Avon Sunblock Lotion Overview
You can still enjoy warm summer days outdoors without worrying about damaging your skin, as long as you wear a sunblock with a high SPF rating. Avon Sunblock Lotion with PA+++ is one of the few sunscreens that has this high rating. The PA listed on the product refers to its ability to block harmful UV rays, and the “+” symbol is used to denote its strength. Sunblock lotions can have PA ratings of one, two, or three plus signs, and the higher the number the greater its ability to protect your sensitive skin.
How Does It Rate?
- Avon is a multinational cosmetics, skin care, fragrance, and personal care company headquartered in London.
- For over 135 years, they have been at the forefront of beauty with numerous skincare breakthroughs and make-up innovations, all at reasonable prices.
- Aloe Vera
- The cream has a SPF rating of 40 PA+++, which is more than enough to protect your from sun damage.
- It has a light fragrance that quickly disappears after a few minutes of applying the lotion.
- Avon Sunblock lotion has been tested by dermatologists.
- Its small size makes it perfect for traveling.
- You only need to use a small amount to protect your skin from UV rays, giving this product excellent value for your money.
- It will wash off after swimming or profuse sweating for more than 80 minutes.
- The sunblock does need to be reapplied, and is only rated for water resistance.
- People with oily faces or who wear foundation underneath their sunblock may not like this particular product.
- While it is inexpensively priced, there are cheaper products available for purchase.
How Does Avon Sunblock Lotion Work?
Avon Sunblock Lotion, which protects you from the sun without leaving a greasy residue behind, and Avon Sun Sunscreen Face Lotion SPF 40 PA+++, shield your skin from harmful UVA and UVB rays while leaving it soft and light. This sunscreen lotion, enriched with the goodness of aloe vera gel and lecithin, leaves your skin moisturised, soft, and supple. Avon Sunblock Lotion is waterproof, making it ideal for use while travelling or swimming. Say goodbye to sunburns when you have this lotion in your makeup bag.
Avon Sunblock Lotion Ingredients – Are they Safe & Effective?
Along with containing nourishing Aloe Vera, the lotion also includes other ingredients that are safe for all skin types. While water is listed as the first ingredient Avon Sunblock Lotion also contains properties that are effective at blocking out harmful UVA and UVB rays. Some of these ingredients include Acrylates and Carbomer that will let you safely enjoy being outdoors even on bright, sunny days.
– Acrylates have skin benefits like smoothing and softening. It creates a film or barrier on the skin, resulting in a smooth feel. It can even be used as a thickener to improve the texture of formulations. 
What Avon Claims About The Lotion?
This sunblock lotion has been tested by dermatologists, and is rated safe for sensitive skin. It is a light formula that never feels heavy or greasy, and is water resistant. You can safely enjoy a day at the beach or swimming pool and without risk of burning, and enjoy complete protection from the harmful UVA rays.
- Avon Sunblock Lotion will still retain its high SPF protection rating even after 80 minutes of swimming or heavy perspiration.
- The lotion includes moisturizing Aloe Vera to help improve the condition and appearance of your skin.
- It is rated safe to use on sensitize skin, and has been tested by dermatologists.
- The PA+++ rating ensures that you have maximum protection from skin damaging UVA and UVB rays.
- While the lotion is lightweight and non-greasy, it is also resistant to sweat and water.
- It is non-comedogenic, and can help to improve dry, flaky skin.
Avon Sunblock Lotion FAQ’s
Q: How To Use Avon Sunblock Lotion?
A: This lightweight and long-lasting sunblock lotion is easy to apply and safe for all skin types. Simply squeeze some of the product into the palm of your hand, and liberally rub it in any place that will be exposed to the sun. Since this formula can last up to 80 minutes in water, you don’t need to reapply it as often as other leading brands.
Q: What is the Price of Avon Sunblock Lotion?
A: Like all Avon skincare products, this fantastic sunblock is priced well below most of the other leading brands. When you factor in its high SPF rating and longevity, the sunblock is a great value for your money. This product also has a shelf life of three years, which means you can use it again next summer.
Avon Sunblock Lotion Reviews – Final Verdict
The lotion is packaged in a compact blue bottle and features an easy to open flip top. It is easy to pack in a tote bag with the rest of your gear, and it also fits inside most medicine cabinets. The sunblock has a lightweight texture that rubs easily into your skin without running, and the lotion’s mild fragrance is not too overpowering.
You will love how the scent disappears after a few minutes, and since it is rated for safe for sensitive skin it won’t cause any irritation. It should be noted that the Avon Sunblock Lotion may not be ideal for oily facial complexions, especially if you are already wearing makeup. The lightweight formula is normally lightweight and non-greasy, but it can occasionally cause clogged pores and breakouts on your face when it is applied over any existing makeup.
If you aren't already using a good sunscreen, make it a point to purchase one soon. You can either use it on top of your regular moisturizer or choose a product which combines both components. A product like this will protect your skin from harmful rays and from drying out.
Below are some of the best sunscreen products on the market today, in our opinion.
Verdict on Claimed Benefits: Below is our summary of the available evidence for the claimed benefits of below mentioned sunscreens based on the available research: