Opti Crystal is an anti-aging serum formulated for the delicate area around the eyes. It essentially works by boosting collagen and elastin formation which restores the youthful qualities of the skin including its smoothness and suppleness. It uses special active ingredients that nurture and strengthen the skin as well. The formula also utilizes the power of antioxidants in protecting the skin from free radicals and preventing premature aging. It uses special liquid crystals that replenish damaged, thinning skin in the eye area. One 0.25 fluid oz. container is priced $93 online.
The anti-aging product is from CosMedix which started in 1999. It claims to use the finest sourced ingredients from all over the world and borrow from Nobel Prize-winning technologies. The company is known for blending botanical ingredients with other proven compounds combining the power of nature and science. The company is not very well known but they are gradually establishing a reputation in the skin care industry.
What Opti Crystal Claims to do?
- Protects and purifies
- Uses corrective, protective and cell-stimulating ingredients
- Stimulates collagen and elastin formation
- Emollient and moisture binding
- Targets eye puffiness, dark circles and fine lines
How it Works?
The formula uses active ingredients that boost collagen and elastin formation in the skin which restores its youthful smoothness and suppleness. This also reduces the appearance of skin aging signs such as fine lines, wrinkles and crow’s feet. It also uses a special ingredient that strengthens the skin to protect it from damage and prevent premature aging. It uses special liquid crystals that replenish damaged and thinning skin in order to keep it youthful and prevent aging signs from appearing. The formula also hydrates the skin thoroughly which helps minimize damage and keeps its youthful qualities.
About the Formulation
The active ingredients according to the Opti Crystal webpage are as follows:
- Copper complex – This is said to encourage the appearance of firmer and younger-looking skin although there is no detailed information on what it is and how it works.
- Spin Trap and Alpha Lipoic Acid – This is a powerful combination of ingredients that contain a high amount of antioxidants. It is for protecting the skin cells from free radical damage which is one of the major causes of premature aging.
- Liquid Crystals – This is for providing deep and lasting hydration which helps protect against damage and keeps the skin supple and smooth.
- Coconut Extract – It is said to strengthen the skin gently while also providing some nourishing and hydrating properties.
Opti Crystal Benefits
- The formulation includes proven active ingredients
- It contains antioxidants which helps prevent premature skin aging
- Opti Crystal contains powerful moisturizing ingredients
- There are some good reviews from users saying it works
Opti Crystal Drawbacks
- There is no independent clinical testing proving its effectiveness
- The formula has not undergone extensive safety testing
- Some of the active ingredients are not substantially proven to be effective
- It is not from a reputable skin care company
- Some users may be sensitive to certain ingredients
- The product is very expensive
- There are some negative reviews saying it is not very effective
How to Use?
Gently pat a small amount of the serum around the eyes and lips. Do not massage into the skin. Allow it to be thoroughly absorbed by the skin and make user it is completely dry before using other skin care products or wearing makeup. It can be applied in the morning and evening for optimum results.
*All individuals are unique. Your results can and will vary.
Avoid contact with eyes to prevent irritation. If it gets into your eyes, wash with water. Check the ingredients carefully before use to make sure you are not allergic to any of them. Perform skin testing to check for sensitivity. If skin irritation develops, wash with water and discontinue use.
Are There Any Side Effects?
The only possible side effect is skin irritation which occurs due to sensitivity to any of the ingredients. If you have highly sensitive skin, consult your skin care professional before using Opti Crystal.
After carefully inspecting the formulation of Opti Crystal and reading reviews from users, it is a good anti-aging formulation. The main problem is the high price but considering the fact that there are many positive feedbacks from people who have tried it, the pricing is quite reasonable. Of course, there are more affordable options on the market if you want to save some money. The combination of active ingredients is impressive and the product is definitely worth a try if you’re looking for an anti-aging product for the problematic eye area.
The most common eye area issues are puffiness, dark circles, wrinkles and crow’s feet, and loss of hydration. There are countless eye creams available on the market today, making it seem nearly impossible to find the “right one” that meets our specific under eye needs. It is imperative to find a product that has been formulated to address a variety of complex eye area problems.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Verdict on Claimed Benefits: Below is our summary of the available evidence for the claimed benefits of below mentioned anti-aging eye creams and eye serums based on the available research:
Product reviews are provided for informational purposes only and reflect solely the views and opinions expressed by the contributors and not those of Consumer Health Digest. We do not verify or endorse any claims made in these reviews. Please read the full product reviews disclaimer.
What do you think what we are missing?
Have a Question? Please Tell Us What We Are Missing Here!
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available informations and our estimation of efficacy.
*Result may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purpose. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended to be used for self diagnosis or self treatment of any condition.
*Disclosure of Material connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you can click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."