A recent study in the United States found that a considerable percentage of people have stretch marks in certain areas of their bodies.
Most women develop this unattractive skin problem during puberty, weight gain or pregnancy while many men also have this problem due to puberty or weight gain.
Although it is nothing more than a cosmetic problem, meaning it doesn’t have any effect on a person’s health, almost everyone who has it wants to get rid of it. There are several treatments that claim to reduce or eliminate visible stretch marks.
The most popular treatment today is the use of topical stretch mark formulas.
However, most products don’t really work so you need to carefully research in order to find the best products. To help you choose among the hundreds of stretch mark creams on the market, we will be reviewing a popular brand and check if it is worth buying..
The product to be closely inspected in this article is from a company called Generix Laboratories which offers a few supplements and skincare products. The company is based in Salt Lake City and there are several complaints filed with the Better Business Bureau against the company for product claims and billing problems.
The product is called Striadril which is a popular stretch mark cream being sold online for $39.99.
How Does It Rate?
- The product claims to be a bioactive formulation that reduces the appearance of stretch marks.
- The anti-stretch mark formula claims to contain skin firming agents, elasticizers and skin hydrators which help reduce the visibility of stretch marks.
- It also claims to include anti-wrinkle compounds in its formulation so it can also be used to reduce the severity of wrinkles helping the skin appear firmer and tighter.
- Shea Butter
- Mango Seed Butter
- Cocoa Seed Butter
- Sweet Almond Oil
- The product has been around for a long time
- It can also be used to reduce the appearance of wrinkles
- The formula is said to be clinically proven
- The formula also works on scars
- There are some reviews from customers saying it works
- No details are provided on the clinical study proving the effectiveness of the formula
- It contains ingredients like peppermint oil which can irritate the skin of some people
- There is no money-back guarantee offer
- There are many customer reviews that say it doesn’t really offer considerable results
- There are no details available on the active ingredients of Striadril
How Does Striadril Work?
Striadril is a fast-absorbing bioactive topical formula developed for reducing the visibility of stretch marks. It uses a proprietary blend of skin firming agents, skin hydrators and ingredients that enhance the skin’s elasticity.
It also contains potent compounds that can also be used to reduce the appearance of wrinkles. This is the reason some people use the formula for reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
The formulation was specifically designed to visibly reduce the appearance of stretch marks by decreasing length, improving texture and making the discoloration less noticeable.
Striadril Ingredients – Are They Safe & Effective?
The active ingredients of Striadril are glycerine, butylene glycol, fruit extract, palmitoyl pentapeptide-3, phyllanthus emblica, siegesbeckia orientalis, glucosamine HCl, palmitoyl oligopeptide, urea, algae extract, faex, centella asiatica extract, hydrolysed wheat protein, Echinacea angustifolia extract, hydrolysed wheat starch, hyhydrolyzedheat protein, licorice root extract, arctostaphylos uva-ursi extract, imperata cylindrical root extract, sesame seed oil, sweet almond oil, cocoa seed butter, shea butter, mango seed butter and peppermint oil.
There is no information provided on how each of the active ingredients works. The most notable active ingredients are
– It may help reduce the appearance of stretch marks and scarring. It’s thought that shea butter stops keloid fibroblasts — scar tissue — from reproducing, while encouraging healthy cell growth to take their place. This may Help your skin heal, minimizing the appearance of stretch marks and scarring.
Mango Seed Butter
– Mango butter, or a topical cream made with the oil from mango seeds, is becoming a popular skin supplement. Beauty bloggers and NCBI say it can soften skin, protect against sun damage, clear up stretch marks.
Cocoa Seed Butter
– People often believe that cocoa butter can prevent stretch marks. Two separate Studies, one with a group of 300 women and another where 175 women completed the study , concluded that cocoa butter did not prevent stretch marks from forming any more effective than other moisturizers. 
Sweet almond oil
– Rich in Vitamin E and other essential nutrients, almond oil deeply moisturizes the affected areas, supports cell health, as per Article It reduces redness of the marks and eliminates stretch marks with time. Heat some almond oil and massage your skin with it in a circular motion and let it be absorbed by the skin. 
which are commonly included in anti-stretch mark formulations.
Q : What It Does In Reality
A : According to customer feedback on Striadril, it isn’t very effective in reducing the appearance of stretch marks but the formula is effective in tightening the skin and making it firmer.
Many users say it is a good formula for reducing the appearance of wrinkles and making the skin smoother and suppler.
There are some customer reviews that say it reduces the visibility of stretch marks but the effects are not very considerable.
Q : How to Use Striadril?
A : Apply Striadril on clean, dry skin three times daily. Do not exceed three applications within a 24-hour period.
Use sparingly because it is a concentrated formula; a little goes a long way. Typically, you will only need a dime-sized amount to cover the face area.
Gently massage on affected areas using a circular motion until it is fully absorbed. The formula is fast-absorbing which will leave the skin smooth, youthful and silky instantly.
Q : How Long Does It Take To See Results?
A : The product claims to be clinically proven to be effective in working within 28 days.
However, some people who have tried it say it takes longer and the results are not very considerable.
The results may take longer if the stretch marks are old or silvery/greyish/whitish in color.
Q : Is It Really Clinically Proven As Claimed?
A : The Striadril website (which is now down due to unknown reasons) stated that the formula is clinically proven to be effective through a series of studies.
The product is said to be effective wherein 93% of participants experienced a significant reduction in the appearance of stretch marks.
However, there is no further information on the study including how long the participants used the formula and the laboratory that performed the study.
There is a big possibility that there was really no study conducted on the stretch mark cream or it was conducted by a laboratory paid by the Generix Laboratories thus resulting to biased findings.
Q : Is Striadril Safe?
A : The product has not undergone thorough clinical safety testing so it is not proven to be 100% safe.
The only side effect according to people who have tried the formula is skin irritation which may occur when the user is hypersensitive to any of the ingredients. This side effect can also occur when the individual has very sensitive skin.
Read Next – Bella B Tummy Honey Butter
Striadril – Final Verdict
After carefully examining Striadril including its formulation and the feedback from people who have tried the anti-stretch mark formula, it is just an ordinary product. Most users didn’t experience considerable effects from using it.
Actually, it is more effective as a wrinkle cream according to product reviews. It is still worth buying but there are better anti-stretch mark formulas on the market.
The unfortunate truth is that more than 90% of the stretch mark creams being sold today are ineffective. Some are even unsafe and can cause side effects like skin irritation. Choosing a stretch mark cream is a very difficult process that takes a lot of time for thorough research. To make it a lot easier for you, we have carefully examined the top stretch mark creams on the market and ranked them based on effectiveness, safety and affordability. Here are the best products for your consideration.
Below are some of the best stretch mark creams on the market today, in our opinion.
Verdict on Claimed Benefits: Below is our summary of the available evidence for the claimed benefits of below mentioned stretch mark creams based on the available research: