What is Retinol Correxion Eye Cream?
Retinol Correxion Eye Cream is an anti-aging and anti-wrinkle eye cream that according to the manufacturer can eliminate signs of aging, dark circles and puffiness around the eyes. The product is formulated using pure retinol and a unique mineral blend that work synergistically to produce results.
With that in mind, the cream is said to have nourishing, moisturizing and healing properties that are all required for younger, fresher looking eyes.
Table of Contents [Show]
Retinol Correxion Eye Cream is non-greasy and contains ingredients that prevent any allergic reactions in the sensitive skin under the eyes.
Since Retinol is degraded when exposed to light and air, the cream’s packaging has been designed to prevent this from happening, prolonging its benefits.
Who is the Manufacturer of Retinol Correxion Eye Cream?
The company that manufactures this eye cream is called RoC SKINCARE, but Ultra Beauty is also an authorized dealer. RoC® claims to have been in operation since 1957, is located in Paris, and was founded by Dr. Jean-Charles, a well-known pharmacist.
They claim that all the ingredients used in this eye cream have been tested to ensure consumers gain the benefits without side effects. They also sell numerous other beauty care products on their official website, which contains a lot of useful information for consumers.
How Does Retinol Correxion Eye Cream Work?
The ingredients in this eye cream absorb immediately into the skin to support the body’s natural mechanism of skin renewal and rejuvenation.
When active on the skin, the cream helps to diminish dark circles and improves the appearance of wrinkles and crow’s feet. It also moisturizes and nourishes the delicate cells of the skin under the eyes.
The producers of this cream claim that it has been tested by ophthalmologists and is suitable for all skin types.
Retinol Correxion Eye Cream Ingredients – Are they Safe & Effective?
The skin around the eyes is very delicate and it’s important to always consider the ingredients that any eye cream claims to use. Whether organic or not, one needs to examine the ingredients to make sure they are safe, and a necessary part of the formula. The manufacturer of Retinol Correxion Eye Cream seems confident with their ingredients, some of which include:
- Cetearyl Ethyl Hexanoate – This ingredient serves as a skin conditioning agent and emollient that is used in cosmetics. It is also used in personal care products.
- PEG-100 Stearate – An emollient, moisturizer and emulsifier that helps to clean skin and hair; it also helps the mixing of water and oil making it easy to rinse.
- PEG-8 – These are fatty alcohols that are used to boost skin repair and are non-irritating.
- Glyceryl Stearate – This ingredient is produced from a reaction between glycerin and stearic acid. It forms an emulsion through surface tension reduction.
- Tromethamine – This is an ophthalmic solution used as an anti-inflammatory drug that relieves eye itching. It is also often used in cosmetics to adjust pH levels.
- Panthenol – This ingredient is an anti-wrinkle and anti-aging solution. In addition, it has whitening properties which aid in reducing dark circles under the eyes.
- Carbomer – This is a thickening ingredient. It acts as a dispersing, suspending and emulsifying agent in most personal care products.
- Isopropyl Myristate – This is also a thickening agent that has moisturizing properties. Since Isopropyl is a synthetic oil it reduces the greasiness of the cream and also supports absorption of the formula in the skin.
What are the Advantages of Retinol Correxion Eye Cream?
- The cream claims to reduce the appearance of dark circles, crow’s feet and puffiness of the eyes.
- It uses a retinol and mineral blend that is claimed to have the ability to reduce signs of aging.
- It is hypoallergenic, meaning it may not cause allergic reactions to those with sensitive skin.
- It is also said to be non-comedogenic thus claiming not to cause blocked pores when used.
What are the Disadvantages of Retinol Correxion Eye Cream?
- It is not clear whether dark circles or puffiness will return if the individual stops using the cream.
- The cream may cause irritation if it gets in the eyes.
- It may only be useful for eye wrinkles, not the whole face.
- Users may have to wait up to 12 weeks to see noticeable changes.
How Should You use Retinol Correxion Eye Cream?
The cream is to be applied in small dots around the area of the eyes once or twice a day and massaged in gently until absorbed.
How Much Does Retinol Correxion Eye Cream Cost?
The product is not available for sale on the official website so the price may vary from one retailer to another. However, on one of the retailer sites a 0.5 oz tube of the eye cream costs $24.99
What is Retinol Correxion Eye Cream’s Return Policy?
Since the product is not currently sold on the official website, the return policy may vary depending on the retailer.
Does Retinol Correxion Eye Cream Offer a Free Trial?
The producer does not offer free trials for this product. However, consumers can contact the company directly to ask if free samples are available.
Retinol Correxion Eye Cream Product Review – Final Verdict
The area under the eye is sensitive and easily affected by sunlight and other harsh conditions, thus it is prone to wrinkling and aging. Because this skin is almost always exposed, it is hard to protect it from the elements. This skin cream claims to offer protection for the skin around the eyes, correcting and preventing signs of aging.
It is marketed as being able to help remove dark circles, reduce crow’s feet and reduce puffiness, which sounds impressive. However, what may stop potential buyers from trying this product is the fact that it does not clearly mention whether there are synthetic ingredients added. This cream also does not assure clients fast results, and the changes may vary from one person to another.
Users may also experience mild irritation if the cream gets into the eyes, and there’s no guarantee that results would be permanent or if wrinkles would reappear if use was discontinued.
There are lots of eye creams on the market that may offer similar or better anti-aging solutions. It is always a good idea to check out all your options in terms of formulas, pricing and, of course, potential results.
The most common eye area issues are puffiness, dark circles, wrinkles and crow’s feet, and loss of hydration. There are countless eye creams available on the market today, making it seem nearly impossible to find the “right one” that meets our specific under eye needs. It is imperative to find a product that has been formulated to address a variety of complex eye area problems.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available informations and our estimation of efficacy.
*Result may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purpose. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended to be used for self diagnosis or self treatment of any condition.
*Disclosure of Material connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you can click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."