In This Article
What is SkinCeuticals Hydrating B5 Gel?
SkinCeuticals Hydrating B5 Gel is an oil free hydrating serum that contains hyaluronic acid. It is claimed to replenish moisture and restore radiance to the skin. It also replenishes nutrients to the skin allowing it to appear smoother and younger.
In particular, this moisturizer combines the forces of vitamin B5 and hyaluronic acid to help the skin retain moisture. As such it, leaves the skin feeling smooth and supple, help it retain moisture without clogging pores, enhances the action of a daily moisturizer and provides hydration to the skin. The gel is supposedly ideal for all skin types including acne prone skin.
Who is the Manufacturer of SkinCeuticals Hydrating B5 Gel?
The manufacturer of SkinCeuticals Hydrating B5 Gel is SkinCeuticals, a skincare brand that manufactures and sells skincare products globally. The company’s main focus is to promote skin health through formulating products with potent ingredients that have been well researched and proven to be effective. These clinical skincare products are used by dermatologists, plastic surgeons, and daily medi-spas to complement aesthetic procedures. In 2005, L’Oreal purchased SkinCeuticals which to date sells its products through cosmetic surgeons, dermatologists, and spas.
How Does SkinCeuticals Hydrating B5 Gel Work?
SkinCeuticals Hydrating B5 Gel contains two super ingredients; hyaluronic acid and vitamin B5. Hyaluronic acid is a powerful humectant that is known to provide long lasting hydration to the skin. As a key molecule in hydration, hyaluronic acid draws water to itself which helps the skin retain moisture. As for vitamin B5, it is an essential nutrient that enhances the repair process of the skin barrier. So combined, these active ingredients propel the serum to allow the skin to work optimally.
SkinCeuticals Hydrating B5 Gel Ingredients – Are they Safe & Effective?
- Hyaluronic Acid- this ingredient is a key molecule in hydration it allows skin to retain water which prevents dryness a common symptom of aging skin. According to the Journal of Clinical Aesthetic Dermatology, topical hyaluronic acid has shown effectiveness in maintaining skin hydration.
- Vitamin B5- this ingredient is also known as pantothenic acid and is widely used in cosmetic products as it is able to improve the signs of premature aging. This water soluble vitamin is claimed to maintain good skin quality. According to the Journal of Dermatological Treatment, vitamin B5 may help strengthen the skin’s barrier, enhance hydration, rejuvenate, and soothe the skin.
- Phenoxyethanol- this ingredient has a large spectrum of antimicrobial activity and is used as a preservative in cosmetic products. According to the European Scientific Committee on Consumer Safety, phenoxyethanol is safe for all consumers when used as a preservative. This ingredient is also safe for children of all ages.
What are the Advantages of SkinCeuticals Hydrating B5 Gel?
- It may provide extra hydration to the skin due to the presence of hyaluronic acid
- It claims to help hydrate acne prone skin without clogging pores
- May leave skin feeling smooth and supple
- May used as a standalone product or with a daily moisturizer
- Claimed to be ideal for all skin types
What are the Disadvantages of SkinCeuticals Hydrating B5 Gel?
- It may seem to absorb too fast to some people
- The price tag may seem high for some users
Q: How Should You Use SkinCeuticals Hydrating B5 Gel?
A: Apply 2 to 3 drops to the entire face, neck, and chest using fingertips while avoiding the eye area. If using in the morning, apply after a SkinCeuticals vitamin C antioxidant serum and before a SkinCeuticals sunscreen. If using at night, apply after retinol application.
Q: How Much Does SkinCeuticals Hydrating B5 Gel Cost?
A: This Hydrating Gel costs $83.00 on the brand’s official website which is quite expensive for consumers on a budget.
Q: What is SkinCeuticals Hydrating B5 Gel Return Policy?
A: SkinCeuticals offers a 30 day return policy for unsatisfied users who wish to return products. Fore refunds to be processed, items should be returned within 30 days after the purchase date.
Q: Does SkinCeuticals Hydrating B5 Gel Offer a Free Trial?
A: Yes, for customers who subscribe to SkinCeuticals Subscription Service which provides complimentary shipping as well as free samples. Some reviewers on the site had received samples from medical spas or from their dermatologists.
SkinCeuticals Hydrating B5 Gel – Final Verdict
The SkinCeuticals Hydrating Gel claims to support skin hydration for all skin types; dry, normal, oily, combination, and sensitive. By joining forces between hyaluronic acid and vitamin B5, this hydrating gel works for skin condition such as acne, aging, dehydrated, and sensitized as per the manufacturer’s claims.
To back these claims, there are scientific journals that prove the efficacy of the ingredients used to formulate this gel. Hyaluronic acid for instance is widely used in dermatology owing to its water-binding property which allows it to retain skin moisture and improve skin hydration.
According to the physician insight provided by Dr. Patti Flint on the product page, this hydrating gel is ideal for excessively dry or hot climate. In her words, this product is like a ‘first-aid’ for the skin. Dr. Patti further explains that SkinCeuticals Hydrating B5 Gel is not only silky but it also helps replenish lost moisture.
SkinCeuticals Hydrating B5 Gel can be used on its own or in a skincare regimen. It can be used together with a day serum such as vitamin C antioxidant serum. And while it protects the skin from losing its moisture, it is still recommended to be followed up with a sunscreen. In the evenings, it can be used after retinol application.
Moving to the customer reviews, this product has garnered a whopping 4.7 stars with 94% of the consumers recommending it. This may mean that the product is worth a try. Reviewers claimed their skin felt hydrated and radiant just as advertised. On the other hand, a few reviewers felt that this product was not as hydrating, in that it absorbed too fast.
Since positive reviews outnumbered the negative ones, there is a high chance that this product may work for most users, but then one has to get their own experience with any product to confirm.
Where To Find It?
To make an order, visit the product’s Official Website