What is DERMAFLASH?
DERMAFLASH is an anti-aging exfoliating kit that consists of a cleanser, a dermaplaning edge, and a moisturizer.
The manufacturer points out that this cream is a revolution in skincare as it may remove built-up debris, layers of dead cells and peach fuzz.
Claimed to be a ‘dermatologist-recommended’, this product may also reveal a more luminous and younger-looking skin underneath the layers of old skin.
The manufacturer also claims that after using this product for some time, it may reduce the rate at which facial hair grows as well as make the hair less thick if any. Moreover, as supposedly an exfoliating system, it may help reduce wrinkles in four weeks and improve skin texture.
Who is the Manufacturer of DERMAFLASH?
This exfoliating pack was created by CEO and founder Dara Levy and her team. The company has an official website where statistics of the product, use and outcome are shared in detail.
The site also features the before and after pictures of some users who found success with the product.
Table of Contents [Show]
The company inspiration, according to the Levy came from dermaplaning, a process where facial hair and dry skin cells are removed by a surgical blade.
The process is usually done by a dermatologist or a plastic surgeon. To make it easier for clients, DERMAFLASH created an easy at-home kit that users can use to conduct the process by themselves.
How Does DERMAFLASH Work?
This product consists of a cleanser, an edge, and a moisturizer. With the cleanser, the skin is purified and prepared for the dermaplaning process. The cleanser is lathered on the face and then users are required to wash and dry the skin.
The DERMAFLASH Edge is then used to shave off vellus hair and dead cells. The device has buttons to regulate vibration. One press on the power button causes a gentle vibration while the second press increases the vibration speed.
After completing the process, users need to use the moisturizer that comes with the product. The moisturizer can hydrate and soothe the skin keeping it free from breakouts and dehydration.
DERMAFLASH Ingredients – Are they Safe & Effective?
The ingredients present in the PreFlash cleanser include;
- Glucosamine HCl – Is an amino-monosaccharide that may have beneficial effects on the skin cells. In one research article appearing in the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, glucosamine is associated with the synthesis of hyaluronic acid, reduction of wrinkles and improving skin hydration.
- Papain – This ingredient is concentrated in the papaya fruit skin. In a study featured in The Journal of Investigative Dermatology, papain may play the role of an exfoliant and whitening in skincare products.
- Salix Alba Bark Extract – Also known as the willow bark extract. This ingredient is known to target pathogenic factors that cause acne. In a study work appearing in the journal of Clinical Cosmetic and Investigational Dermatology, this extract might reduce the production of sebum. It might also have anti-inflammatory properties on the skin.
Some of the ingredients present in the PostFlash moisturizer include;
- Glycerin – Glycerol has been used in topical products for many years. In an article posted in the British Journal of Dermatology, glycerin might play a role in the hydration of the skin, support epidermal barrier repair and strengthen cutaneous elasticity.
- Yucca Glauca Root Extract – Findings say this extract is from a herbaceous plant of the lily family. It is endemic to Mexico. An article in the Journal of Inflammation acknowledges this product to have physiological and phytochemical abilities to suppress the reactive oxygen in the body that usually cause inflammatory responses.
- Sodium hyaluronate – May increase endogenous hyaluronic acid concentration. In a review article in the Journal of Cosmetic and Dermatology, sodium hyaluronate was noted to have properties like improving skin hydration, elasticity and improve wrinkle depth.
What are the Advantages of DERMAFLASH?
- May help reduce dead skin cells, peach fuzz and piled-up debris on the skin
- Your skin may become smoother, radiant and youthful
- Claimed to be gentle and safe
- The DermaFlash Edge has an ergonomic handle making it easier to use
What are the Disadvantages of DERMAFLASH?
- May not be suitable for people with acne
- It may cause breakout for those with sensitive skin
- Papain in the cleanser indicated to permeabilize the skin exposing it to chemicals and other allergens.
- Regular use may make the skin become more exposed to sun damage on some people
Q: How Should You Take DERMAFLASH?
A: It’s advised to start off with the PreFlash cleanser.
- Wet your hands and place a small amount in order to lather it and then massage onto your face. Rinse well and dry your face.
- Once dry now it is time for the edge. Put in a new edge, press the power button and hold your skin taut using your free hand.
- Hold the device at a 450 angle and start working from the front of your ear going down in short and light (feathery) strokes. Do the same to the entire face. Dispose of the edge after a single-use.
- After the dermaplaning process, massage a small amount of PostFlash moisturizer onto your skin to hydrate and soothe your skin.
Q: How Much Does DERMAFLASH Cost?
A: This product costs $99 you can either pay it at once or pay in three installments of $33 per month. You can opt for the DERMAFLASH Luxe which costs $159.
Q: What is DERMAFLASH’s Return Policy?
A: Manufacturers of this product have a 60-day money-back guarantee. If you return you get a full refund minus handling and shipping fees.
Q: Does DERMAFLASH Offer a Free Trial?
A: No free trials for this product.
Q: How do I stop the auto-delivery of the DERMAFLASH blades?
A: If your order has not shipped yet, you can make changes by calling them at 800-381-6257. Price and offer details for your selection are included in the order summary on the checkout page.
If your order is scheduled to ship in the next business day, you may not be able to make changes or cancel that shipment, but you can return your shipment once it’s received. If for any reason you’re not completely satisfied with your purchase, you can return the unused and unopened products within 60 days of receipt, and you’ll get a full refund of the purchase price (minus shipping and handling).
Have a question about your order, a specific product, or just can’t find what you’re looking for? DERMAFLASH Customer Care team is ready to help you! The Customer Care experts are available Monday – Friday from 9 am – 6 pm EST on the phone or by email at [email protected]
DERMAFLASH Review – Final Verdict
The skin is one very important asset that taking good of it demands lots of attention. As such, this skincare product claims to help nourish, moisturize, cleanse and shield the skin from harmful UV rays and exfoliating.
The makers of this product cite that over time, piled debris and dead skin cells, clog up the skin which makes it necessary to carry out the exfoliation process, and their product may ease this process.
That is, DERMAFLASH may help transform dermaplaning into a DIY process that can be done in the comfort of your bedroom.
However, what is not precise is that although this product claims to remove layers of dead skin cells, clogged debris, and vellus hair, this may actually make the skin’s protective layer weak and susceptible to sun damage.
It may also not be safe for people with acne. This is because the blade working on a zit could only worsen its spread causing a breakout.
As we age the composition, texture and appearance of our skin changes. Signs of skin aging include wrinkles, fine lines, loss of moisture, uneven tone and dull, tired-looking skin. There are countless anti-wrinkle creams on the market promising to make skin look and feel younger. Many anti-wrinkle creams promise everything short of a facelift or to provide the much sought after "fountain of youth". In reality most are just moisturizers marketed as anti-aging products.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective wrinkle serum/cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.