Clarins Stretch Mark Control Overview
The main cause of stretch marks is considerably stretching the skin over a short period of time. This causes parts of the dermis to break, leading to the appearance of stretch marks in certain parts of the body. According to Leslie Baumann, MD who is the director of the University of Miami Cosmetic Center, genetic factors play a major role in the development of stretch marks. This is why some people will never have this problem no matter how much weight they gain.
In treating stretch marks, the most important part is treating the problem as early as possible. Prevention is better, especially in the case of pregnancy wherein moisturizers like Shea butter can be used to prevent the development of stretch marks.
However, there are also topical formulations that claim to reduce the appearance of already visible stretch marks. We will take a closer look at such a product and determine if it is worth purchasing.
Clarins is a well-known skincare brand that offers a wide range of products. The company is recognized for offering products that contain plant extracts as active ingredients. Natural ingredients are not just safer but in many cases more effective.
Clarins Stretch Mark Control utilizes special plant extracts that reduce the visibility of stretch marks caused by pregnancy, puberty, or weight gain. It helps repair damaged skin tissue which is the main cause of the appearance of stretch marks in different parts of the body.
How Does It Rate?
- The product is designed to target stretch marks reducing their appearance.
- Clarins Stretch Mark Control helps reduce the appearance of stretch marks by increasing the production of collagen fibers.
- This improves the elasticity of the skin considerably to make it more resistant to the development of stretch marks and may also reduce the appearance of already visible stretch marks.
- Centella asiatica
- Siegesbeckia orientalis
- Evidently, the main strength of Clarins Stretch Mark Control is that there are many positive reviews on the product, saying it works especially when it comes to preventing stretch marks.
- Another obvious strength of the product is the fact that it is from a renowned skincare company that has an established reputation for offering products that contain natural extract ingredients.
- The primary weakness of the stretch mark cream is that there is no clinical research conducted proving its effectiveness in reducing the appearance of stretch marks.
- Most people who have tried it also say it only works a little in reducing already visible stretch marks.
- There is also no money back guarantee which would have been a good sign in terms of effectiveness.
Does Clarins Stretch Mark Control Really Work?
There is no clinical evidence that Clarins Stretch Mark Control is effective in reducing the appearance of stretch marks. It has not undergone clinical testing of any kind to prove that it really works. However, there is a lot of good feedback from customers who have tried it, saying it works in reducing the appearance of stretch marks but the effects are not very considerable. For preventing stretch marks, most feedback and reviews say it is very effective.
Clarins Stretch Mark Control Ingredients – Are They Safe & Effective?
Centella asiatica contains active compounds, such as triterpenoids, that may stimulate collagen production and enhance skin elasticity. Collagen is a protein that plays a crucial role in maintaining the structure and firmness of the skin. By promoting collagen synthesis, Centella asiatica may potentially help reduce the appearance of stretch marks over time.
– Clarins laboratories discovered a substance in it called Asiaticoside which soothes irritation and stimulates the synthesis of collagen to protect the skin from marks and aging. Another active ingredient of Clarins Stretch Mark Control is Crowberry extract which is traditionally used for veinotonic effects. Recent Research has found that it contains flavonoids which are natural substances that have potent soothing and antioxidant properties. They also inhibit enzymes that break down collagen and elastin fibers.
– The anti-stretch mark cream also contains Siegesbeckia orientalis which has been used for centuries in traditional Chinese medicine for its healing effects on the skin. As per NCBI It has recently been discovered to contain a special crystalline structure akin to aspirin.
This means it has anti-inflammatory effects that help soothe skin irritation which can reduce the appearance of newly formed stretch marks. The product also contains olive, coconut and palm oils which moisturizes the skin and promotes elasticity.
Possible Side Effects
The only side effects of the product are skin irritation and allergic reactions. It may cause irritation to the skin of individuals with highly sensitive skin. Check the ingredients carefully and perform skin testing to make sure you’re not allergic to any of the ingredients. The product is relatively safe and is not connected to any serious side effects.
Clarins Stretch Mark Control FAQ
Q : Is this product safe to use during pregnancy? I read that crowberry can be dangerous to use if pregnant. I bought two of these and am not sure if I should use them. I am 3 months pregnant.
A: Clarins products aren’t 100% natural, however, they’re formulated without a lot of the bad stuff and their Complete Age Control Concentrate Serum came highly recommended from some pregnant mamas.
Q : How to Apply Clarins Stretch Mark Control?
A: Just apply the topical formulation using a circular motion on the affected areas twice a day. Make sure it is fully absorbed before wearing clothes.
Q: What are the Warnings for Clarins Stretch Mark Control?
A : Clarins Stretch Mark Control may cause skin irritation to individuals who have very sensitive skin. It may also contain ingredients that some people are hypersensitive to. Perform skin testing first before using the product on the affected areas to check for any adverse reaction. Do not apply on wounds or damaged skin. If you are using topical medication of any kind or have skin conditions, consult your dermatologist before using this product to avoid side effects or adverse reactions.
Clarins Stretch Mark Control is a good product worth trying. There are many positive feedback and testimonials from people who have tried it and it is from a well-known skincare company. The main problem is that it is more of a stretch mark prevention product. It isn’t very effective in diminishing stretch marks that are already visible. Moreover, the product is not clinically proven to be effective since it has not undergone clinical testing of any kind. The truth is that there are many better anti-stretch mark products on the market but this product is still worth a second look.
The unfortunate truth is that more than 90% of the stretch mark creams being sold today are ineffective. Some are even unsafe and can cause side effects like skin irritation. Choosing a stretch mark cream is a very difficult process that takes a lot of time for thorough research. To make it a lot easier for you, we have carefully examined the top stretch mark creams on the market and ranked them based on effectiveness, safety and affordability. Here are the best products for your consideration.
Below are some of the best stretch mark creams on the market today, in our opinion.
Verdict on Claimed Benefits: Below is our summary of the available evidence for the claimed benefits of below mentioned stretch mark creams based on the available research: