In This Article
What is SkinCeuticals LHA Cleansing Gel?
SkinCeuticals LHA Cleansing Gel is an exfoliating gel that is claimed to decongest pores, brighten skin, and smooth the skin texture. This cleanser harnesses the power of hydroxy acids and conditioning agents.
It is formulated for aging skin that is prone to breakouts and is free from alcohol, dye, fragrance, parabens, and soap. It targets to help remove excess oils and makeup, provides even exfoliation to unclog pores and addresses breakouts
Who is the Manufacturer of SkinCeuticals LHA Cleansing Gel?
The producer of this product is SkinCeuticals, a skincare company that is based in the USA. The company has branches in other countries where it sells its products as well. SkinCeuticals claims its focus is to promote skin health through its antioxidants, cleansers, exfoliators, masks, antiaging creams, toners, and retinol creams. The company also claims to use science and innovation as a guide for its formulations and to reinforce its credibility the brand features dermatologist recommendations for each product.
How Does SkinCeuticals LHA Cleansing Gel Work?
As skin ages, it becomes prone to breakouts due to loss of moisture and slowdown in the cell turnover cycle. This causes a build-up of dead skin cells which clog pores and cause breakouts. For this reason, daily cleansing and exfoliation are effective in decongesting pores and removing excess sebum as well as dead skin cells. This is exactly what SkinCeuticals LHA Cleansing Gel does. It provides exfoliation and hydration which help address breakouts and skin aging at the same time.
SkinCeuticals LHA Cleansing Gel Ingredients – Are they Safe & Effective?
- LHA – Lipo-hydroxy acid (capryloyl salicylic acid) is a derivative of salicylic acid which helps promote cell turnover due to its exfoliating activities. It is also claimed to unclog pores. In the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, LHA was considered an effective and safe peel in reducing fine lines, wrinkles, and hyperpigmentation.
- Glycolic Acid – This ingredient is the most common alpha hydroxy acid used for chemical peels as it is simple, inexpensive, and has no downtime. It is also known as fruit peel. According to the Clinical, Cosmetic and Investigational Dermatology, glycolic acid peel have anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and keratolytic effects.
- Propylene Glycol – This is a polymer that is used as a skin-conditioning agent, humectant, viscosity-decreasing agent, and solvent. According to the Cosmetic Ingredient Review, propylene glycol is safe for use as it causes no skin irritation as well as sensitization.
- Sorbitol – This ingredient is primarily used as a humectant, sweetener, and thickener. It works as a conditioning agent that helps reduce moisture loss on the skin and hair. According to the Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology, sorbitol attracts water from the dermis to epidermis which keeps the skin hydrated.
- Salicylic Acid – This ingredient has been used in the treatment of various skin disorders for over two millennia. Its ability to exfoliate the stratum corneum makes it a good peeling agent. The Clinical, Cosmetic, and Investigational Dermatology claims that salicylic acid is useful for patients with acne, melasma, freckles, photodamage, and lentigines.
What are the Advantages of SkinCeuticals LHA Cleansing Gel?
- It may smooth out fine lines and wrinkles
- It might help unclog pores and prevent future breakouts
- May diminish discoloration and hyperpigmentation
- Claims to exfoliate the skin evenly leaving a smooth canvas
- May remove excess oil, makeup, and impurities
What are the Disadvantages of SkinCeuticals LHA Cleansing Gel?
- Some users complained of poor packaging which causes leaks
- The results may delay than anticipated for some people
Q: How Should You Use SkinCeuticals LHA Cleansing Gel?
A: Apply a small amount of this cleanser onto a wet face and neck in a light circular motion twice a day. Rinse thoroughly with warm water and pat dry. If using in the morning, follow up with SkinCeuticals vitamin C serum and sunscreen. If using in the evening, follow up with SkinCeuticals moisturizer or corrective product.
Q: How Much Does SkinCeuticals LHA Cleansing Gel Cost?
A: On the company’s official website, this product costs $41.00.
Q: What is SkinCeuticals LHA Cleansing Gel Return Policy?
A: SkinCeuticals has a 30 day return policy. Unsatisfied users should return items within 30 days after the purchase date.
Q: Does SkinCeuticals LHA Cleansing Gel Offer a Free Trial?
A: No, at the moment the brand does not offer free samples for this product. As for when samples will be provided, this information is not available. If you are an interested customer, you should be on the lookout for sales which is likely when the brand provides samples.
SkinCeuticals LHA Cleansing Gel – Final Verdict
SkinCeuticals LHA Cleansing Gel according to the brand is the company’s “best cleanser for acne prone skin.” It bagged the 2018 Women’sHealth Healthy Skin Award as the best cleanser. Owing to these accolades, this face wash could be worth trying if you have an oily or combination skin type.
Moreover, this exfoliating cleanser gel features super ingredients that have been proven effective by science. Ingredients such as LHA, glycolic acid, and salicylic acids are known to be effective where peeling is concerned. These ingredients not only remove dead skin cells and excess oils, they also help fade fine lines and wrinkles. Additionally, these ingredients target hyperpigmentation and skin discoloration, also major skin concerns for users.
SkinCeuticals LHA Cleansing Gel is free from dye, fragrance, alcohol, soap and parabens which keep it safe from causing irritations and skin sensitivity. Users with acne can therefore use this face wash worry free.
Coming to its price, this product is quite affordable compared to other cleansers. So if you are a user on a budget, you can afford this product. It is also money saving because only a little amount is required per application.
While users loved this product, the major complaint about the exfoliating cleanser is its packaging. Reviewers claimed that the bottle leaked, which the case on can request for an exchange. To understand more on this product, one may visit the official website or call the customer care team through the number provided at the official website.
Where To Find It?
To make an order, visit the product’s Official Website