In This Article
What is SkinCeuticals Gentle Cleanser?
SkinCeuticals Gentle Cleanser is a mild cream cleanser that removes excess oil and impurities while soothing and calming dry or sensitive skin. This product is an emollient-rich surfactant that combines various super ingredients to help cleanse skin.
In particular it cleanses the skin from long-wear eye and face makeup, reduces impurities and unclog the pores, as well as leaves the skin feeling soft and moisturized. In addition, it may supposedly prime the skin from in-office treatments such as chemical peels.
Who is the Manufacturer of SkinCeuticals Gentle Cleanser?
SkinCeuticals is the manufacturer of this mild cleanser. The company is based in the U.S.A and has branches in various countries. SkinCeuticals has a large collection of skincare products such as cleansers, exfoliators, creams, moisturizers, sunscreens, serums, and masks. In 2005, SkinCeuticals was purchased by skincare giant L’Oreal Group. The brand sells its products through a distribution network that includes cosmetic surgeons, dermatologists, retailers, and spas.
How Does SkinCeuticals Gentle Cleanser Work?
Dull complexion occurs due to various reasons such as dry air, lipid depletion, harsh soaps, over use of exfoliating products, and in-office procedures. Dry skin which is more susceptible to dull complexion has special cleansing needs. For that reason, SkinCeuticals formulated this mild face cleanser which is designed specifically for dry, sensitive, and post-procedure skin. This non-foaming cleanser removes makeup and debris while hydrating the skin, leaving it feeling soft and moisturized.
SkinCeuticals Gentle Cleanser Ingredients – Are they Safe & Effective?
- Orange oil – This is categorized under citrus essential oils. These oils are important in perfume, food and beverage industries, aromatherapy, and medicine. According to the International Journal of Molecular Science, orange oil was found to be effective in the treatment of acne. It also inhibits the growth of bacteria.
- Conditioners – This ingredient is usually added to cleansers to hydrate and soften skin. Conditioners used in this formula are claimed to be basic and non-irritant. In the Journal of American Academy of Dermatology, conditioning cleansers were tested on how effective they delivered water to the stratum corneum and their effect on dry skin.
- Emollients – These are natural components that give the skin a calming effect. Emollients, also known as fatty alcohols together with humectants help counter irritancy or drying potential of surfactants as per the Indian Journal of Dermatology. Emollients also help reduce the severity of damage caused by UV exposure.
- Glycolic Acid – This is one of the alpha hydroxy acids which are usually used as superficial peeling agents in improving the appearance of keratosis and acne. According to the Molecules journal, glycolic acid has anti-inflammatory and photoprotective effects against UVB radiation.
- Allantoin – This ingredient is derived from urea and it works to get rid of excess keratinized epidermis as per the Pediatria i Medycyna Rodzinna journal. Allantoin has strong moisturizing properties and is not allergenic thus used in products dedicated for dry skin as well as acne or allergy-prone skin. It also helps skin retain more water and rebuild the protective hydro-lipid layer.
What are the Advantages of SkinCeuticals Gentle Cleanser?
- It may remove long-wear makeup and surface debris
- It might leave the skin feeling soft and hydrated
- It claims to enhance skin radiance and restore it beauty
- Claimed to be a non-comedogenic formula
- Claimed to be free from alcohol, dye, fragrance, parabens, soap, and sulfate
What are the Disadvantages of SkinCeuticals Gentle Cleanser?
- Contains citrus oil which may cause mild feeling of burning
- Reviewers complained of the product package
Q: How Should You Take SkinCeuticals Gentle Cleanser?
A: Apply a small amount of the cleanser to a wet face and neck using light circular motion twice daily. Rinse thoroughly with water.
Q: How Much Does SkinCeuticals Gentle Cleanser Cost?
A: This gentle cleanser costs $35.00 on the brand’s official website.
Q: What is SkinCeuticals Gentle Cleanser Return Policy?
A: SkinCeuticals allows unsatisfied users to return products within 30 days of the purchase date.
Q: Does SkinCeuticals Gentle Cleanser Offer a Free Trial?
A: No, there is no free trial for this product. While other products offer a chance to get free samples if you subscribe, this cleanser does not come with that offer.
You May Also Want To Read – Dr. Andrew Weil For Origins Mega Bright Reviews
SkinCeuticals Gentle Cleanser – Final Verdict
SkinCeuticals Gentle Cleanser is a mild cream cleanser that is claimed to be suitable for dry, normal, oily, combination, and sensitive skin. It has been designed to cater to skin conditions such as aging, dehydration, blotchiness, discoloration, and sensitivity. This facial cleanser has also been claimed to be ideal for post in-office treatment such as chemical peels, non-ablative laser, intense pulse light, injectables, microdermabrasion, and microneedling.
This gentle cleanser works to rid the skin off makeup, impurities, and other surface debris. While most cleansers are notorious for stripping the skin off its natural moisture and oils, this cleanser is said to restore the skin’s hydration and oils thus preventing skin dryness. Additionally, this cleanser claims to leave the skin feeling soft, moisturized, and clean from impurities.
With all these claims, it is only fair to establish if they are true or not based on the ingredients. As we have seen, all the active ingredients used to formulate this product have scientific proof to back their effectiveness. And if Science backs it, then the product may be worth the attention.
As for reviews, users were quite intrigued by the product as they gave it a 4.4-star rating. These reviewers affirmed that the cleanser worked without causing irritation even for users with sensitive skin. Users loved the citrus fragrance and the overall effectiveness of the product.
Nonetheless, one user pointed that it would have good to them if the cream was a bit thick and not too gentle. The dispenser may also be great with an upgrade tweak.
On this, the brand has provided further instruction on how to use the dispenser which is to twist the cap and see if it will unlock the cleanser. So apart from those few shortcomings, this cleanser could be a great product for everyday use.
Where To Find It?
To make an order, visit the product’s Official Website
Now that you know what a priority it should be to use a good facial cleanser, hopefully you'll make sure it's part of your regimen. A good face cleanser can keep your face clear of dirt and impurities, and over the long run it can give you younger looking skin.
Below are some of the best facial cleansers on the market today, in our opinion.