are able to function at an optimal level longer. While the ingredient is thought to be generally safe and free of any harmful side effects, it should be used with caution if other medications are taken.
Additionally, because it is derived from Jellyfish, it would pose an allergy risk for anyone with shellfish allergies.
- There are customer testimonials provided
- No harmful side effects have been reported
- Apoaequorin has been studies extensively
- It is very beneficial for treating short term memory loss
- It is affordable
- It is only included in a certain brand of brain health supplement
- There is no money back guarantee
- It may cause allergic reactions
Read Next – Brain Peak
*All individuals are unique. Your results can and will vary.
Know The Related Products
- brainMD is a brain-based supplement that can help enhance your memory, improve your mood. It serves the body with amino acids and natural extracts that support and maintain healthy brain blood flow. These nutrients also provide the body with antioxidant support for brain cell health.
- Bacopa Gold is a dietary supplement that was developed to support, learning, relation, mood, cognition, calmness and to improve memory. This supplement also protects the brain from the effects of free radicals that we consume.
- Berberine-500 is an herbal supplement that provides the body with ingredients that maintain health glucose metabolism. This dietary supplement is formulated from botanical extracts. The manufacturer also claims that it may help maintain healthy lipid levels as well as provide cardiovascular support.
- Brain Abundance is a company known to produce health supplement, which helps to increase mental focus and power. This company has an affiliate program allowing members to buy supplements at a wholesale price and sell them elsewhere. This is more enterprising and many people have benefited and made a lot of profit through this legitimate company.
Apoaequorin Bottom Line
Apoaequorin is an interesting and potentially breakthrough ingredient when used to treat short-term memory loss. It is not known how well it would work, or indeed if it would work more effectively if used with other common cognitive function ingredients such as Phosphatidylserine and Vinpocetine, although judging from the clinical data, it does produce significant results on its own.
Consumers interested in using this ingredient as part of a nootropic supplement would be advised to consult with their doctor in order to make sure it is right for them and then if so, shop around for a retailer that offers a good price and money-back guarantee.
More than ever people of all ages are struggling with memory problems. People are unable to disconnect from their work, while students are under immense pressure to perform. Brains are overloaded with information that must be remembered. A quality memory enhancement product might contain clinically proven ingredients that will help to enhance not only memory, but also focus and night concentration. Memory products might help to optimize overall mental health and brain function.
Below you'll find some of the most effective memory products on the market today, in our opinion.
Verdict on Claimed Benefits: Below is our summary of the available evidence for the claimed benefits of below mentioned brain health supplements and nootropic based on the available research: