What is SkinCeuticals Gentle Cleanser?
SkinCeuticals Gentle Cleanser is a mild cream cleanser that removes excess oil and impurities while soothing and calming dry or sensitive skin. This product is an emollient-rich surfactant that combines various super ingredients to help cleanse skin. In particular, it cleanses the skin from long-wear eye and face makeup, reduces impurities, unclogs the pores, and leaves the skin feeling soft and moisturized. In addition, it may supposedly prime the skin for in-office treatments such as chemical peels.
How Does It Rate?
- SkinCeuticals is the manufacturer of this mild cleanser.
- Formulated for sensitive or traumatized skin.
- Gentle Cleanser removes excess impurities and oil without drying the skin.
- Leaves skin feeling clean and fresh.
- Orange oil
- Glycolic Acid
- It may remove long-wear makeup and surface debris.
- It might leave the skin feeling soft and hydrated.
- It claims to enhance skin radiance and restore its beauty.
- Claimed to be a non-comedogenic formula.
- Claimed to be free from alcohol, dye, fragrance, parabens, soap, and sulfate.
- Contains citrus oil, which may cause a mild burning sensation.
- Reviewers complained about the product package.
Who is the Manufacturer of SkinCeuticals Gentle Cleanser?
SkinCeuticals is the manufacturer of this mild cleanser. The company is based in the U.S. and has branches in various countries. SkinCeuticals has a large collection of skincare products such as cleansers, exfoliators, creams, moisturizers, sunscreens, serums, and masks. In 2005, SkinCeuticals was purchased by skincare giant L’Oreal Group. The brand sells its products through a distribution network that includes cosmetic surgeons, dermatologists, retailers, and spas.
How Does SkinCeuticals Gentle Cleanser Work?
Dull complexions occur for various reasons, such as dry air, lipid depletion, harsh soaps, overuse of exfoliating products, and in-office procedures. Dry skin, which is more susceptible to a dull complexion, has special cleansing needs. For that reason, SkinCeuticals formulated this mild face cleanser, which is designed specifically for dry, sensitive, and post-procedure skin. This non-foaming cleanser removes makeup and debris while hydrating the skin, leaving it feeling soft and moisturized.
SkinCeuticals Gentle Cleanser Ingredients – Are they Safe & Effective?
– This is categorized under citrus essential oils. These oils are important in perfume, food and beverage industries, aromatherapy, and medicine. According to the International Journal of Molecular Science, orange oil was found to be effective in the treatment of acne. It also inhibits the growth of bacteria.
– This ingredient is usually added to cleansers to hydrate and soften skin. Conditioners used in this formula are claimed to be basic and non-irritant. In the Journal of American Academy of Dermatology, conditioning cleansers were tested on how effective they delivered water to the stratum corneum and their effect on dry skin.
– These are natural components that give the skin a calming effect. Emollients, also known as fatty alcohols together with humectants help counter irritancy or drying potential of surfactants as per the Indian Journal of Dermatology. Emollients also help reduce the severity of damage caused by UV exposure.
– This is one of the alpha hydroxy acids which are usually used as superficial peeling agents in improving the appearance of keratosis and acne. According to the Molecules journal , glycolic acid has anti-inflammatory and photoprotective effects against UVB radiation.
– This ingredient is derived from urea and it works to get rid of excess keratinized epidermis as per the Pediatria i Medycyna Rodzinna journal. Allantoin has strong moisturizing properties and is not allergenic thus used in products dedicated for dry skin as well as acne or allergy-prone skin. It also helps skin retain more water and rebuild the protective hydro-lipid layer.
SkinCeuticals Gentle Cleanser – FAQ’s
Q: How Should You Take SkinCeuticals Gentle Cleanser?
A: Apply a small amount of the cleanser to a wet face and neck using light circular motion twice daily. Rinse thoroughly with water.
Q: How Much Does SkinCeuticals Gentle Cleanser Cost?
A: This gentle cleanser costs $35.00 on the brand’s official website.
Q: What is SkinCeuticals Gentle Cleanser Return Policy?
A: SkinCeuticals allows unsatisfied users to return products within 30 days of the purchase date.
Q: Does SkinCeuticals Gentle Cleanser Offer a Free Trial?
A: No, there is no free trial for this product. While other products offer a chance to get free samples if you subscribe, this cleanser does not come with that offer.
Customer Reviews for SkinCeuticals Gentle Cleanser
This does not work for me. It causes little burning and irritation to my skin. Not advised for those with sensitive skin.~ Review by R.Brells
SkinCeuticals Gentle Cleanser – Final Verdict
SkinCeuticals Gentle Cleanser is a mild cream cleanser that is claimed to be suitable for dry, normal, oily, combination, and sensitive skin. It has been designed to cater to conditions of the skin such as aging, dehydration, blotchiness, discoloration, and sensitivity. This facial cleanser has also been claimed to be ideal for post-office treatments such as chemical peels, non-ablative laser, intense pulse light, injectables, microdermabrasion, and microneedling.
This gentle cleanser works to rid the skin off makeup, impurities, and other surface debris. While most cleansers are notorious for stripping the skin off its natural moisture and oils, this cleanser is said to restore the skin’s hydration and oils thus preventing skin dryness. Additionally, this cleanser claims to leave the skin feeling soft, moisturized, and clean from impurities.
With all these claims, it is only fair to establish if they are true or not based on the ingredients. As we have seen, all the active ingredients used to formulate this product have scientific proof to support their effectiveness. And if science backs it, then the product may be worth the attention. As for reviews, users were quite intrigued by the product, giving it a 4.4-star rating. These reviewers affirmed that the cleanser worked without causing irritation, even for users with sensitive skin. Users loved the citrus fragrance and the overall effectiveness of the product.
Nonetheless, one user pointed out that it would be better for them if the cream was a bit thick and not too gentle. The dispenser may also be great with a tweak.
On this, the brand has provided further instruction on how to use the dispenser, which is to twist the cap and see if it will unlock the cleanser. So apart from those few shortcomings, this cleanser could be a great product for everyday use.
Now that you know what a priority it should be to use a good facial cleanser, hopefully you'll make sure it's part of your regimen. A good face cleanser can keep your face clear of dirt and impurities, and over the long run it can give you younger looking skin.
Below are some of the best facial cleanser products on the market today, in our opinion.
Verdict on Claimed Benefits: Below is our summary of the available evidence for the claimed benefits of below mentioned facial cleanser based on the available research:
Product reviews are provided for informational purposes only and reflect solely the views and opinions expressed by the contributors and not those of Consumer Health Digest. We do not verify or endorse any claims made in these reviews. Please read the full product reviews disclaimer. *All individuals are unique. Your results can and will vary.
Have a Question? Please Tell Us What We Are Missing Here!
We review published medical research in respected scientific journals to arrive at our conclusions about a product or health topic. This ensures the highest standard of scientific accuracy.
 Emollients : https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32892528/
 Glycolic Acid : https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/Glycolic-acid
 Allantoin : https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/Allantoin
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available informations and our estimation of efficacy.
*Result may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purpose. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended to be used for self diagnosis or self treatment of any condition.
*Disclosure of Material connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you can click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."