About Avon Sunblock Lotion SPF 40 PA+++
You can still enjoy warm summer days outdoors without worrying about damaging your skin, as long as you wear a sunblock with a high SPF rating. Avon Sunblock Lotion with PA+++ is one of the few sunscreens that has this high rating. The PA listed on the product refers to its ability to block harmful UV rays, and the “+” symbol is used to denote its strength. Sunblock lotions can have PA ratings of with one, two, or three plus signs, and the higher the number the greater its ability to protect your sensitive skin.
What Avon Claims About The Lotion
This sunblock lotion has been tested by dermatologists, and is rated safe for sensitive skin. It is a light formula that never feels heavy or greasy, and is water resistant. You can safely enjoy a day at the beach or swimming pool and without risk of burning, and enjoy complete protection from the harmful UVA rays.
- Avon Sunblock Lotion will still retain its high SPF protection rating even after 80 minutes of swimming or heavy perspiration.
- The lotion includes moisturizing Aloe Vera to help improve the condition and appearance of your skin.
- It is rated safe to use on sensitize skin, and has been tested by dermatologists.
- The PA+++ rating ensures that you have maximum protection from skin damaging UVA and UVB rays.
- While the lotion is lightweight and non-greasy, it is also resistant to sweat and water.
- It is non-comedogenic, and can help to improve dry, flaky skin.
How To Use?
This lightweight and long lasting sunblock lotion is easy to apply, and safe for all skin types. Simply squeeze some of the product into the palm of your hand, and liberally rub it in anyplace that will be exposed to the sun. Since this formula can last up to 80 minutes in water, you don’t need to reapply it as often as other leading brands.
About The Ingredients
Along with containing nourishing Aloe Vera, the lotion also includes other ingredients that are safe for all skin types. While water is listed as the first ingredient Avon Sunblock Lotion also contains properties that are effective at blocking out harmful UVA and UVB rays. Some of these ingredients include Acrylates and Carbomer that will let you safely enjoy being outdoors even on bright, sunny days.
Like all Avon skincare products this fantastic sunblock is priced well below most of the other leading brands. When you factor in its high SPF rating and longevity, the sunblock is a great value for your money. This product also has a shelf life of three years, which means you can use it again next summer.
Our Experience With Avon Sunblock Lotion PA+++
The lotion is packaged in a compact blue bottle, and features an easy to open flip top. It is easy to pack in a tote bag with the rest of your gear, and it also fits inside most medicine cabinets. The sunblock has a lightweight texture that rubs easily into your skin without running, and the lotion’s mild fragrance is not to overpowering. You will love how the scent disappears after a few minutes, and since it is rated for safe for sensitive skin it won’t cause any irritation. It should be noted that the Avon Sunblock Lotion may not be ideal for oily facial complexions, especially if you are already wearing makeup. The lightweight formula is normally lightweight and non-greasy, but it can occasionally cause clogged pores and breakouts on your face when it is applied over any existing makeup.
Pros Of Avon Sunblock Lotion
- The cream has a SPF rating of 40 PA+++, which is more than enough to protect your from sun damage.
- It has a light fragrance that quickly disappears after a few minutes of applying the lotion.
- Avon Sunblock lotion has been tested by dermatologists.
- Its small size makes it perfect for traveling.
- You only need to use a small amount to protect your skin from UV rays, giving this product excellent value for your money.
Cons Of Avon Sunblock Lotion
- It will wash off after swimming or profuse sweating for more than 80 minutes.
- The sunblock does need to be reapplied, and is only rated for water resistance.
- People with oily faces or who wear foundation underneath their sunblock may not like this particular product.
- While it is inexpensively priced, there are cheaper products available for purchase.
Will We Purchase This Sunblock Again?
While this is an excellent product, there are also other brands we would like to try. It is ideal for spending days at the beach, but does not wear well with makeup.
Will We Recommend Avon Sunblock Lotion?
We would not recommend this product for everyone but if you do not wear makeup with your sunblock or have dry skin, this might be a good sunblock for you.
If you aren't already using a good sunscreen, make it a point to purchase one soon. You can either use it on top of your regular moisturizer or choose a product which combines both components. A product like this will protect your skin from harmful rays and from drying out.
Below are some of the best sunscreen products on the market today, in our opinion.