Lancome Bright Expert Overview
Having a clear and even complexion can give you a significant advantage when it comes to appearance. Everyone wants to have beautiful, radiant, and blemish-free skin.
However, dark spots can occur due to a number of reasons like too much sun exposure, medical conditions, or acne.
Dark spots are commonly due to hyperpigmentation or the excessive amount of melanin in the skin.
To safely get rid of this kind of skin discoloration, you don’t need to spend a lot of money on invasive cosmetic procedures.
Over-the-counter skin brightening products can have almost the same effects at a fraction of the cost. Let’s scrutinize one such product to see if it is an effective product worth buying.
How Does It Rate?
- The product we will be scrutinizing is called Bright Expert and it is from a well-known company called Lancome.
- The company offers a wide range of skincare and makeup products and they offer a line of fragrances as well.
- Lancome is well established and has a good reputation for selling quality products. Lancome Bright Expert is a product formulated to address hyperpigmentation and skin unevenness.
- It is enriched with yeast extract and virtually gets rid of dark spots to reveal an evenly radiant complexion.
- Hydrolyzed Soy Flour
- Propylene Glycol
- Licorice Root Extract
- Sunflower Seed Extract
- It is from a well-known company that offers a wide range of products
- There are many positive reviews from people who have tried it
- Some ingredients are clinically proven to be effective
- There are no details on the clinical study mentioned on the product’s website
- It contains a lot of ingredients and most are chemicals
- It may cause adverse effects like skin irritation
- There is not much information provided on the product’s website
- The Lancome website doesn’t mention the active ingredients and their functions
- There are many negative feedback and reviews from people who have tried it
- There is no money-back guarantee offer
- Many of the ingredients are not clinically proven to be effective
- It is heavily fragrant which may cause skin irritation
How Does Lancome Bright Expert Work?
The Lancome Bright Expert website states that it is a product of more than 12 years of research on skin unevenness and hyperpigmentation.
It also states that the product is clinically proven to be effective. It is mentioned on the website that 78.8% of women who used it saw a reduction in the appearance of dark spots after using the skin brightener for 4 weeks.
Also, 82.3% of women who used it saw an even-toned complexion after using it for 4 weeks. There are no details provided on the clinical study which is not a good sign.
There is a possibility that the clinical study was not conducted by an independent research laboratory or there is really no clinical study conducted on the product.
Lancome Bright Expert Ingredients – Are they Safe & Effective?
The only key ingredients mentioned on the Lancome website are yeast extract and ellagic acid. There is not much research on yeast extract proving that it really has skin-lightening effects.
On the other hand, there is a lot of evidence that ellagic acid which is a polyphenol antioxidant works in lightening the skin.
However, most of the research only covers the oral administration of ellagic acid. Few ingredients in the product are given below:
Hydrolyzed Soy Flour
-Hydrolyzed Soy Flour is a hydrolysate of soy flour derived by acid, enzyme, or other methodof hydrolysis.
-Propylene glycol is a synthetic liquid substance that absorbs water. Propylene glycol is also used to make polyester compounds and as a base for deicing solutions
Licorice Root Extract
-A substance prepared from dried roots of the plant Glycyrrhiza glabra. It is used as a flavoring in medicines, drinks, and sweets, and it is being studied in the treatment of cancer.
Sunflower Seed Extract
Lancome Bright Expert FAQ’s
Q : What Is It Formulated To Do Exactly?
A:Lancome Bright Expert is formulated to get rid of skin unevenness by reducing the appearance of dark spots. The product’s website states that it delivers the results in as little as 4 weeks.
However, according to customer feedback, it takes longer for considerable results to be seen.
Q: When should I apply Lancome Bright Expert?
A:Most skin-lightening creams will ask you to apply them once or twice a day, usually in the evening. They should only be applied to the darkened area of skin specifically. Some more potent creams should be used every other day or only a couple of days per week.
Most of the feedback and reviews are negative, saying Lancome Bright Expert is not really very effective.
A lot of people who have tried the skin brightener say it brightens the skin a little but it takes a very long time to see considerable results.
Though there is also some positive feedback saying the product works. The main problem according to feedback and testimonials is that it takes some time to see results and it can take more than 4 weeks for any visible effects. Some feedback also mentioned side effects like skin irritation.
Read Next – Obagi Skin Care Gel
Lancome Bright Expert Review – Final Verdict
Lancome Bright Expert is a good skin brightener. However, it has many weaknesses like the fact that many people who have used it experienced skin irritation.
It is effective in lightening skin tone according to many customers who have tried it. It just takes longer than the 4 weeks stated on the product’s website.
Overall, this is still a product worth trying but there are better options for skin brightening on the market.
Skin Brighteners aid in reducing post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation revealing even skin tone. Skin brighteners also can help revitalize tired and dull skin resulting in a youthful, healthy glow.
Below you'll find some of the most effective skin brightening products on the market today, in our opinion.
Verdict on Claimed Benefits: Below is our summary of the available evidence for the claimed benefits of below mentioned anti-aging supplements, creams, serums, and moisturizers based on the available research: